Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bikk

whoes idea was it to penalize t10 snowflakes?

29 comments in this topic

[WYRN]
Beta Testers
184 posts
16,187 battles

T10's get 4 usable flage, t5 -t9 get coal and steel.  This is the first time I have seen something like this where you are penalized for running high tiers.

• Cool 11

Members
1,445 posts
7,009 battles

Yeah, they really should have bumped it up to the Big or Mega sized crates if they wanted to reward us with RNG. I ran through all of my T10s and got some camo and 300 doubloons...

Matt

[PQUOD]
Members
2,386 posts
5,096 battles

Yeah this event doesn't seem fully thought out. 

Or they got seriously chintzy this year.

But yeah steel and coal > Flags and camo

Edited by xalmgrey

[USNR]
Members
297 posts
3,889 battles

Initially, I was slightly disappointed because I wanted steel, but I am a sucker for loot crates. Now, when I found out the loot crate they gave me for a victory in a TIER TEN was the cheapest version possible, I felt gipped. Well as gipped as you can feel for still getting something for free. 

• Cool 4

[WOLFG]
Members
29,743 posts
8,770 battles
5 minutes ago, Rgtx1121 said:

I felt gipped Well as gipped as you can feel for still getting something for free. 

Careful with the lingo, Dracula's the last guy you want to trigger....:Smile_trollface:

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
21 minutes ago, Bikk said:

T10's get 4 usable flage, t5 -t9 get coal and steel.  This is the first time I have seen something like this where you are penalized for running high tiers.

I think you need to look up the word 'penalized' because I do not think it means what you think it means. A more accurate and correct description would be you are not being rewarded as much. It's stupid, but accuracy in complaint is important.

[USCG]
Members
617 posts
20,512 battles

When you compare a small Santa crate to a super container (what a T10 earns for WGing’s anniversary) it’s like apples to oranges. Not complaining but it is a reduction...

• Cool 1

[-GK-]
Members
499 posts
11,988 battles

I opened 24 boxes... all crap

got in total

5000 coal, 900 doubloons, 20K Free Xp... 44 camos and 350 signals...

would had traded all for steel... crap lootboxes are crap

Edited by ReflectionTrial

Members
1,368 posts
1,286 battles

Whole lot of complaining for people receiving free stuff. Before last Christmas season, I don't remember us getting anything at all from WG. Then they made the mistake of rewarding players with steel last year just for playing their ships and now people have the audacity to complain about getting a free Santa box for each T10 they own.

Edit: lol go ahead and give me an angry emoji and be mad that you're being given Santa boxes for free. I think that's very petty and entitled to be pissed off over it. If there's anything to be angry about, it's the literally impossible directives for earning the "free" Puerto Rico. That alone is good enough reason for me to never give WG another cent. I stopped buying anything from this company a year ago anyway. At this point, they're just solidifying my resolve not to.

Edited by USS_Taylor_Swift
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 3

[USNR]
Members
297 posts
3,889 battles
26 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

Whole lot of complaining for people receiving free stuff. Before last Christmas season, I don't remember us getting anything at all from WG. Then they made the mistake of rewarding players with steel last year just for playing their ships and now people have the audacity to complain about getting a free Santa box for each T10 they own.

I think there is a fair share between people who are legitimately complaining, and those who are more "bummed" out that they did not get something as good as they did last year. The case can also be made that it is only "fair"(I hate using that word) that a player base who will at times pay upwards of $50 for a virtual ship should be rewarded for their continued commitment to the game. 

• Cool 1

[USMC-]
Members
302 posts
8,314 battles

Agreed on all counts. The small Santa boxes were not a good substitute for 75 steel.

• Cool 1

Members
1,368 posts
1,286 battles
2 minutes ago, cthuhulu said:

Agreed on all counts. The small Santa boxes were not a good substitute for 75 steel.

even if you had 50 ships to earn steel from, that's only 3750 steel. That's such a small amount it doesn't even matter.

• Confused 2

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,533 posts
6,704 battles

Well steel is a tougher commodity for those of us that don't clan war...   I do get some for ranked to the point I can stand it.     So the steel is a valuable commodity to me.     Coal is rather easy to get.   But it would just take one good RNG drop to change anybody's mind on the value of that small santa gift for the Tier 10s.        

Members
864 posts

I concentrated on grinding tier 8-9 in preparation for this , still would rather have the steel for T10's though , I figure WG needs to hear opinions going forward so that's mine .

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
2,878 posts

yeah this year's reward sucks, just found out the new year combat missions, you are forced to buy Gorizia first, yeah no thanks WG

[USCG]
Members
617 posts
20,512 battles

I’d rather get 75 steel for my T8s rather than my T10s. I’ve got more of them...

Sign in to follow this