Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hercules_C130

AFK in Ranked

5 comments in this topic

[ALLY]
Members
294 posts
18,836 battles

To all:

I am not normally a complainer and I am not trying to compare stats with anyone because I will probably lose.  I was playing ranked yesterday and I had three battles where there was an AFK team mate for most if not all of the match.  In at least one of the matches it definitely cost us the game.  Not to make it sound all one sided, I was also in a battle where the enemy team had an AFK.  It definitely hurt them in the battle.  I believe that I would be hard pressed to find many people who are happy when someone is AFK in their battle much less in ranked (I could be wrong).  The thing that really made me mad was in two of the battles it was the same person.

Now to my point of the posting and hopefully someone on staff reads the thread and might actually forward something for the future in game, can we have a penalty system for AFK players in ranked matches?  I understand that it happens in randoms and coop matches, but it is not that big of a deal.  In a shortened rank season though it really detracts from the game play.  I am not stating that I would rank out because of it so please do not take it that I am saying it prevents me from that.  I just feel that I would like to go into a match knowing that everyone on my team will be there.  If they are not, there is something besides karma points that happens to them.

Now I would recommend setting something up like the team damage disciplinary system where the person is prevented from playing random battles and can only play coop for awhile if they do it too often.  Why not have something where the person is prevented from playing the remainder of that specific ranked season if they do it say twice.  I am not sure how it would be programmed, but I am thinking that if the person gets zero xp at the end of the match or they spend a certain period of time on the border of the map (I know in the one match the person spent over 17 minutes at the edge of the map not moving). Maybe you would have to include one of these criteria and being reported AFK by a team mate for the penalty to take effect.

Now this has nothing to do with the way people play the game.  I may not agree with the way people play or their strategies and I must say that I know there are people who feel the same way about my play and strategies.  This is about making sure that if you are going to play that you are going to be playing until the end of the battle or you die in the battle not leaving your team mates high and dry.

Not to sound like the Coffee Talk lady, but "Discuss"

C130 signing out

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
13,411 posts

This sounds way too harsh. There is already an afk warning and penalty system in place for all modes.

Members
601 posts
7,237 battles
14 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

You can report for AFK

A person can be AFK for a large portion of the game and WG will not penalize them, if it shows they contributed to the battle.

The report function is worthless.

[ALLY]
Members
294 posts
18,836 battles
16 hours ago, SmokinCAT said:

A person can be AFK for a large portion of the game and WG will not penalize them, if it shows they contributed to the battle.

The report function is worthless.

Reporting for AFK just lowers their karma which is worthless as shown in multiple posts.  Apparently it also only counts once even though multiple people flag you for it.

C130 signing out.

Sign in to follow this