You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Punisher_1

Gorizia - Nope

49 comments in this topic

[HOTH]
Beta Testers
75 posts
4,436 battles

Just say no.... Save your money spend it on another ship. The absolutely worst ship I ever purchased in this game . On paper, it reads like its cool but really it's soooo bad.

[WOLFX]
Members
268 posts
12,902 battles
5 minutes ago, Punisher_1 said:

Just say no.... Save your money spend it on another ship. The absolutely worst ship I ever purchased in this game . On paper, it reads like its cool but really it's soooo bad.

For what reasons? 

[-K-]
Members
8,388 posts
14,391 battles
13 minutes ago, Punisher_1 said:

If you understand the strengths and weaknesses of the Italian heavy cruisers, Gorizia should be a decently capable ship.  If you don't, you'll likely hate it just like the rest of the branch.

If you like Zara, you'll like Gorizia.  If you don't, then pass on this one.  No real surprises here.

OP also must not have ever played Yahagi to make this judgement....

Edited by Ace_04
  • Cool 1

[SQUAD]
Members
9,159 posts
11,191 battles
12 minutes ago, Punisher_1 said:

I don't understand how to play this new Italian sports car, so it's sooooo bad.

FTFY.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
597 posts
7,375 battles

It seems OK, the SAP works well. Just have to stay at 10K range or so and get some cover - when a DD gets close you have 6k Hydro which is nice. Right now the problem is MM it is all screwed up. Much easier to do the directives with it that's for sure. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
9,902 posts
8,955 battles

Its a tech tree cruiser with hydro instead of torps.  How cool was it going to be compared to the tech tree?

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,801 posts

You don't buy it for the ship.  You buy it, to earn again in the directives for free, to get your money back + the T6s and premium camos, or the credit return.

The value in these free but "buy it now" and get your doubloons back for in store credit ships, is always in the additional items.

• Cool 1

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,787 posts
11,917 battles
4 minutes ago, Steeler_Nation_USA said:

Right now the problem is MM it is all screwed up. Much easier to do the directives with it that's for sure. 

Th e changes in MM means t7 is the new t8 with T10 map matching. It's horribad for t7 ships with low stealth or low range. Many feel a fool, to believe the t7 mm paradise would last forever. Well, 1500 battles of sheer pleasure have come to an end; was almost a dream when it lasted.

40 minutes ago, KHyena said:

well they are giving it for "free" what you expect?

Puerto Rico is going for free what donu make of her? And Graf Spee was introduced free, and she's either competitive or a beast as a premium.

[SIM]
Members
5,057 posts
8,197 battles
5 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

You don't buy it for the ship.  You buy it, to earn again in the directives for free, to get your money back + the T6s and premium camos, or the credit return.

Do you get the full doubloon value for it if you complete the directives after purchasing it? They’ve been a little stingy lately, and I somehow got the impression that you either got credits or a flat 5k doubloons. 

Edited by SkaerKrow

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,801 posts
2 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Do you get the full doubloon value for it if you complete the directives after purchasing it? They’ve been a little stingy lately, and I somehow got the impression that you either got credits or a flat 5k doubloons. 

That the impression people are under and it looks that way from the store description.  There are some threads asking to confirm from WG, waiting on confirmation.

When confirmed, I will buy it and then earn my money back.

• Cool 2

[PLDN]
Supertester
2,156 posts
6,629 battles

I've played one battle in it and got 110k damage, it's a perfectly good damage support ship.

• Confused 1

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,023 battles
25 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

Puerto Rico is going for free what donu make of her? And Graf Spee was introduced free, and she's either competitive or a beast as a premium.

graf spee was terrible when they introduce

Members
156 posts
2,940 battles

On paper Gorizia sounds nice. I find Zara's torps to mostly be useless since I play at 10+km 99% of the time. There really isn't any reason to close in to a BB, and cruisers will likely dodge your snail torps if you do get into brawling distance. 

Hydro on the otherhand would be a very useful defensive tool against torps, and 6km is excellent for the rare opportunity you can sneak up on a smoked DD. I'll have to get my hands on the ship to make a better judgement, but I think I will like it.

Edited by FoolieCoolie
typo

[HOTH]
Beta Testers
75 posts
4,436 battles
20 hours ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

FTFY.

No there is no "Sports Car" aspect to this ship at all. I'ts not fast, fun or turns well. 

20 hours ago, KHyena said:

well they are giving it for "free" what you expect?

Free? How so after all the tasks are completed? The tasks seem simple enough but are really not given how annoying the ship is to play. See below

21 hours ago, wjp120 said:

For what reasons? 

I purchased this to enjoy the missions and ability to gather parts for the Puerto Rico. The cost does not equal the value of the ship at all. This ship would be best slotted at tier 5 but at tier 7 it's an absolute death trap in a random battle. I opted for Co-op which is boring bot bashing but It seems to be creeping along.   

No armor to speak of, DD at lower tiers seem to be much more durable 

Zero fun factor - I tried to find out what is fun about playing this ship, nothing, absolutely nothing. 

Ship features: 

Guns - SAP ammo is (useful-ish) but the rate of fire is too slow to simply go toe to toe with anything. AP is a joke, had opportunities to Cit other ships and well it did not happen. The 15 seconds reload rate reduces this ship to nothing more than a support role when your aircraft is ready or the enemy closes under 15.6 k it's painful, very painful. Secondaries are spicy at 5.7 km with Cpt skills but at this point, you are probably going to die soon so again, meh

Smoke - Kinda useless because it does not last long enough - how it can be used is to break contact and hide behind an island and hope for the best. Enemy ships can see you in the smoke so...pointless

Hydro- The short-range is typical but because DD's will outshoot you it is clearly using this to DD hunt is not useful, 4km torpedo detection is just enough for a dodge

Speed - Nothing super fast or fast enough to run away without a speed boost so you can kite ships at the abysmal 13.5 km range. 33 knots is nothing amazing.

Durability - LOL, angles help ...eh not really 

Detectability range - 13.5 making it easy for you to catch early anger if out in the open ocean

Best way to play this? - Placing an island between you and the enemy, timing your spotting aircraft to get off early SAP shots at the incoming fleet. You will be an island hugger for the better part of the game and will rely HEAVILY on staying with the pack or you will be easily killed. Because of the slow reload lends to a boring game where you might land 30 to 50 shots on target in a typical Co-Op game. You will not be smashing DDs solo or even other CA's simply this ship is decent at being a pain in the [edited]not only for the owner but maybe the AI/Players you shoot at, slowly, oh so very slowly. 

How to fix this POS.

The guns need to have the load time reduced to about 10 seconds, if it's not going to have torps

The smoke needs to be doubled in duration.

Add the optional speed boost rather than hydro

Add torpedoes because the guns are total - crap

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,787 posts
11,917 battles
On 12/11/2019 at 2:44 PM, KHyena said:

graf spee was terrible when they introduce

Every ship is terrible in the wrong hands and circumstance.

• Cool 2

[TORT]
Members
86 posts
3,117 battles

I have all the Italian cruisers except tier x. Gorizia is pretty good when compared to all other pasta boats. The Genova is the worst by far.

[WOLFB]
Members
988 posts
33,909 battles

Will WOWS confirm you get DAUBLOONS not credits if you buy it then get it "free" from directives?

[AK]
Members
298 posts
10,940 battles

I would be more impressed if the smoke was worth its consumable slot. But visibility in smoke at 8.3km after firing is a joke. That's over half the Gorizia's range. I'd rather have Perth's smoke.

Edited by CTMAADawson

[D33P6]
Members
222 posts
15,114 battles
On 12/11/2019 at 12:36 PM, Ace_04 said:

If you understand the strengths and weaknesses of the Italian heavy cruisers, Gorizia should be a decently capable ship.  If you don't, you'll likely hate it just like the rest of the branch.

If you like Zara, you'll like Gorizia.  If you don't, then pass on this one.  No real surprises here.

OP also must not have ever played Yahagi to make this judgement....

No, if you like Zara, you WILL NOT like Gorizia.  Worse reload, no torps.  So, same ship, but worse.  Why would you like that?  You get hydro...but I have not found that particularly useful.  You don't dare get close enough to anything to need it.  The smoke doesn't last very long, so you don't  really need it for sitting in smoke.  If you are using it to spot DDs..you will still need multiple salvos to kill them...which takes a LONG time, and you're very squishy.

Oh, and did I mention the turret traverse is abysmal?

So, the guns reload very slowly, but at least they turn even slower.

On 12/12/2019 at 2:04 PM, CTMAADawson said:

I would be more impressed if the smoke was worth its consumable slot. But visibility in smoke at 8.3km after firing is a joke. That's over half the Gorizia's range. I'd rather have Perth's smoke.

Yep.  the smoke doesn't  really serve much purpose.  Can occassionally help you escape, but not really usefull offensively, unless you are firing at range.  But even then you can only get off about 2 salvos before it's gone anyway.

Has anybody here had a really good game in it (100k+ damage)?  I've had decent games, but quite frankly it seems like a ship that is almost impossible to have a really good game in.  It just doesn't have the DPM with that reload rate...and it's too squishy.

I got it to help get the PR...and I almost wish I hadn't.  Playing it is ... painful.

[PVE]
Members
19,850 posts
12,029 battles
On 12/11/2019 at 1:23 PM, Punisher_1 said:

It's not bad in co-op and I'm a co-op main, so I found it worth it. Especially as it is getting me through the Directives really easy.

[D33P6]
Members
222 posts
15,114 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

It's not bad in co-op and I'm a co-op main, so I found it worth it. Especially as it is getting me through the Directives really easy.

How are you getting through the Directives in Coop?  Yes, some have to do with damage and hits and cits (although I found I got more of those in random, actually)...but you also have some for XP and credits...which will take forever in coop.

[WOLFX]
Members
62 posts
14,296 battles
8 minutes ago, DrunkenSailor63 said:

How are you getting through the Directives in Coop?  Yes, some have to do with damage and hits and cits (although I found I got more of those in random, actually)...but you also have some for XP and credits...which will take forever in coop.

It takes a lot more battles for XP or credits, but is more relaxing way to complete damage, kills missions. Also battles can be really short, especially these days. REALLY short, LOL