Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Spooky39

Coal ships choices.. choices....

7 comments in this topic

[MNR]
[MNR]
Members
69 posts
3,826 battles

I got a chance to get the Thunderer, Georgia, Salem, Jean Bart... which is the best and why?

[KSE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,732 posts
17,562 battles

Jean Bart - because I said so ......

I find your post well intentioned, but it shows a certain laziness on your part.   There are voluminous reviews of all 4 ships ON THIS FORUM.  Do you understand how the "search" function works?  If you have already scoured youtube for video reviews, gone through the skimpy wiki entries on some of these and read through peoples posts about the ships in the ....SHIPS section of the forum .Then you might ask a more nuanced question like "The Thunderer seems like a decent choice for a coal ship, is it still worth using HE on it even with only 8 Barrels?"  That is a little easier for the resident forumites to respond to, not the "please educate me on my life choices I am incapable of making decisions without your direct input"- turd you just dropped on us.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[ARGSY]
Members
20,616 posts
14,702 battles

You can bring Thunderer and Salem to Clan Battles and any Ranked event that requires Tier 10. Georgia and Jean Bart can't do that.

T9 premiums make more cash IIRC; T10 premiums are more affordable to run in co-op with more premium time.

What other ships do you have, and what captains do you have for those ships that would do well in whatever ship you choose to get?

FWIW:

When I had the choice of Salem or Jean Bart, I took Salem.

Then when I had the choice of Jean Bart or Georgia, I took Jean Bart.

When I had the choice of Georgia alone... I waited. Then Smolensk came along, and I got Smolensk.

I am happy with all three of the major coal ships I got so far. (I was never interested in the Yoshino.)

Now I have the choice of Thunderer or Georgia, and I'm going to get the Thunderer as soon as I have enough coal. I'm sure the Georgia is a good ship, but she has a very particular playstyle which I'm not sure I will take well to.

The choices I made worked for me because of the ships I have in my port, the grinds I still have to accomplish, and the captains I either have to retrain or want to farm Elite Commander XP from.

Your circumstances might be different, and you need to make that decision for yourself based on what you know. 

[NG-NL]
Members
6,179 posts
9,835 battles
2 hours ago, Spooky39 said:

I got a chance to get the Thunderer, Georgia, Salem, Jean Bart... which is the best and why?

Salem is good if want a consistent credit farm--and don't mind island waifu life.

I have Georgia, you basically gotta go secondary build (minus SBM3 in slot 6 and MS skill) to have fun in her.

Seen Thunderer very little, so no opinion.

Jean Bart is a great option with that MBR consumable. That gives her an edge in lighting enemy BBs or beating the snot out of a cruiser she catches broadside. Her AA is pretty good too.

Sign in to follow this