You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Illustratum_AEternam

[Question]How can so many people have USS puerto rico already!

94 comments in this topic

[AK]
Beta Testers
478 posts
13,535 battles

If you spend the 24000 doubloon you get the ship to the point where you can spend 38000(?) more doubloons and complete it.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
1 minute ago, Seloth said:

If you spend the 24000 doubloon you get the ship to the point where you can spend 38000(?) more doubloons and complete it.

62k doubloons is what? $200-250 USD? For a crappy TX Super Cruiser? Talk about more money than sense...

• Cool 18
  • Boring 1

Members
102 posts
1 minute ago, _RC1138 said:

62k doubloons is what? $200-250 USD? For a crappy TX Super Cruiser? Talk about more money than sense...

With the grind for PR, you can be confident that anyone spotted driving one has more money than sense -- even once we're well into 2020.

The grind is simply not feasible for most people who would usually grind out a ship. WG won't release the numbers, but I'm guessing we're talking single-digit percentages of PR owners will come from unassisted grinding.

Edited by Pomme_de_Terroriste
  • Cool 1

[_CIA_]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
312 posts
2,848 battles
4 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

I could sure some of that!  Money, not sense or doubloons....

• Funny 1

[AK]
Beta Testers
478 posts
13,535 battles

As I tell my clan mates. it really just depends on your disposable income and where you choose to spend it for your entertainment. I am a single father, and a gamer. For me going out and doing adult things was not an option for a long time, so spending money on a game I enjoyed was very easy. 

I do not judge how you spend your money, I judge how I spend mine.

• Cool 23
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 1

Members
2,439 posts
5,397 battles

I would take the Venezia over the new ship any day of the week. People just wasting money...lol

• Cool 2

[STW-A]
Members
831 posts
7,046 battles

I think it's probably going to be a decent ship, but it's not good enough or unique enough to warrant dropping that kind of money for.  To each his own though, if your income is such that you don't even blink at a $200 video game boat then fair enough.

Edited by Deviathan

[BNKR]
Members
1,629 posts
2,590 battles
1 minute ago, Seloth said:

As I tell my clan mates. it really just depends on your disposable income and where you choose to spend it for your entertainment. I am a single father, and a gamer. For me going out and doing adult things was not an option for a long time, so spending money on a game I enjoyed was very easy. 

I do not judge how you spend your money, I judge how I spend mine.

This is it basically. $250 doesn't have the same value to someone who makes $20,000 a year as it does to someone who makes $200,000 a year.

• Cool 5

Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

I will refer to this post every time someone states "Well, WG has to make money somehow, so of course they are going to charge for (insert really basic thing that most games allow you to do for free, that WG charges doubloons for)"

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
8 minutes ago, Benjammn79 said:

I could sure some of that!  Money, not sense or doubloons....

Your millage may vary, but the plain dollar value is not that high (respecting different economic situations) but value of purchase  is not with it. $250 USD may not be a lot of money to me, but I wouldn't buy a stick of gum that costs that much. And ~$200 for a fake TX Alaska seems like a huge waste.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,801 posts
8 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

I will refer to this post every time someone states "Well, WG has to make money somehow, so of course they are going to charge for (insert really basic thing that most games allow you to do for free, that WG charges doubloons for)"

If WG offered it for sale, and some people wanted to pay their asking price, fantastic.  Sounds like 2 happy parties.

There isn't some made up number that says a business can only make X profit.  X should be as large a number as possible.

[KREW]
Members
590 posts
13,599 battles
24 minutes ago, Seloth said:

So the next time WG claims that they don't sell T10 ships for cash, they are outright lying. You pay cash to get required doubloons which you then trade for the PR immediately. You pay cash right now, you instantly get a T10 ship.

[--K--]
[--K--]
2,441 posts
9,977 battles

This is how.  Also this is the theme song when they sail around.  You're welcome.

• Funny 1

Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles
5 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

If WG offered it for sale, and some people wanted to pay their asking price, fantastic.  Sounds like 2 happy parties.

There isn't some made up number that says a business can only make X profit.  X should be as large a number as possible.

I don't disagree that companies should make as much as possible.  However, there is a balance between gouging your customers for every nickel and dime you can (IE Comcast), and throwing them a bone every now and then to promote loyalty.  I think WG does an OK job at this - they do nickel and dime a few things but they also give away a lot of free things too.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[BB35]
Members
105 posts
19,596 battles
27 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Say thank you to those people for funding the game you play. :D

• Cool 3
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles
Just now, CaliburxZero said:

This is how.  Also this is the theme song when they sail around.  You're welcome.

And everytime they land a hit, the Super Mario Brothers coin sound is made.  The tracers are also green dollars signs ;)

[--K--]
[--K--]
2,441 posts
9,977 battles
Just now, Old_Baldy_One said:

And everytime they land a hit, the Super Mario Brothers coin sound is made.  The tracers are also green dollars signs ;)

Heh.  Not gonna lie, I would be somewhat tempted to buy the cosmetics for that if it was sold.  

• Funny 1

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
667 posts
6,518 battles

For me, at least in this instance, it's not worth it.  But then again, there are high school kids near my neighborhood that shop at Louis Vuitton.    And, I've been known to splurge a bit from time to time on really expensive stuff.  /shrug

[_CIA_]
312 posts
2,848 battles
1 hour ago, _RC1138 said:

Your millage may vary, but the plain dollar value is not that high (respecting different economic situations) but value of purchase  is not with it. $250 USD may not be a lot of money to me, but I wouldn't buy a stick of gum that costs that much. And ~$200 for a fake TX Alaska seems like a huge waste.

Oh completely agree.  I was thinking the money would help pay for the $450 car bill I have to pay in a few hours...

1 hour ago, awiggin said:

[hidden]

The amount of truth in this statement is staggering.

Members
1,651 posts
19,385 battles

Yeah but think of how good it feels to Dev strike the person who spent that much money on a ship that they most likely do not and will not ever know how to actually play correctly.