You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RagingxMarmoset

I bought twenty Mega Santa Crates so you don't have to.

38 comments in this topic

[BNKR]
Members
1,629 posts
2,590 battles

My crate RNG in this game has been pretty unbelievable. I pulled Missouri from a free santa crate last year, got 3 of the 4 black ships this on a 10 crate purchase this year, and other damn good runs. This time...not so much. Here's what I got.

10,000 doubloons 

60 Frosty Fir camouflages

37,500 coal

The rest were special signals.

I'm fine with the results. I was fine with it before I bought the crates. That said, last year I pulled a bunch of ships out of a couple crate purchases, with no luck this year. The drop rates might be much smaller, or my RNG might have finally flown out of the circle. Whatever the case, proceed with extreme caution if you buy these crates expecting a ship drop. AGAIN, DO NOT BUY IF YOU ARE NOT OKAY WITH GETTING THE LOWEST POSSIBLE PAYOUT ON EVERY CRATE.

Edited by RagingxMarmoset
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,624 posts
14,706 battles
4 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

I pulled Missouri from a free santa crate last year

Is this not the Holy Grail of WOWS?

Seriously, I would stop buying Santa crates at that point.

• Boring 2

[BNKR]
Members
1,629 posts
2,590 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I like to roll the dice a little :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,237 posts
4,119 battles

10K doubloons isn’t bad at all. People get so focused on the ships they forget most of the other stuff is good too.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[STW-A]
Members
831 posts
7,046 battles

Was hoping to snag the Benham, but no dice.  I mostly got flags, camos and a few dubs, which is fine but not anywhere close to the level that Santa crates have been in the past for me.

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

So I guess my MO for 750K FXP was a good decision years back?

• Cool 1

[TORT]
Members
86 posts
3,146 battles
12 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

My crate RNG in this game has been pretty unbelievable. I pulled Missouri from a free santa crate last year, got 3 of the 4 black ships this year on a 10 crate purchase this year, and other damn good runs. This time...not so much. Here's what I got.

10,000 doubloons 

60 Frosty Fir camouflages

37,500 coal

The rest were special signals.

I'm fine with the results. I was fine with it before I bought the crates. That said, last year I pulled a bunch of ships out of a couple crate purchases, with no luck this year. The drop rates might be much smaller, or my RNG might have finally flown out of the circle. Whatever the case, proceed with extreme caution if you buy these crates expecting a ship drop. AGAIN, DO NOT BUY IF YOU ARE NOT OKAY WITH GETTING THE LOWEST POSSIBLE PAYOUT ON EVERY CRATE.

Wish I had read this first. I bought 76 Mega Crates like an hour ago. Got 6 trash ships. Tier V or VI

Members
336 posts
6,436 battles
8 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I got Marblehead Lima from one of the 4 free ones.

How do you get 4 free crates?

[CVA16]
Members
5,436 posts
16,488 battles
2 minutes ago, jmanII said:

Since the price inflated to 1 million FXP for the Mo's baby brother Alaska...yep. I was short of 750 when they withdrew it.:Smile_sad:

[TBW]
Members
10,364 posts
17,639 battles
3 minutes ago, LCPL4ever said:

How do you get 4 free crates?

Log into game, 2 are in the Armory and 2 are where you get your crates. Click the banner and they appear. It does seem that some people are having trouble, could be a bug for some. If you can't see the banners try rebooting the game.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,954 posts
27,092 battles

I bought 10 medium ones and got by now 14 small ones for free. 15k coal, 2k gold and a camos plus flags.

Members
336 posts
6,436 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Log into game, 2 are in the Armory and 2 are where you get your crates. Click the banner and they appear. It does seem that some people are having trouble, could be a bug for some. If you can't see the banners try rebooting the game.

Thank you

[DVYJC]
Members
3,211 posts
7,120 battles
13 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Hell, I might not leave the house ever again for fear that my whole life's luck has been used up, and I'd be instantly killed by a grand piano falling out of a random cargo airplane.

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,624 posts
14,706 battles
8 minutes ago, Rectal_Ranger said:

Wish I had read this first.

Surely it's just common sense?

76 mega. Wow. Were you really that desperate to have the Forbidden 11?

[TORT]
Members
86 posts
3,146 battles
21 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Surely it's just common sense?

76 mega. Wow. Were you really that desperate to have the Forbidden 11?

I thought it was common sense that I would get at least 1 Tier VII or higher. That was my only goal as I like to play Tier VII or higher. Lesson learned. :Smile_facepalm:

[D33P6]
Beta Testers
20 posts
7,784 battles

I always buy the crates at Christmas and have great luck the last two years.  Here was my pull this year (40 mega crates)

Ships- Hill, Yahagi, Genova, Ark Royal, Viribus, and Wichita (seems like the ships went from lowest level to highest; for me anyway)

12,500 Coal (3 times)

2000 Gold (2 times)

Bunch of Camo's with mostly Frosty Fir and an assortment of flags.

That may be it for me this year.

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,583 posts
11,873 battles
52 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

10K doubloons isn’t bad at all. People get so focused on the ships they forget most of the other stuff is good too.

We will have to do this.  This is where I get my flags normally lol.

[ALWC]
Members
1,186 posts
14,311 battles

From the free santa boxes I got a marbalhead Lima, the t5 IJN cruiser and t7 IJN dd. Bought 20 and got Azuma and Fujin and a ton of coal special signals and special camo. I was happy. Best roll in a while. 

[AVW]
Members
35 posts
7,007 battles

I always found the best bang for your buck was the big container rather than the mega container. Less camos and doubloons when the appear but ship drop appeared to be the same. I wonder if that has changed this year. I won't bother buying any. I feel this year was filled with terrible premiums that I don't want and that's likely what I'll get ie (hill, yahagi, ark royal etc)

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,237 posts
4,119 battles
1 hour ago, jmanII said:

Definitely. I remember being on the fence about the (at the time) unprecedented price. But I paid up, and got the ship. I like the ship. The credit earning is ridiculous. And now the 750K FXP is cheap, that credit earning will never be seen again. Sure, it's not Stalingrad OP, but a radar Iowa isn't bad at all. I think of all my purchases in this game, that has been the best one.

Members
372 posts
10,716 battles

I posted this elsewhere, but I thought I'd repost it here. The way I see it, I'm betting WG has two sets of odds:

1. The odds of getting a premium ship, which varies for the type of Santa crate you have purchased
  2. The odds of which tier of premium ship you will get, with odds of pulling a lower tier ship as much higher than the Rares and the ship you get from this section totally random.

Since there are 86 ships, I'm betting the chance of the crate itself giving a ship at roughly 12.86% for Mega, 12.78% for Big, and 3.77% for regular Santa Crates (percentage source based on last year's event posted here.) Then there is another RNG check to determine which Tier you get, something like: 

• Unavailable Prems(11): 0.1%
  • T9 Prems (6): 1.9%
  • T8 Prems (20): 10%
  • T7 Prems (11): 13%
  • T6 Prems(15): 25% 
  • T5 Prems(13): 50%

But for every premium ship you have at a certain tier, that would increase the odds of a re-pick. Based on this assumption, if you have all the premiums, then if you pull a ship chance you will get one of the unavailable ships regardless. Heck, even if you had all the Tier V and VI ships, then the odds for getting ships becomes:

• Unavailable Prems(11): 0.4%
  • T9 Prems (6): 7.6%
  • T8 Prems (20): 40%
  • T7 Prems (11): 52%
  • Cool 1