Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shoggoth_pinup

A question on compensation

29 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,713
[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,375 posts
23,922 battles

Lately they give away credit value instead of dubloons so I'd be careful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
984
[KAPPA]
Members
3,117 posts
8,347 battles
6 hours ago, Burnsy said:

Bump, I would like to know this as well.

@Femennenly

And, as, if any mortal would know this knowledge of the gods, let's throw ask @Kizarvexis if he noticed any mention, as I swear I saw nothing.

As, seriously, getting a reply is like pulling teeth.

Also, for good measure, @Gneisenau013 could use a bump as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,032
[DVYJC]
Members
3,277 posts
7,200 battles
17 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

And, as, if any mortal would know this knowledge of the gods, let's throw ask @Kizarvexis if he noticed any mention, as I swear I saw nothing.

As, seriously, getting a reply is like pulling teeth.

Also, for good measure, @Gneisenau013 could use a bump as well.

Yes, exactly, I am holding off on this decision until we know. I saw that if you already have Gorizia, you'll get doubloon value, but that was only in the premium shop, so it's unclear whether this will apply if you buy her in the premium shop and then earn her in the directives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,927 posts
7,608 battles

I'd still wait for confirmation, but the rule has long been that if you purchased a ship with real money, you get doubloons as compensation when you get a duplicate. If you got the ship as a reward or using coal/steel, a later duplicate is compensated with credits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,055
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,842 posts

Bump.  WG can we get an answer on this?  It's a simple yes/no but we are talking about real money it's been like 10 hours now.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,055
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,842 posts
5 minutes ago, Wanturskul said:

If you already have Gorizia in your Port, you'll receive an amount in doubloons that corresponds to the cost of the ship as compensation, plus a Commander and Port slot.

 

right on the webpage

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/new-year-2020-event/

 

Screenshot_20191211-183535_Chrome.jpg

That is if you purchase the ship, and you already have the ship in your port. 

This question is about the opposite. 

Do you get the doubloons of you purchase the ship first, and then earn the ship again from the directives, later?

The answer to that question is not always, yes, you get the doubloons.  Sometimes, it is no, you get credits instead.

That is what we need to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
984
[KAPPA]
Members
3,117 posts
8,347 battles
24 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

That is if you purchase the ship, and you already have the ship in your port. 

This question is about the opposite. 

Do you get the doubloons of you purchase the ship first, and then earn the ship again from the directives, later?

The answer to that question is not always, yes, you get the doubloons.  Sometimes, it is no, you get credits instead.

That is what we need to know.

Actually, it's found in the middle of the directive section. I'm pretty sure it's referring to earning it after buying it as such.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,055
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,842 posts
8 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Actually, it's found in the middle of the directive section. I'm pretty sure it's referring to earning it after buying it as such.

I hope so, I will want confirmation before I spend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
883
[WOLFC]
Members
1,809 posts
9,862 battles

The general rule has been that if the ship is purchased from the premium shop or received from completing directives, compensation will be in doubloons. If the ship is received from a mission chain, including those from loot boxes, compensation is typically given in credits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
62
[SCOM]
Members
192 posts
9,155 battles
11 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Actually, it's found in the middle of the directive section. I'm pretty sure it's referring to earning it after buying it as such.

This.

I screenshot the wrong area.  It is right at the top of the New Year Directives section start. Sorry.

It talks about earning it as a reward then immediately after that is has the blue disclaimer about the doubloons comp.  I think they want you to buy it because of the tech tree ships you can earn with it and you can use it for the first 3 directives.  Otherwise you cant get it till the end of the 3rd directive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,581
[PVE]
Members
19,881 posts
12,085 battles
12 hours ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

If I buy Gorizia and then earn Gorizia in directive 3, will I get doubloons? Typically this is the case, but I couldn't find mention.

 

11 hours ago, Burnsy said:

Bump, I would like to know this as well.

@Femennenly

 

5 hours ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

And, as, if any mortal would know this knowledge of the gods, let's throw ask @Kizarvexis if he noticed any mention, as I swear I saw nothing.

As, seriously, getting a reply is like pulling teeth.

Also, for good measure, @Gneisenau013 could use a bump as well.

 

1 hour ago, Wanturskul said:

If you already have Gorizia in your Port, you'll receive an amount in doubloons that corresponds to the cost of the ship as compensation, plus a Commander and Port slot.

 

right on the webpage

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/new-year-2020-event/

 

Screenshot_20191211-183535_Chrome.jpg

 

1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

That is if you purchase the ship, and you already have the ship in your port. 

This question is about the opposite. 

Do you get the doubloons of you purchase the ship first, and then earn the ship again from the directives, later?

The answer to that question is not always, yes, you get the doubloons.  Sometimes, it is no, you get credits instead.

That is what we need to know.

 

If you have Gorizia, and earn it in Directive III, you get doubloons. The event article did not specify how many doubloons.

k1OU2dE.jpg

 

Also, you get Doubloons if you have Gorizia and buy a Gorizia bundle in the shop. In that case, you get an amount of doubloons based on the bundle, likely because of the other stuff in the bundle.

If you buy the $35.20 bundle and you already have this ship in your Port, you will receive 8,500 doubloons as compensation.

If you buy the $59.99 bundle and you already have this ship in your Port, you will receive 7,650 doubloons as compensation.

If you buy the $69.99 bundle and you already have this ship in your Port, you will receive 6,800 doubloons as compensation.

If you buy the $194.89 bundle and you already have this ship in your Port, you will receive 5,525 doubloons as compensation.

 

So earning Gorizia in game, should give between 5,525 & 8,500, with my guess being nearer to the higher end.

 

Now the T6 tech tree ships in the Gorizia missions only give credits if you have the T6 tech tree ship(s).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
984
[KAPPA]
Members
3,117 posts
8,347 battles
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

 

 

 

 

 

If you have Gorizia, and earn it in Directive III, you get doubloons. The event article did not specify how many doubloons.

k1OU2dE.jpg

 

Also, you get Doubloons if you have Gorizia and buy a Gorizia bundle in the shop. In that case, you get an amount of doubloons based on the bundle, likely because of the other stuff in the bundle.

If you buy the $35.20 bundle and you already have this ship in your Port, you will receive 8,500 doubloons as compensation.

If you buy the $59.99 bundle and you already have this ship in your Port, you will receive 7,650 doubloons as compensation.

If you buy the $69.99 bundle and you already have this ship in your Port, you will receive 6,800 doubloons as compensation.

If you buy the $194.89 bundle and you already have this ship in your Port, you will receive 5,525 doubloons as compensation.

 

So earning Gorizia in game, should give between 5,525 & 8,500, with my guess being nearer to the higher end.

 

Now the T6 tech tree ships in the Gorizia missions only give credits if you have the T6 tech tree ship(s).

Thanks for taking the time to help us. I'm sure I'm not the only one that appreciates it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,581
[PVE]
Members
19,881 posts
12,085 battles
1 minute ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Thanks for taking the time to help us. I'm sure I'm not the only one that appreciates it.

You are welcome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,055
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,842 posts

Heads up, I think I got Fem's attention, WG confirmed answer should be inbound.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,055
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,842 posts
Just now, Femennenly said:

Heyo!

Looks like someone else found the answer, but here it is again:

image.png

Source

Therefore, depending on which package you purchased, you will receive doubloon compensation.

Fem, 

Thanks!

@Kizarvexis

@Shoggoth_pinup

@RainbowFartingUnicorn

@MinkeWhale

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×