You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shoggoth_pinup

WG didn't think the directive requirements through...

309 comments in this topic

[KAPPA]
Members
3,115 posts
8,344 battles

Just... go look at the directive requirements. For now, have my favorite one: Earn 950,000 xp.

950,000 xp.

950,000 xp.

Edit: OHH GOD THERE'S A BIGGER ONE FOR 1.1 MILLION XP

Edited by Shoggoth_pinup
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 6

[WOLFG]
Members
9,929 posts
8,984 battles
5 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Just... go look at the directive requirements. For now, have my favorite one: Earn 950,000 xp.

950,000 xp.

950,000 xp.

If I can earn 950k xp (in like a week), wth do I need a premium ship for?

Edited by DrHolmes52
  • Cool 11

[HINON]
Members
13,392 posts

Live footage of WOWs players reacting to the directive requirements. Many Bothans died to bring us this information.

iB6Wxsy.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 10

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
6 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

950,000 xp.

950,000 xp.

Can it be completed in Ops? If so, that's nothing.

• Confused 2

[USCC]
Members
3,010 posts
13,776 battles
2 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Can it be completed in Ops? If so, that's nothing.

Pretty sure it's tier VIII only edit: Tier VIII to X only.

Edited by SpudZero

[KAPPA]
Members
3,115 posts
8,344 battles
Just now, RipNuN2 said:

Live footage of WOWs players reacting to the directive requirements. Many Bothans died to bring us this information.

iB6Wxsy.gif

Goku-vs-nappa_large.gif?v=1563676236 The reaction of people not able to log in yet.

• Funny 4

[USCC]
Members
3,010 posts
13,776 battles
2 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

And directive 7 has 4 missions asking 350k free xp of you in T8+! :D

Yep, and as a PVE only player, I may have to play a few more matches than expected....
PotableAgreeableDowitcher-size_restricted.gif.1e7063118a3d4aba18d328e8aa13928b.gif

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[7-TH]
Members
86 posts
4,637 battles

Do it a week, can you? The rest of the bad news is the first directive only has five days, the following six need to be done in four days each. I honestly don't think I can participate with those timeframes.

• Cool 4

[EULA]
Members
294 posts
896 battles

I wonder if wg devs really test out this patch with this kind of mission before release?

I dont even think even them can complete it in time 

• Cool 4

Members
156 posts
3,419 battles

That's exactly why I'm not even gonna bother. I'm gonna play the game as normal and if I get some cool loot from the containers yay. I'd rather spend time with family than spend all of my winter break grinding for a mediocre ship at best.

• Cool 21

[KAPPA]
Members
3,115 posts
8,344 battles
1 minute ago, New_Horizontal said:

I wonder if wg devs really test out this patch with this kind of mission before release?

It's that stupid Kamikaze R event all over again... 8 hour "shifts" of play time per day for a month...

Members
2,439 posts
5,397 battles
1 minute ago, MuricanClassBattleship said:

That's exactly why I'm not even gonna bother. I'm gonna play the game as normal and if I get some cool loot from the containers yay. I'd rather spend time with family than spend all of my winter break grinding for a mediocre ship at best.

Its an Alaska with 1 extra turret. Nothing ground breaking. 

[KREW]
Members
590 posts
13,599 battles

Even the destroy ships directives are really high.

And from what I see, those are some of the easy ones. But doing them in 4-5 days?  Some of us do have to work, eat, sleep, and spend time with family.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
3 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

Pretty sure it's tier VIII only edit: Tier VIII to X only.

Hmmm then that's a real pain. Whereas you can reasonably assume, with a dedicated group, 100% win rate in Narai, stacking flags and pulling your weight can easily yield 30k XP and I've even managed upwards of 50k in a single run, but when playing randoms you have to factor in ~35-45% losses where even with stacking flags and camos will likely not peak much above ~10-15k, and it is less guaranteed to always be the major player and thus your win average XP is lower, say closer to 25-30k on the higher end, 35-40k on the absolute highest. So by weighing even the 'best' possible outcome; a player with 70% Winrate, 35k average on wins, 15k on losses, you're looking at ~32 games, and that is for what is likely one of the best players in the entire world. A 50% player, assuming say, 5k max on a loss, and 20k on a win, is looking at ~76 matches. Assuming an average game match time of ~15 minutes, that translates to 19 hours of gameplay.

• Funny 2

[KAPPA]
Members
3,115 posts
8,344 battles

This isn't a grind. This is an excuse to say they didn't sell a T10 premium despite is being effectively for sale at about 100$ in doubloons...

• Cool 3

[INTEL]
Members
3,128 posts
17,110 battles
2 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Definitely made for people who have to much time on their hands. 

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
7 minutes ago, New_Horizontal said:

I'm sure in their brain it's, "Hey, we're giving away a Free TX Premium (yeah yeah whatever, it's a premium in all ways that matter), better make them WORK for it." However using my previous post's maths, 19 hours of gameplay, at the US National Minimum wage $7.25 USD per hour, translates to a cost ~$137.75 in 'work' time, which is about what a TX 'premium' costs.

Edited by _RC1138

[KAPPA]
Members
3,115 posts
8,344 battles
Just now, _RC1138 said:

Hmmm then that's a real pain. Whereas you can reasonably assume, with a dedicated group, 100% win rate in Narai, stacking flags and pulling your weight can easily yield 30k XP and I've even managed upwards of 50k in a single run, but when playing randoms you have to factor in ~35-45% losses where even with stacking flags and camos will likely not peak much above ~10-15k, and it is less guaranteed to always be the major player and thus your win average XP is lower, say closer to 25-30k on the higher end, 35-40k on the absolute highest. So by weighing even the 'best' possible outcome; a player with 70% Winrate, 35k average on wins, 15k on losses, you're looking at ~32 games, and that is for what is likely one of the best players in the entire world. A 50% player, assuming say, 5k max on a loss, and 20k on a win, is looking at ~76 matches. Assuming an average game match time of ~15 minutes, that translates to 19 hours of gameplay.

Worst part is that the 950k xp missions have T8 perma camos behind them.

Yes, that's right. Plural. The only silver lining is you can do them at the same time, but... that's 1 less mission doable to unlock the next directive if you do this.

And those 950k missions are honestly just a very nasty tip of the iceburg...

[DIRTY]
Members
22 posts
5,769 battles

I haven't been playing as much as of late, thinking that the directive and ship building would be fun way to get back in... Nope.  IMHO NO. 1 directive is asking for to much, nevermind the rest.  Good luck to those willing to try.

[EULA]
Members
294 posts
896 battles

I would accept the grind if it was one third of the requirement 

But this is beyond insanity no one should care for 

Even latest marathon in wot is much nicer than this ....

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
5 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

WG: here’s a ship you can earn for free.

but you have to have no life and a loner.

Thankfully it's for a ship that is so boring I was already planning to skip the entire event (other than Steel flakes). Not only is it a fake ship, but it's a fake Super Cruiser at T10 based on a meh Super Cruiser at T9.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2