You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ClassicLib

The PR Boosts are 6k, 8k and 10k Doubloons

29 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
3,137 posts
17,171 battles

Activation of the 1st one gets you over half way into Stage II.

image.png.6880d5315d79f2b5cdce776e3f6f0b6b.png 

image.thumb.png.99dd48859ad6b7f88522b070900bfd16.png

image.thumb.png.5346ebc59ba6d72aa5c5ec159d22839e.png

Members
102 posts

Looking through the objectives, it looks like this is going to be a case of "If you want it, just dump dubs on it up front, otherwise don't bother at all." Waiting for the numbers to finish being crunched, but given the fact that this grind looks an order of magnitude worse than anything else I've seen personally, I can't imagine they'll really matter much.

[KREW]
Members
590 posts
13,599 battles
3 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

uh, no

3 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:
aid:

shot-19_12.11_06_15.04-0396.jpg.0dc5a06b1a2c202a2eab43d8b93453f2.jpg

tenor.png

So does that mean that if you get all 3 doubloon boosts for 24,000 doubloons, they ALSO want 35,000 doubloons to complete the ship immediately?

That's $236 US dollars..... Really???

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
670 posts
6,525 battles

lolwut  srsly?  And I thought I was a whale by buying prems left, right, and center.  Well, crap.  I guess I won't be getting that new pair of suede heels this month.

Members
843 posts
4,679 battles
11 minutes ago, BattleBard149 said:

So does that mean that if you get all 3 doubloon boosts for 24,000 doubloons, they ALSO want 35,000 doubloons to complete the ship immediately?

That's $236 US dollars..... Really???

I'm pretty sure anyone who just buys the three boosts will get the ship.

If you want it NOW then 35k.

[JTF67]
Members
115 posts
5,192 battles
3 minutes ago, macktkau2 said:

35k Doubloons would cost $140. The 6k, 8k and 10k boosts, 24k Doubloons, would cost $96 with no assured chance of obtaining the ship. 

Edited by JAPridemore
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[KREW]
Members
590 posts
13,599 battles
1 minute ago, macktkau2 said:

Well, if you pay 35,000 doubloons outright to get it immediately, that's $140 US dollars.

Maybe it will be pro-rated for those who have already paid for the doubloon boasts?   I doubt it, but I think it should be.

[USCC]
Members
3,011 posts
13,776 battles
1 minute ago, BattleBard149 said:

Well, if you pay 35,000 doubloons outright to get it immediately, that's $140 US dollars.

Maybe it will be pro-rated for those who have already paid for the doubloon boasts?   I doubt it, but I think it should be.

Nope the 35k is on top of the 3 doubloon boosts. Merry Xmas! lol

• Funny 1

[KREW]
Members
590 posts
13,599 battles

Looking at the event directives, I am appalled. OMG, I have seen some tough ones before but these are absolutely outrageous. Even if I pay for all 3 doubloon boosts, I don't know that I could complete enough of the darn things to ensure getting the PR.

Just unreal.

Members
601 posts
7,237 battles
3 minutes ago, BattleBard149 said:

Looking at the event directives, I am appalled. OMG, I have seen some tough ones before but these are absolutely outrageous. Even if I pay for all 3 doubloon boosts, I don't know that I could complete enough of the darn things to ensure getting the PR.

Just unreal.

I am sure the time to complete is very limited as well.

[INTEL]
Members
1,778 posts
15,773 battles
37 minutes ago, Pomme_de_Terroriste said:

Looking through the objectives, it looks like this is going to be a case of "If you want it, just dump dubs on it up front, otherwise don't bother at all." Waiting for the numbers to finish being crunched, but given the fact that this grind looks an order of magnitude worse than anything else I've seen personally, I can't imagine they'll really matter much.

Im in no way a whale and I see no problem at all obtaining the PR... I'm not really interested in it but, wth, may as well since its just gonna come with things I do anyway.

Members
102 posts
5 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

Im in no way a whale and I see no problem at all obtaining the PR... I'm not really interested in it but, wth, may as well since its just gonna come with things I do anyway.

To get the PR (assuming you complete every objective on time beforehand), you will have to earn 1.4M free XP in the last week of the event.

That may not be a strong indicator of a whale (though given all the flags & camos required, that's debatable) but it's a pretty sure sign you're a bot.

• Funny 1

[FORM]
Members
1,675 posts
11,705 battles
1 hour ago, SmokinCAT said:

I am sure the time to complete is very limited as well.

I think it goes until Jan 12. And I think that if you buy that first 6K boost immediately, you don't need to worry at all about the final directive. There was a breakdown of what boosts & directives get you on the research (because buying the boost early, the + per hour is the bigger benefit than the big lump sum initial boost.) I can't find where that breakdown spreadsheet went though. I think the OP removed it since they changed the values from PTS. Either way, the directives (especially that last one,) do take dedicated play (and plenty of high tier ships for the last one,) but I'm 99% sure that with that first boost (granted that's 6K dubs,) most of the average players will be able to get the PR easily enough.

Is it worth the effort and cost though, that's the real question. Most opinions say it is pretty meh, since it has BB dispersion - whereas the AK has CA dispersion.

Here's "THE" thread about all the NY stuff - 

Edited by TheArc

[DVYJC]
Members
3,225 posts
7,152 battles
34 minutes ago, WXDuncan said:

Where do you guys see this buy for 35,000  doubloons? 

I think it appears after you've bought the doubloon boosts, so the total cost is actually 59,000 doubloons!

[PVE]
Members
19,851 posts
12,029 battles
51 minutes ago, TheArc said:

I think it goes until Jan 12. And I think that if you buy that first 6K boost immediately, you don't need to worry at all about the final directive. There was a breakdown of what boosts & directives get you on the research (because buying the boost early, the + per hour is the bigger benefit than the big lump sum initial boost.) I can't find where that breakdown spreadsheet went though. I think the OP removed it since they changed the values from PTS. Either way, the directives (especially that last one,) do take dedicated play (and plenty of high tier ships for the last one,) but I'm 99% sure that with that first boost (granted that's 6K dubs,) most of the average players will be able to get the PR easily enough.

Is it worth the effort and cost though, that's the real question. Most opinions say it is pretty meh, since it has BB dispersion - whereas the AK has CA dispersion.

Here's "THE" thread about all the NY stuff - 

I have not finished analyzing yet

• Cool 1

[POOII]
Members
474 posts
2,810 battles

So what is the total cost to buy it outright. 

Does this ship count as a premium ship, meaning it earns money as a t10 premium? 

[SVF]
Members
1,756 posts
2,325 battles
3 minutes ago, Slumlord_Dasboot said:

Does this ship count as a premium ship, meaning it earns money as a t10 premium? 

As far as I know, WG doesn't give T10 special ships any inbuilt credit earning bonuses.

[FORM]
Members
1,675 posts
11,705 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I have not finished analyzing yet

Thanks for the effort, I look forward to the results. "You're a better man than I am Gunga Din!"