You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Usedcarjock

What’s Your Undeniable Truth in World of Warships?

63 comments in this topic

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,304 posts
6,266 battles

RNGsus thirsts for your tears. Keep it hydrated and it MIGHT reward you.

• Funny 2

[_EASY]
Members
20 posts
10,804 battles

Go into a battle with an AA ship/DFAA/fighter there will be no CVs, but go with out them there will be two.

• Cool 12
  • Funny 5

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
4,304 posts
6,266 battles
3 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

There will always be that one individual, bottom tier, :etc_swear:ing about MM in chat. It never fails.

Even if it's single-tier match-making, even if everyone is in a tier 10, it never fails. That guy is always there complaining that match-maker exists only to screw him over.

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,322 battles

war gaming doesn't understand what customer service is and how to deliver a quality product free of gimmicks.  Their thirst for profits over customer satisfaction turns away paying customers, and the high price of entry to the game and its content stops new ones from entering the door unless drug through it by a friend. 

• Cool 5

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
4,304 posts
6,266 battles
6 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

...and the high price of entry to the game and its content stops new ones from entering the door unless drug through it by a friend. 

"Free" is a high price? Well then again, in THIS economy...

• Cool 2

[BIER]
Members
29 posts
3,430 battles
7 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Nothing is "Free". And the "free" in WoWS is getting harder and harder to actually mean anything. 

As a very experienced player who had to grind up a new account recently, it's INCREDIBLY painful to get anywhere (where the game is moderately enjoyable) without a massive investment in time, if you're doing it "free". 

Time is money, after all.

Edited by RAnybody
  • Cool 2

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,322 battles
5 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Free to slave over perhaps  --- nothing in this life is free.   One is always trading the opportunity to do something else for another.   Low tier play sucks, slow ships, slow pace...

[BIER]
Members
29 posts
3,430 battles
6 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

People who buy right to T8 do incredible harm to the game.

People who buy a Premium for ANY tier where they don't already have the equivalent silver ship of that nation/tier do the game real harm.

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,661 posts
35,293 battles

If skill set is going to be lopsided, the best-team-by-far is red.

• Cool 2

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
4,304 posts
6,266 battles
9 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

Free to slave over perhaps  --- nothing in this life is free.   One is always trading the opportunity to do something else for another.   Low tier play sucks, slow ships, slow pace...

9 minutes ago, RAnybody said:

Nothing is "Free". And the "free" in WoWS is getting harder and harder to actually mean anything. 

As a very experienced player who had to grind up a new account recently, it's INCREDIBLY painful to get anywhere (where the game is moderately enjoyable) without a massive investment in time, if you're doing it "free". 

It never ceases to amaze me how much people will gripe and moan about how terrible it is that they have to "invest so much" into and "slave over" a free-to-play game that they are under no obligation to keep playing beyond the sunk cost fallacy. There's obviously not THAT much wrong with the game if you're still playing it and new players are still coming in.

• Cool 1

[BIER]
Members
29 posts
3,430 battles
6 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

It never ceases to amaze me how much people will gripe and moan about how terrible it is that they have to "invest so much" into and "slave over" a free-to-play game that they are under no obligation to keep playing beyond the sunk cost fallacy. There's obviously not THAT much wrong with the game if you're still playing it and new players are still coming in.

It never ceases to amaze me about people who's sole reply to "there are problems with the game" is "well, don't play then". 

And yes, there is a STRONG incentive to leave now. I'm doing so after the Christmas break, and it's tied directly to the frustration level a formerly fun game now exhibits in spades.

There's also not a lot of evidence that there ARE new players coming in (and staying beyond the first couple of weeks). 

• Cool 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
4,304 posts
6,266 battles
23 minutes ago, RAnybody said:

It never ceases to amaze me about people who's sole reply to "there are problems with the game" is "well, don't play then". 

And yes, there is a STRONG incentive to leave now. I'm doing so after the Christmas break, and it's tied directly to the frustration level a formerly fun game now exhibits in spades.

There's quite a difference of scale between "the game has some problems" and "the universal truth of World of Warships is that the time and frustration required to play is too much for most people, such as me, who have stopped having fun with it", which is roughly what my original quip was aimed at.

I acknowledge the game is far from perfect and there are definitely improvements I'd like to see made, but it's still fun even if I am slowing down a bit to keep from burning out. That's why I'm still here.

A lot of people just seem to have gone past the point I was at when I put down games like WoT and Star Trek Online, and are pushing themselves to keep playing despite the game no longer being fun. I just have to look at that and wonder, why? What do you gain from it? The only thing keeping you here is yourself.

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
4,028 posts
15,650 battles
1 hour ago, Usedcarjock said:

The last hit is always a citadel. No matter how little hp remains.

Nice. 

My undeniable truth: don’t play tilted - you cannot push through. 

[FML]
Members
4,028 posts
15,650 battles
1 hour ago, Trp_81 said:

Go into a battle with an AA ship/DFAA/fighter there will be no CVs, but go with out them there will be two.

Got to agree with this too...

[EULA]
Members
294 posts
896 battles
39 minutes ago, RAnybody said:

Then what is your suggestion to make game "enjoyable" 

You are not going to have yamato within 1 week after create account nor gain access to everything within short duration of time

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

This game has never been well balanced and the same nostalgia for 'ye ol'de times' is just as [edited] here as it is elsewhere.

[EULA]
Members
294 posts
896 battles
1 minute ago, _RC1138 said:

This game has never been well balanced and the same nostalgia for 'ye ol'de times' is just as [edited] here as it is elsewhere.

Id say wg doesnt have enough capacity to balance things out and made it harder as more contents come up