Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Aaron_S_Merrill

A friendly tip

7 comments in this topic

[BOTO]
Members
1,299 posts
15,745 battles

Just thought I'd offer a friendly tip because I recently discovered some sub-optimal ship/captain builds I have.

There is a recent thread concerning captain builds for Buffalo; I posted mine and then looked at it and realized it was an old build from several patches ago using the MFAA captain skill back when it actually was useful.  I've since changed my captain build to one that's much better.

Flamu recently posted a video of him playing the Zao.  As I watched it I realized that I've never gotten the tight dispersion that he was getting in the video and he pointed out as one of the strengths of the Zao. After seeing his ship and captain build at the end, I too a look at my Zao and realized why mine didn't perform as well as his:

1. I could have sworn that I had the legendary mod for it and I don't. 

2. I was using MBM2 in Slot 3 instead of ASM1.

So no legendary mod and no ASM1 meant my dispersion was pretty crappy. I switched to ASM1 and am now grinding for the legendary mod.  I've played a few games since the change and have been doing much better. These aren't monster numbers but they're pretty solid and significantly better than my average. So take a little bit of time and look at your builds, you just might find something worth changing!

zao.JPG

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles

I've recently taken a look at my cruisers.  Decided that my play has advanced to the point where I'm no longer satisfied spending 10 points on just CE when there are, IMO, better lower-tier skills suited for cruisers at a lower price.  Especially EM, DE, AR, and BFT + AFT to help deal with airplanes in the ships that have worthwhile AA defenses.

[PVE]
Members
6,518 posts
22,432 battles
10 minutes ago, throwawayforumalt said:

yeh but my clan never has 6 people on at one time so i didn't get free respec and i'm not spending a .01 gold

I think the reason your clan doesn't have 6 people on is because you don't seem to have a clan.

[PVE]
Members
6,518 posts
22,432 battles
7 minutes ago, throwawayforumalt said:

no that's not it

BTW...you can use elite commander XP to respec.

[Y0L0W]
Members
536 posts
17,427 battles
2 hours ago, throwawayforumalt said:

yeh but my clan never has 6 people on at one time so i didn't get free respec and i'm not spending a .01 gold

throw away forum alt? Sounds trolly.

Sign in to follow this