Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Looxgood

Chat Ban

27 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

108
[RS]
Beta Testers
19 posts
5,554 battles

Ok, I dropped F* bombs on chats and got banned...first it was 3 days...then 1 week...now its 10 days.  

But other players drop f bombs without any issue - something WG chatbots are sensitive to?  

 

I will continue to drop f bombs as long as there is this [edited]chat options - got a problem?  I'm in California and in accordance with the law here, any public or private domain that users are allowed on shall bear no limit in terms of using the expression - thanks to idiotic lawyers and moronic lawmakers.  Enjoying my ban for 3 more days... :/  

 

 

 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,927 posts
7,608 battles

Players of all ages play the game, and WG has every right to enforce standards on language/content in their chat. Hopefully you'll keep it up so your ban will extend ever longer, eventually permanent. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,002
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,806 posts
5 minutes ago, Looxgood said:

Ok, I dropped F* bombs on chats and got banned...first it was 3 days...then 1 week...now its 10 days.  

But other players drop f bombs without any issue - something WG chatbots are sensitive to?  

 

I will continue to drop f bombs as long as there is this [edited]chat options - got a problem?  I'm in California and in accordance with the law here, any public or private domain that users are allowed on shall bear no limit in terms of using the expression - thanks to idiotic lawyers and moronic lawmakers.  Enjoying my ban for 3 more days... :/  

 

 

 

That state that you are in has no bearing on other people's private property of another.  As a California resident, you can't magically say something in a video game, that I am forbidden to say, as a resident of a different state.

Eventually, if you are chat banned enough, WG's policy says that they will make it permanent.

We all make our own choices in life.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
108
[RS]
Beta Testers
19 posts
5,554 battles

I just may do that. I will continue to drop f bombs till i get p ban.  then i will buy $5 worth of ship and get unban.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,002
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,806 posts
Just now, Looxgood said:

I just may do that. I will continue to drop f bombs till i get p ban.  then i will buy $5 worth of ship and get unban.  

WG sells a LOT of stuff.  Unbans are not one of them.

Anyway, good luck in your endeavor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,050
[WORX]
Members
11,134 posts
18,750 battles
8 minutes ago, Looxgood said:

I will continue to drop f bombs as long as there is this [edited]chat options - got a problem?  I'm in California and in accordance with the law here, any public or private domain that users are allowed on shall bear no limit in terms of using the expression - thanks to idiotic lawyers and moronic lawmakers.  Enjoying my ban for 3 more days... :/  

Um, ok... Um... According to the FCC which regulates any transmitted communication, (TV, Radio, Internet) foul language has been regulated for years...

There is only one remedy in order to get your civil liberties back...Your state must Recede from the union.

 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,942
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,658 posts
14,285 battles

First delete the text of your post, it is against the forum rules.

Second contact a mod or someone from WG to have them delete the post or thread.

On the penalties if you keep it up you will be banned from the game. It is past time that you learned that you shouldn't swear in chat. Instead use alternate words, fudge, son of a bee, etc if you really feel you need to vent.

Just now, Navalpride33 said:

Um, ok... Um... According to the FCC which regulates any transmitted communication, (TV, Radio, Internet) foul language has been regulated for years...

There is only one remedy in order to get your civil liberties back...Your state must Recede from the union.

 

We are on private property and have to follow the rules of the owner which in this case is WG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
108
[RS]
Beta Testers
19 posts
5,554 battles

When was California ever a part of the union...we have pretty much handed over this state to mexico

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
803
[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,684 posts

Im in the midst of a 10 day chat ban myself.

did I swear, yes. I own that.

But what boggles my goat is how my two whole bad words = a 10 day ban, and it was in response to a person who used a good ten minutes of 'dead game time' to spam insults and swearing and so forth in captials in chat and later in a PM, and yet I saw the same person in game yesterday and he was unbanned and I was.

Not to mention the 'gentleperson' in QNA chat a few days ago who spent the best part of two hours copy pasting the same swear / insult directed at WG probably THOUSANDS of times, and yet their auto swearbear detection software didnt ping any of it?!

Shall we open the can of elephants that is how often certain of their chosen CC representatives swear whilst advertising their position and game in various media.

Is it actually a bad word ban, or is the 'report chat misuse' the new 'doesnt go where I want them to and I know report for bad play does nothing' triggering these bans and thus it being inevitable that permabans will ensue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,087
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,364 posts
19,549 battles
25 minutes ago, Looxgood said:

But other players drop f bombs without any issue - something WG chatbots are sensitive to?

YOU have been ratted out my friend. Someone in a game with you told on you and they looked at his replay and banned you. Snitchy the Sea-Nark strikes again!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,490
[WOLFD]
Members
3,365 posts
3,902 battles
28 minutes ago, Looxgood said:

Ok, I dropped F* bombs on chats and got banned...first it was 3 days...then 1 week...now its 10 days.  

But other players drop f bombs without any issue - something WG chatbots are sensitive to?  

 

I will continue to drop f bombs as long as there is this [edited]chat options - got a problem?  I'm in California and in accordance with the law here, any public or private domain that users are allowed on shall bear no limit in terms of using the expression - thanks to idiotic lawyers and moronic lawmakers.  Enjoying my ban for 3 more days... :/  

 

 

 

My 10 year old doesn't need to see your temper tantrums, thanks. Keep it up, hopefully it becomes permanent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,311
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,188 posts
 
 
 
 
2
32 minutes ago, Looxgood said:

Ok, I dropped F* bombs on chats and got banned...first it was 3 days...then 1 week...now its 10 days.  

But other players drop f bombs without any issue - something WG chatbots are sensitive to?  

 

I will continue to drop f bombs

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,490
[WOLFD]
Members
3,365 posts
3,902 battles
4 minutes ago, arch4random said:

alot of people died for your right to freedom of speech

Funny story. "Freedom Of Speech", in the context people try to apply it to internet forums, only dictates that the US government can't decided what you can or cannot say.

Last time I checked, WG isn't part of the US government.

Edited by Harathan
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
332
[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
1,016 posts
12,384 battles
18 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

There is only one remedy in order to get your civil liberties back...Your state must Recede from the union.

"  I wish I was in Dixie, hooray, hooray...'. Lol.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,102
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,597 posts
16,379 battles

Well I am relieved that you are sorry and will try to act and chat with more decorum. Help make WOWS less toxic. 

Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,311
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,188 posts
7 minutes ago, Harathan said:

Funny story. "Freedom Of Speech", in the context people try to apply it to internet forums, only dictates that the US Government can't decided what you can or cannot say.

Last time I checked, WG isn't part of the US government.

Flipping off a police officer has been deemed protected free speech because the police are representatives of the government. However, Constitutional rights have limitations. Flipping off a private individual can be construed as harassment. Flipping off a judge in court can get you thrown in jail for 90 days for contempt of court if your action is deemed disruptive to the judicial process. 

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
332
[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
1,016 posts
12,384 battles
5 minutes ago, reamnaval said:

So we're going to re-fight the War of Southern Treason to Expand Slavery?

Did you  miss  the  'Lol' bit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
477 posts
8,281 battles

I get chat banned all the time.  Heck when I get home from work today I am probably already banned for my run this morning.  

If some child wants to act like a sailor they can handle listening to other people swear like sailors.  In fact, I think WG should consider lifting the chat filters for a more realistic gameplay experience. :cap_rambo:

If people are being retarded and they are on my team by other than my choice...they deserve it.  I have to put up with their terrible game play they get my terrible language.

“Hey guys...I see what you are doing there but don’t all go to C.”

Don’t even get me started on CV’s and these GD rocket planes...

 

Edited by LastSamurai714
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,021
[DPG]
Members
1,953 posts
9,884 battles
38 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Um, ok... Um... According to the FCC which regulates any transmitted communication, (TV, Radio, Internet) foul language has been regulated for years...

There is only one remedy in order to get your civil liberties back...Your state must Recede from the union.

 

Let's hope that their state has enough Rogaine for that.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,942
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,658 posts
14,285 battles
45 minutes ago, Dareios said:

Im in the midst of a 10 day chat ban myself.

did I swear, yes. I own that.

But what boggles my goat is how my two whole bad words = a 10 day ban, and it was in response to a person who used a good ten minutes of 'dead game time' to spam insults and swearing and so forth in captials in chat and later in a PM, and yet I saw the same person in game yesterday and he was unbanned and I was.

Not to mention the 'gentleperson' in QNA chat a few days ago who spent the best part of two hours copy pasting the same swear / insult directed at WG probably THOUSANDS of times, and yet their auto swearbear detection software didnt ping any of it?!

Shall we open the can of elephants that is how often certain of their chosen CC representatives swear whilst advertising their position and game in various media.

Is it actually a bad word ban, or is the 'report chat misuse' the new 'doesnt go where I want them to and I know report for bad play does nothing' triggering these bans and thus it being inevitable that permabans will ensue?

It isn't just that instance that decides your ban. Even the very first requires enough an unknown number, chat ban reports over several matches, once again an unknown number, to go into effect. For later and longer bans it takes a human looking at your chat record to decide if it should go through or not. Maybe you should consider just not saying anything is something you should consider.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×