Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
wolfman757

Glitch or Hack?

18 comments in this topic

Members
147 posts
732 battles

was just in a 4 vs 4 battle we had 1 battleship the enemy had 4 battle ships, and yet one of the enemy battleships fired three torpedoes and sank me

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,059 posts
11,740 battles
6 minutes ago, wolfman757 said:

was just in a 4 vs 4 battle we had 1 battleship the enemy had 4 battle ships, and yet one of the enemy battleships fired three torpedoes and sank me

3 torps? that was either the Scharnhorst or the Gneisenau, and maybe the Kii? the Scharn and Gneis i know for sure have 3 torps per side

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
3,001 posts
15,754 battles

Can you go to your World of Warship folder where you install the game, open it, look for a sub folder name "replay", open it, look for the replay of the battle you described and post it here for us to see

We can tell you what happen

[POP]
Members
4,445 posts
11,564 battles

Some battleships (Gneisenau, Scharnhorst, Tirpitz, Mutsu, Kii, and the WIP German t8 battleship Odin) have torpedoes. The smaller team sizes (and therefore the battleship imbalance) is probably a result of the protected matchmaking you're likely still in with only 100 battles since the matchmaker has to make teams from what's in the queue.

Edit: If it was only 3 torpedoes, it's either Scharnhorst, Gneisenau, or Kii like tcbaker said (and based on your player profile with your highest tier being t5, Kii would be out as a t8). The rest are either 4 per launcher (Tirpitz and Odin) or two singles on each side (Mutsu).

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

1 - Some battleships have torpedoes.  Tirpitz, Kii, Scharnhorst, Gneisenau off the top of my head.

2 - a 4v4 battle is likely due to a few ships waiting in the queue for 5 minutes.  When this happens, everyone is just dumped into a match and the matchmaking rules go out the window.  You can get very weird results from this.

No, there are no glitches or hacks involved.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,059 posts
11,740 battles
Just now, Kapitan_Wuff said:

A few BB have torps. Pretty sure the only ones that can fire three on one side are Gnies, Scharn, and Tirptz.

i think Tirpitz has 4 per side

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,801 posts

Why is it the default that if something happens in this game that someone hasn't seen before, that it must be a that something is broken?

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[SYN]
Members
8,236 posts
13,957 battles
3 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

i think Tirpitz has 4 per side

You might be right, I am to busy giggling with joy as I torp Reds from my BB to actually count how many there are.

[POP]
Members
4,445 posts
11,564 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

Why is it the default that if something happens in this game that someone hasn't seen before, that it must be a that something is broken?

Because people automatically assume they know what something is supposed to be and don't want to admit that someone could know more or be better at something?

Although based on wolfman's profile, his highest tier ship right now is t5 so it's understandable that he may have assumed that no battleships have torps based on the ships he's played so far.

[PVE]
Members
19,850 posts
12,029 battles
37 minutes ago, wolfman757 said:

Having uneven battleships is not normal. The MM is supposed to have equal numbers of ship type/tiers on each side. If you could get the replay @ObiphanKenobi mentioned that would really help.

Matchmaking  https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics_(WoWS)

27 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Some battleships (Gneisenau, Scharnhorst, Tirpitz, Mutsu, Kii, and the WIP German t8 battleship Odin) have torpedoes. The smaller team sizes (and therefore the battleship imbalance) is probably a result of the protected matchmaking you're likely still in with only 100 battles since the matchmaker has to make teams from what's in the queue.

Edit: If it was only 3 torpedoes, it's either Scharnhorst, Gneisenau, or Kii like tcbaker said (and based on your player profile with your highest tier being t5, Kii would be out as a t8). The rest are either 4 per launcher (Tirpitz and Odin) or two singles on each side (Mutsu).

He was out of protected MM once he hit 70 battles. Protected MM is only from Account level 1 through Account level 10 and if you stay T4 and below AND if there are enough other newbies to make a game.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Account_Level

Beta Testers
3,147 posts
26,150 battles
1 hour ago, wolfman757 said:

hehehehehehe

[RKLES]
Members
12,554 posts
14,283 battles
1 hour ago, tcbaker777 said:

3 torps? that was either the Scharnhorst or the Gneisenau, and maybe the Kii? the Scharn and Gneis i know for sure have 3 torps per side

Could have also of been a Tirpitz, or maybe Mutsu  which the later is possible if the torpedoes were miscounted.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,361 posts
19,543 battles

yet one of the enemy battleships fired three torpedoes and sank me

Was it German or an IJN?

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
242 posts
4,422 battles
1 hour ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

A few BB have torps. Pretty sure the only ones that can fire three on one side are Gnies, Scharn, and Tirptz.

i would wager it was scharn as his highest tier is 5 so i would assume he didnt get dragged into a t8 some how

[WOLFG]
Members
29,533 posts
8,665 battles

ok so some battle ships had torpedo.......I can accept that

Basically, the ones to worry about are Gneisenau and Scharnhorst, (as well as Tirpitz once you get to T6 and get in T8 battles) the rest are pretty rare to run into.

Just stay more than 6km away and you'll be fine. If you want to get closer, (which I don't recommend, they're often specced for secondaries and dangerous at close range) try to hang out at just under 6km to bait his torps, and turn out as soon as you see them.

Sign in to follow this