Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_LreZfNvihoej

WG. Stop trolling with resupply checkbox!

6 comments in this topic

Members
652 posts

This is happening not the first, not the second time and not just with me, but with lots and lots of people. You _always_ turn on "Resupply using in-game currency" checkbox and start funneling doubloons from account. 

STOP IT! STOP TROLLING!

Spoiler

image.png.5a81c78670e3993a117c9ca7ad47c5a4.png

You can't pretend to be civilized and keep robbing people.

Edited by anonym_LreZfNvihoej

Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

I don't recall the button every having changed itself but it can happen.  Not sure about your stance on Mods, but in the official modstation, there is a mod that changes everything to credits (if possible).  Think it's called Stingy by Default.  Not sure if it works on camos (which is the only thing that can be auto resupplied for doubloons).

It is annoying though when it happens.  I can't really think of anyone....even whales....who would waste 125 doubloons (or any doubloons) for a 1 time use camo).

0 posts

They acknowledge this but refuse to remove. Once you given doubloon camo and selected to auto-renew it: it automatically turns on Resupply. My position on this is simple - I like this game, but since they behave in this uncivilized manner, - they won't see a single cent from me (plus I already sent some 3-4 digit number at them, but no more)

0 posts

and this happened again....

imagine you go to the grocery store and they subscribe you on the food you buying... in a week you getting shipment and money withdrawn from your card. and you cannot dispute that, because there was small-print in the receipt (everything you buy will become subscription unless you cancel)....

how fast this store will be contacted by BBB? how long they will stay in business? how many stars (if any) he'd get on Yelp?

why WG can do this with people without consequence? (well there's consequence - a lot of people stopped buying anything from WG)

Members
102 posts

There's a "stingy" mod that disables this behavior. Turning on auto-renew will not check the checkbox. I highly recommend installing it -- it was one of the first mods I installed just to help prevent an accidental slip-up by missing that very box.

Though you're absolutely right, it should not auto-check when you turn on auto-renew camo. It's scummy AF behavior. No option that uses a resource that cannot be generated in-game at or over the rate the option would consume it should ever be selected by default. Given that you cannot earn doubloons and that they are essentially the "real world money" currency of the game, having an option that uses it enable by default on a common operation is very bad form and comes across as WG trying to nickle-and-dime users who don't watch WG like a hawk.

Edited by Pomme_de_Terroriste

Sign in to follow this