You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DevilD0g

Time to buff the Cossack DD The smoke is Garbage

35 comments in this topic

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
627 posts
9,204 battles

Yes its time to buff the cossack DD.

How ?  The smoke timer is GARBAGE,   10 sec to put out smoke and a smoke time of 40 seconds.  Sure it reloads in 60 seconds  but if your going at speed and you put your smoke out you end up poking out the end and take damage. We all cant be going slow in a perfect world.

The cossack has the third worst health pool of any DD in the game so in that instance it needs more protection.

Everyone tell me what can you do in smoke in 40 seconds other then launch torps and run.   You cant fire long enough to sustain any real damage and on the off chance you get a fire going on target and for t hose like me sometimes to go back into stealth before  you leave you really dont get time to do that as  your wasting smoke time. 

Its limiting the effectiveness of the DD and takes it out of the battle reducing it to a scouting DD that fires torps and can do some gun damage maybe, not as much as other dd of the tier.

The Cossack guns reload half a second slower than the british lightening DD of the same tier and its a premium.. All the more reason to buff it as your paying real money for this baby.

I cant say I know the smoke timer for russian DD minsk or ognovoi but the Cossack smoke  must be worse than that !!!

I thought this was going to be a good DD but its a severe disappointment and needs to go back to port for a rework.

• Funny 3
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 5

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,617 posts
14,196 battles

RN smoke is more designed for turning away from someone and running away

• Cool 2

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,862 posts
21,762 battles

Use the smoke to go quiet and disengage. That's what it's for.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,723 posts
5,094 battles
15 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

How ?  The smoke timer is GARBAGE,   10 sec to put out smoke and a smoke time of 40 seconds.  Sure it reloads in 60 seconds  but if your going at speed and you put your smoke out you end up poking out the end and take damage. We all cant be going slow in a perfect world.

The cossack has the third worst health pool of any DD in the game so in that instance it needs more protection.

Everyone tell me what can you do in smoke in 40 seconds other then launch torps and run.   You cant fire long enough to sustain any real damage and on the off chance you get a fire going on target and for t hose like me sometimes to go back into stealth before  you leave you really dont get time to do that as  your wasting smoke time. 

Its limiting the effectiveness of the DD and takes it out of the battle reducing it to a scouting DD that fires torps and can do some gun damage maybe, not as much as other dd of the tier.

The Cossack guns reload half a second slower than the british lightening DD of the same tier and its a premium.. All the more reason to buff it as your paying real money for this baby.

I cant say I know the smoke timer for russian DD minsk or ognovoi but the Cossack smoke  must be worse than that !!!

I thought this was going to be a good DD but its a severe disappointment and needs to go back to port for a rework.

Erm, Cossack is one of the strongest Tier VIII DDs.  I'd suggest you work on learning to use the strengths of the ship rather than asking for buffs that aren't going to happen.

• Cool 7

[DPG]
Members
1,951 posts
9,874 battles

Cossack is amazing!  The smoke is a definite plus.  Cossack is great for spotting, contesting caps and forcing out other dds.  The guns are punchy against dds.  With ifhe you can also punch above your weight class.  The speed boost and quick reloading torps make ships charging your smoke easy prey.  I love the ship.  Not to toot my own horn, but I'm pretty good with it too.  

Worry less about racking up huge damage numbers and focus more on being a team player and you will be rewarded.  

• Cool 2

Members
1,724 posts
11,329 battles

The RN DD smoke is fantastic.  It is always ready when you need it, it is great for quickly dropping off detection(especially now with the changes to detection timers), and its nice for those quick pop and squats to farm an enemy and set a fire or 2 before leaving to dodge possible torps/radar. 

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
627 posts
9,204 battles

so its more about play style and how  you  use it then,

I will try to readjust to that

• Cool 3

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles

Cossack is a great boat and one of the best t8 DDs. The British smoke is great and lasts just long enough to be useful without rooting you down in one spot for too long, blocking your teams vision for too long, or letting the other team steal it. You have some of the best concealment in the MMing bracket, your torps reload fast and are the ones the British t10 has, AND YOU HAVE SPEED BOOST WHILE MAINTAINING SPECIAL BRITISH AGILITY making you one of the most maneuverable ships in the game.

Members
326 posts
20 battles
53 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

What are you talking about?  Cossack is one of the strongest T8 DD's, it's an absolutely fantastic ship.  One of it's huge strengths is it's smoke, which I for one would happily take on just about every DD in the game if I was given the option.

[HRVAT]
Members
1,674 posts
12,519 battles
56 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

Speak like a person who sit in smoke and shoot and always get torpedo because refuse to leave smoke.

Members
1,660 posts
55 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

Sure it reloads in 60 seconds  but if your going at speed and you put your smoke out you end up poking out the end and take damage.

This is true if all DD smoke.

The only smoke you can use at speed is the Exhaust Smoke on the Italian cruisers.

The Creeping smoke used by various DDs and Cruisers is juat that, creeping.  Regular smoke will leave you poking out the front as well if you're travelling too fast when you deploy it.

[STURM]
Members
57 posts
10,723 battles

Others have mostly covered the important bits, but if you still really want a buffed Cossack the answer is pretty simple.

Just buy a Haida.

:cap_tea:

• Funny 2

[DPG]
Supertester
656 posts
16,209 battles

The RN smoke is excellent in my opinion - the quick cycles mean you can counter a CV better - hit and run better ... sometimes you need to lay the smoke at full speed and turn to place the smoke between you and the enemy, if in a big hurry- break line of sight and you are dark... others you have more time to slow a little first then lay the smoke - and rain fire ... 

Takes some practice, but a lot of fun and works well as is - no change required! 

[GRAVE]
Members
1,293 posts
18,988 battles
1 hour ago, DevilD0g said:

How ?  The smoke timer is GARBAGE,   10 sec to put out smoke and a smoke time of 40 seconds. 

Smoke on demand, great for getting out of tight spots or stacking fires on ships with no dam con.

18k health with SE is about as much as T2 cruisers, try again.

it is the second stealthiest T8 DD and only beaten on DPM by Akizuki and the French with their reload boosters active, the guns are more than great for gun duels with other DDs.

A: Cossack's guns are older variants of British 120mm guns. B: Cossack has 8 guns, not 6, and the DPM is almost the same.

or is it that the captain needs to go back to port for a rework? I think I know the answer.

[SALVO]
Members
25,016 posts
26,350 battles
1 hour ago, Jagdpanzer131 said:

The smoke is designed to help you run away, not for you to camp in it. 

You can stop in RN smoke and pop off a small number of volleys.  But in general, it really is a defensive smoke designed to all you to disengage from the enemy, rather than an offensive smoke designed for long term smoke shooting.

[RST]
[RST]
Beta Testers
146 posts
8,892 battles

so its more about play style and how  you  use it then,

I will try to readjust to that

^^^^This - I have my first 19 pt captain in it a lot and the 5.5km detection trolls the enemy team the entire time. I slightly worry against Kagero's 5.4km but I've got 8 guns rapid firing and they run away.  I sometimes think it's OP but the smoke and scoot is the key to success.  You'll be amazed on how much spotting damage you rack up.

My other only concern is facing French DD's at T8 or higher as they have that firing boost that can outshoot me if I'm not careful. I tend to stay away from them unless I have fire support. With time, you'll get the feel of her.

[SCOM]
Members
190 posts
9,126 battles

The only thing I dont like on the Cossack is the torp angles.

The smoke is great the way it is, as others have already said.

• Cool 1

[WOLFX]
Members
268 posts
12,902 battles
5 hours ago, DevilD0g said:

Are you using the premium smoke consumable that costs credits? It makes a huge difference. I've enjoyed the British DD line much more since I started using that in every PvP Random game with them.

[LSNB]
Members
1,605 posts
4,443 battles
2 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Cossack is great. 

And the best $1 purchase I ever made in this game.

How was the Cossack grind?

[DPG]
Members
1,951 posts
9,874 battles
30 minutes ago, destawaits said:

How was the Cossack grind?

Painful because it was the first major event they did and lasted several months.  However, totes worth it in the end.