You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BattleBard149

Just got my third 19 point captain!!!

17 comments in this topic

[KREW]
Members
590 posts
13,599 battles

Ahoy mates,

Well, my first 19 point captain was on the Hindenburg, and I got him back on September 2. It took me 13 months from the time I started playing to get him (mostly coop). The second one, on my Montana, only took me 3 months. I'm hoping to get the next even faster, as many of you said that it would snowball, and it seems to be doing it. Next, I'm leveling Halsey, who I recently got, and who I have on my Alaska and anything else I can put him on to get bonus points. He'll be going on my Puerto Rico as soon as I get it.

Just wanted to share my little milestone.    :cap_horn:

Fair Seas

• Cool 5

[WOLFC]
Members
2,912 posts
16,694 battles
4 minutes ago, BattleBard149 said:

Ahoy mates,

Well, my first 19 point captain was on the Hindenburg, and I got him back on September 2. It took me 13 months from the time I started playing to get him (mostly coop). The second one, on my Montana, only took me 3 months. I'm hoping to get the next even faster, as many of you said that it would snowball, and it seems to be doing it. Next, I'm leveling Halsey, who I recently got, and who I have on my Alaska and anything else I can put him on to get bonus points. He'll be going on my Puerto Rico as soon as I get it.

Fair Seas

Congratulations!  :Smile_medal:  You're moving faster than me ... my 2nd one took 4 months, and 3 months on the 3rd.  Only faster from here on (I'm told).  

[CLOVR]
Members
7 posts
2,690 battles

damn i've been playing on and off for a few years and my highest point captain is still only 13 points

how do you do such a thing

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,107 posts

15 minutes ago, BattleBard149 said:

The second one, on my Montana, only took me 3 months. I'm hoping to get the next even faster,

Pretty soon the 19-point commanders will start rolling in because a 19-pointer in a high-tier ship that you like to play and are good with will make you a lot of elite commander XP.

[KREW]
Members
590 posts
13,599 battles

Thanx mates,

How do I do such a thing?   Well, even though I work a lot, I play this game a lot... probably too much..  lol. But it is my main hobby, and since my wife is also an avid online gamer, it fits our lifestyles well. With our heavy work schedules and not unlimited income, I spend more time and money on WOWS than anything except work and sleep.

Fair Seas

[WOLF2]
Members
1,634 posts
11,296 battles

Pretty much "the snowball effect".    Take those two 19pt skippers and play them daily (or at least for a first win).   Then, plop 'em in your premiums to keep the first win bonus going (don't forget to plop 'em in premiums that work with Scenarios - load up the flags on missions like Narai and run up the CdrXP).

I did that in 2018 and went from my first 19pt skipper to 12 of them.    A caveat:   Once you get a few (5+), you can easily find yourself only grinding skippers (five first wins + ?? number for your premiums).  Yep, you can bank a lot of commander XP, but may not have time to do missions, directives, etc.    I refocused on the content and grinding lines and only gained 7 19pt skippers in 2019 (I may hit 8 if I grind).    

But a big congratulations on getting another 19 pointer.   Each and every one builds to even more.   Great job!!

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,783 posts
32 minutes ago, BattleBard149 said:

Ahoy mates,

Fair Seas

:Smile_honoring:

Congrats.

1 minute ago, DiddleDum said:

Pretty much "the snowball effect".    Take those two 19pt skippers and play them daily (or at least for a first win).   Then, plop 'em in your premiums to keep the first win bonus going (don't forget to plop 'em in premiums that work with Scenarios - load up the flags on missions like Narai and run up the CdrXP).

I did that in 2018 and went from my first 19pt skipper to 12 of them.    A caveat:   Once you get a few (5+), you can easily find yourself only grinding skippers (five first wins + ?? number for your premiums).  Yep, you can bank a lot of commander XP, but may not have time to do missions, directives, etc.    I refocused on the content and grinding lines and only gained 7 19pt skippers in 2019 (I may hit 8 if I grind).    

But a big congratulations on getting another 19 pointer.   Each and every one builds to even more.   Great job!!

My first 19 pt was my Gneisenau captain, and he gets a rotation through his ship, Scharnhorst, Tirpitz, and the Tirpitz B every time I play.  The Elite Capt XP builds up fast.

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,865 posts
21,790 battles

Congrats on the achievement!

I've got 54 in port with enough captain XP to create 2 more right now. Just can't decide which captains to promote.

It will snowball fast. I used the Narai scenario with my CL and all the captain XP flags I can fly to hurry it along. You can churn 30k captain XP with each battle, easy. It does take right at 1.6 million XP to go to 19 points from 10 points.

Good luck with the grind!

[SYN]
Members
1,250 posts
10,458 battles
1 hour ago, BattleBard149 said:

Just wanted to share my little milestone

Congrats... I have Halsey leveled, its US Ovechkin that seems like forever. He's 200,000 commander xp from 19 on my Gearing.  If only my Gearing were as fun as my Shima. 

He could be there, but I have focused on getting Von Jutland to 17 to have an alternate Z-52 commander.

[-TNT-]
Members
948 posts
20,116 battles

Nice!!! I'm working on my 9th 19-pointer. Once your 19-pointers placed in DDs, Cls etc.  You can rotate through plus 50% XP or 100% XP on tech ships and premium ships to grind allot of Elite Cmdr XP.  I'm grinding for 1.5 Mil Elite XP for Nikolay Kuznetsov to place him on the Khaba.  

Edited by Kestrel_Falcon

[SYN]
Members
1,250 posts
10,458 battles

How about those flags in the HSF missions. I scored 300 Zulu Hotel flags for missions.  Wish I had Yamato for another 100.

[KREW]
Members
590 posts
13,599 battles

Ahoy Mates,

I just got my 3rd 19 point captain tonight. :Smile-_tongue:   Boy those scenarios really help! I have one USA BB captain, one UK BB captain, and one KM cruiser captain now. You guys were right; after that first one they really start snowballing. I think I'll work on my USA cruiser captain now, since it's Halsey and he's almost 17 anyway. 

Fair Seas

[KREW]
Members
590 posts
13,599 battles
2 minutes ago, HooplaJones said:

Gratz dude

Thanx,

The more I get, the faster they come. Hope to have a ton of them by next Xmas.