You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Frigate007

MM back to pre update?

13 comments in this topic

[GOBI]
Members
1,085 posts
4,406 battles

Played a bunch of games today in t7 and t8 ships. Bottom tier every match but one. Seeing more CVs than usual, last match had 2 per side T10. Lost 95% of my health from planes, CVs on both sides dominated the match, I think between the 4 they sank well over half the ships. Ended with all 4 CVs alive, nothing else. Was last non CV on my side,secured the enemy cap, and was sunk by wave after wave of planes. Ended in defeat. Seems we are back to pre update MM?

• Funny 1

Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

If you were the last non-CV alive then if course you list most of your health to them...you were literally the only viable target.

Nothing with matchmaking had changed.  You still can only be bottom tier in at most, 8 of the last 20 games after the first 20 games have been played at that tier.

[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,351 posts
23,819 battles

It's the holiday season. They're giving stuff away like hot cakes so you're going to see an influx of players. MM and the Meta will be totally messed up, compared to normal, for the next 2 months.

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,521 battles
59 minutes ago, Frigate007 said:

Seems we are back to pre update MM?

That is just WG out to get you and you alone and I for one am very grateful for that. I am enjoying top tier for most battles.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
29,532 posts
8,665 battles

I dunno, I played 6 matches today, in all T7s except one Amagi game and was either top or middle tier in all of them. (Amagi game was top tier)

Members
5,294 posts
10,079 battles

Nope - the games I had last night - most CVs were attacked or killed and in fact - I don't remember the last time I saw a game with only CVs left.  Came close last night but our team still had a least one regular ship left.

Members
566 posts
255 battles

i think mm is per ship so if you haven't played a ship 20 battles since the update, you won't get protected mm yet. and if the queue goes over like a minute for a few players mm breaks some of the rules to make a battle. and if you queue right when it starts breaking the rules you can get tossed into a very uphill (for you) battle. then you get to spend the whole game hiding from every 2 tier higher ship that can delete you but bounces your shells, with 4 km longer gun range to boot. 

Members
463 posts
24,055 battles
2 hours ago, Frigate007 said:

Lost 95% of my health from planes, CVs on both sides dominated the match, I think between the 4 they sank well over half the ships. Ended with all 4 CVs alive, nothing else.

According to WG's spreadsheets, you should be having lots of fun being pummeled by something you can't adequately counter.

• Boring 1

[GOBI]
Members
1,085 posts
4,406 battles

Played way over 20 games since update in both ships, I think that rule is only when there are plenty of players online? Otherwise out the window it goes. This was in late morning and afternoon EST.

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,350 posts
12,441 battles

This has been the MM I have been getting majority of the day so far: 

shot-19.12.10_19.48.06-0486.jpg

[INTEL]
Members
3,119 posts
17,094 battles
1 hour ago, throwawayforumalt said:

i think mm is per ship so if you haven't played a ship 20 battles since the update, you won't get protected mm yet. and if the queue goes over like a minute for a few players mm breaks some of the rules to make a battle. and if you queue right when it starts breaking the rules you can get tossed into a very uphill (for you) battle. then you get to spend the whole game hiding from every 2 tier higher ship that can delete you but bounces your shells, with 4 km longer gun range to boot. 

WG has stated the MM is by tier, not necessarily ship. I’d provide the reference but I’m being lazy tonight. 

• Cool 1

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,521 battles
3 hours ago, throwawayforumalt said:

i think mm is per ship so if you haven't played a ship 20 battles since the update, you won't get protected mm yet.

No the MM change was per tier not ship. Play 20 battles in a tier in any ship to activate the algorithm to reduce the chance of being bottom tier in more than 8 of 20 battles. That has to be done in each mode and for each tier to activate it for each mode and each tier. It does adjust for queue population and wait time.

2 hours ago, ClassicLib said:

WG has stated the MM is by tier, not necessarily ship. I’d provide the reference but I’m being lazy tonight. 

Yes by tier and mode.