Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TriHard_DodgeDealership

Removing italian multicolor tracers for "not fitting the style of the game" makes no sense

13 comments in this topic

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

The difference is none of those confuse you about what kind of ammunition is being thrown at you.

[PVE]
Members
12,081 posts
24,967 battles
Just now, KiyoSenkan said:

The difference is none of those confuse you about what kind of ammunition is being thrown at you.

How do tracer colors confuse you ammo wise?

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,608 posts
11,301 battles
4 minutes ago, TriHard_DodgeDealership said:

We already have ridiculous skins that are spaceship themed and ones with giant mechanical scorpions. And a giant beer can on the Roma. Those "don't fit the style" much more than some tri-color shell tracers.

Yea I found that statement to be a little weird . But I love Femm she has a tough job and seems like such a nice person .

• Cool 1

[AAA]
Members
141 posts
17,715 battles

This is par for the course. WG makes a change that no one asked for and the rationalize it by using a completely stupid reason. Usually one of the following 3 

1) Game Balance 

2) Historical reason 

3) doesn’t fit the game style 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

How do tracer colors confuse you ammo wise?

The game has literally, for the past 3 or 4 years, colored AP blue-white and HE orange.

This lets you easily determine what defensive action to take.

How have you not noticed this?

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Cool 3

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,608 posts
11,301 battles
3 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

The game has literally, for the past 3 or 4 years, colored AP blue-white and HE orange.

So how does tri color confuse you ?

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,801 posts

I really don't care one way or the other but I somehow missed in the news that they would be colorful.  Threw the captain in the ship and dropped haplessly into a match.  Fired a slavo, not even thinking about tracers and saw it.  At first I thought, what in the world is that????  :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
935 posts
4,079 battles
4 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

This lets you easily determine what defensive action to take.

You will notice the shell type more from the physical shell itself, not the tracers

• Cool 1

[USNR]
Members
297 posts
3,845 battles

I mean honestly, I think that they are a bit silly looking, but I don't see how they are confusing in any way. WG likes to make fun of the pasta boats

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,256 posts
16,326 battles
15 minutes ago, TriHard_DodgeDealership said:

We already have ridiculous skins that are spaceship themed and ones with giant mechanical scorpions. And a giant beer can on the Roma. Those "don't fit the style" much more than some tri-color shell tracers.

Firstly,

There is no need to create a separate thread with your individual thoughts on each matter, particularly when they pertain to a topic that is already in discussion on an established thread.

In regards to styling of the shell tracers:

Yes, we do have more "imaginative" content in the game, you are not wrong, however all of this content can be disabled by players at will.

We determined that the shell tracers being multicolored did not fit the purpose and style of shell tracers and thus decided to return them to a uniform color.

Fem, 

• Cool 2
  • Confused 7