Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

The ship that keeps on giving

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
1,651 posts
19,385 battles

1399353243_2000battles.thumb.png.d136bdcc9432f7fb27c547caf344d2d7.png

Sometime long ago i found myself grinding the U.S Cruiser line In hopes of reaching the DesMoines.

Last night I played my 2000th Random match marking a long and eventful Milestone in my favorite ship.

There is still room for improvement as I would like to survive more of my battles and one day knock down a 300k damage game and improve my Hit Ratio.

Along the way I have been fortunate enough to find my way into some nice WOWs and you tube Replays.

Won several close battles and dueled against some of the best Players on the Server.

Not once have i ever felt there was a better Cruiser that gave me as good a chance of dictating the outcome of a match like the DesMoines.

I think this season  of Ranked was a good measure of that.

Even with all the new Flashy ships overtaking Ranked.....The Old Tech Tree ship showed plenty of them that the Old Girl can still can carry with the best of them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
595
[PLDN]
Supertester
2,156 posts
6,629 battles

I've really only played the DM in clan battles but I've loved it. 

I'm curious what your build is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,193
[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles

Good going.  :Smile_great:

I wish I knew what I was doing in the DM.  Never could make it work.  Actually "retired" mine - stripped of all modules, upgrades, and flags.  Captain reassigned elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,981
[O_O]
Members
6,558 posts
15,566 battles

2,000 games in a single ship?  Dayum.  My highest ship has 249 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,084
[RLGN]
Members
14,458 posts
25,612 battles

At least you like it.

I played about 125 Randoms in it, mostly three years ago, and gave it up as a hopeless cause.

2,000 games in a single ship? The most I have is 1,000 total in Bogue. Nothing else is over ever 500, and if they are, it isn’t by much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,203
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,674 posts
14,005 battles

Good on you!  I know what screen name to steer (literally) away from when I see you in game!

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
840
[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,800 posts
11,921 battles

@GUNSTAR_THE_LEGENDwith barely 1500 battles on the live server in my Atlanta, you make my tenure with that ship look like a 1 night stand. Grats om your luff affair. I wish more players would invest more love in their individual ships and play styles than chase the next prow or stern. :Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
349
[R-F]
Members
706 posts
27,917 battles

WOW! That's a lot of games in just one ship! Do you ever see your wife or children? Maybe grab a shower? 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,085
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,364 posts
19,543 battles
3 hours ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

the Old Girl can still can carry with the best of them.

That's a BIG 10/4 there Rubber Duck! (And haven't seen you posting of late, good to see you back and have a Happy Holiday Season!)

1 hour ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

I know what screen name to steer (literally) away from when I see you in game!

And yeah, what he said!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
278
[TRU]
Members
633 posts
18,872 battles
3 hours ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

1399353243_2000battles.thumb.png.d136bdcc9432f7fb27c547caf344d2d7.png

Sometime long ago i found myself grinding the U.S Cruiser line In hopes of reaching the DesMoines.

Last night I played my 2000th Random match marking a long and eventful Milestone in my favorite ship.

There is still room for improvement as I would like to survive more of my battles and one day knock down a 300k damage game and improve my Hit Ratio.

Along the way I have been fortunate enough to find my way into some nice WOWs and you tube Replays.

Won several close battles and dueled against some of the best Players on the Server.

Not once have i ever felt there was a better Cruiser that gave me as good a chance of dictating the outcome of a match like the DesMoines.

I think this season  of Ranked was a good measure of that.

Even with all the new Flashy ships overtaking Ranked.....The Old Tech Tree ship showed plenty of them that the Old Girl can still can carry with the best of them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nice work!  Patience and situational awareness are a must I have learned for the Des Moines.  I almost retired it due to the floaty shells and it seems to be every BBs favorite target.  

With a better commander and now radar I will have to dust her off.  The rate of fire is just impressive.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,264
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,060 posts
11,742 battles

ah yes, the Des Memes, the ship that has withstood the test of time in WOWS, that Super Heavy AP coupled with that 5.5 second reload on a CA is always threatening, im on Buffalo right now and cant wait to get to the DM, and my Salem has given some insight to how she should be played, slightly less aggressive than the Salem because its heal isnt as good as Salem's

Edited by tcbaker777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,651 posts
19,385 battles
6 hours ago, X15 said:

I've really only played the DM in clan battles but I've loved it. 

I'm curious what your build is.

To be honest I change builds on this thing constantly.. In Ranked this season I changed my Build 3 times.

The CV fly swatter build for the early rounds cause there was a CV almost every match.

At Rank 5 I ditched that build and went with a bye bye DD build wich consisted of ditching Defensive AA for hydro and swapping out BFT and AFT for Vigilance and Radio Location.

When I got closer to Rank 1 I changed again slightly by dropping Vigilance and Radio location because at that point it was mostly all just Cruisers and BBs and added Demolition Expert and Survivability Expert.

Yes I ran SE because believe it or not you would not believe how many times I got smacked by a BB (Kremlin)  and survived by almost exactly the HP SE provided.

My Random build pretty much goes something like 

Expert Loader, Expert Marksmen, Jack of all Trades, Adrenaline Rush, Incoming Fire Alert, Superintendent, Concealment Expert and Radio Location.

and Depending on if Randoms is CV heavy for the night I might swap between Hydro or Defensive AA.

 

 

 

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,651 posts
19,385 battles
5 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Good on you!  I know what screen name to steer (literally) away from when I see you in game!

:) careful when you steer away don't let me see you do it lol.. 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×