You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Update 0.8.11 - Bugs Report

101 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers
1,650 posts
9,969 battles

Ahoy Fleet!

The Update 0.8.11 is here, so please provide any bug reports you may encounter here. 

Please also check our little guide on how to report a bug here: 

Spoiler

If you're fairly certain you've encountered a bug, we'd like to encourage you to submit it to the Game Support section of the WoWS ticket queues, within a section where bugs are asked for, or to create a post within this sub-forum.

Remove your mods and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit. 

I do ask that you please provide any and all information that you can when reporting an issue. 

Something that I have noticed that really helps in tracking this sort of thing is if you fill out the following information: 

Issue: This is where you should explain the problem that you're having.

Expected Result: Tell us what should be happening.
How to Replicate: Give us exampleson
 how to reproduce this bug.
Screenshots/Replay/Supporting Info: Screenshots and Replays go a long way, so having this ready to go will really help. 

Just some friendly reminders of what a bug is NOT:

An aspect of game design that you disagree with ("This ship needs to be buffed" "That ship needs to be nerfed" "The ocean is the wrong shade of blue")
Items that you feel are missing from your account (almost always this is a problem with your payment method for premium stuff or an interface confusion for the rest)
Historical Inaccuracies
Issues related to your installed mods. - Remove your mods, if you gave any, and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit.
We reserve the right to add to this list :trollface :

Forgot to mention, Remove your mods and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit. 

For each report Please make sure to attach WG Check tool report to your reports! That will help us to better understand the nature of the issue you're experiencing.

You can find the instructions on how to use that tool here: 

Spoiler

Below I have included a download link to our WG Check tool. This diagnostic tool can be used for World of Tanks, World of Warships, and World of Warplanes.

This tool can be used as a way to run a diagnostic check on your game client, check to see if you're missing any game files (it will try and repair them if possible), and to gather necessary information our support team might need to address any tech/bug related issues. 

Once you have downloaded it, open the zip file and run the WGCheck.exe. After it has launched, please select the World of Warships icon and locate its directory. The default location is **C:\Games\World_of_Warships**

- Check the box labeled, *Add game client to the firewall exceptions*.

- Check the box labeled, *Extended network diagnostics*.

- Start the integrity check by selecting the orange *Start Diagnostics* button.

Be patient, it will take some time to finish.

In many instances, this should repair or at the very least diagnose what issue you may be having. 

If it doesn't resolve your issue, then I would like to ask that you please submit a support ticket to our CS team and please send us the WGCheck log that generates after the program has completed its check.

If the file size is too large for the support system, you may have to place it within a .zip file.

Lastly, if you have any mods installed on your PC, please remove them and run the check tool again (check your game client as well to see if removing the mod helped) before sending your info to us here in support. 

If you're trying to report any technical issue, please make sure to attach WG Check report to your posts. 

If you'd like to leave feedback on the latest content or updates, you can drop them here!

#anchorsaweigh

[WOLFC]
Members
2,912 posts
16,686 battles

This update for camo is not working for Bionic ... haven't tried any other special camos.

• Additional content settings are updated. Now you will still get bonuses from a camouflage when you hide it. The standard permanent camouflage or – in case the ship doesn't have one – the Type 5 camouflage will be displayed instead;

The Bionic camo provides Concealment to 9.9km.  

BaltimoreBionic.thumb.jpg.45ebd12d3f451acc06a667852373c06e.jpg

After I "hide" it, it no longer says it's "Demounted" as before, but it is hidden in the options, disappears from the ship, is not replaced by the standard permanent camouflage, and Detectability goes up to 10.2km.

BaltimoreHideBionic.thumb.jpg.35e32213492a127a13205fee5860761b.jpg

Members
21 posts
5,161 battles

I dont know if this is a bug, or is the problem on my side, but in ui if i choose a ship, it is display correctly, but all of the other things are wrong, in the picture i have Alsace, but commander shows up from Sovetsky Soyus, same thing with flags, no matter what ship i choose, Theres still soyuz captain and flags. 

Edit:

Played Alsace now, and now Alsace captain and flags are stuck, seems like every time i play different ship, this ship commander and flags will stay. 

IMG_20191211_183715.jpg

Edited by Viitseadmiral_MadOll
New info
  • Cool 1

[WG]
1,650 posts
9,969 battles
23 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

This update for camo is not working for Bionic ... haven't tried any other special camos.

• Additional content settings are updated. Now you will still get bonuses from a camouflage when you hide it. The standard permanent camouflage or – in case the ship doesn't have one – the Type 5 camouflage will be displayed instead;

The Bionic camo provides Concealment to 9.9km.  

BaltimoreBionic.thumb.jpg.45ebd12d3f451acc06a667852373c06e.jpg

After I "hide" it, it no longer says it's "Demounted" as before, but it is hidden in the options, disappears from the ship, is not replaced by the standard permanent camouflage, and Detectability goes up to 10.2km.

BaltimoreHideBionic.thumb.jpg.35e32213492a127a13205fee5860761b.jpg

You will have to remount another camo as the filter you choose prevents Spaceship themed camos from being displayed and selected,

Once you remount another camo, you will see the concealment drop back to 9.9km.

#anchorsaweigh

• Confused 1

[WG]
1,650 posts
9,969 battles
18 minutes ago, Viitseadmiral_MadOll said:

I dont know if this is a bug, or is the problem on my side, but in ui if i choose a ship, it is display correctly, but all of the other things are wrong, in the picture i have Alsace, but commander shows up from Sovetsky Soyus, same thing with flags, no matter what ship i choose, Theres still soyuz captain and flags. 

IMG_20191211_183715.jpg

Looks like some synching issues with the server.

Try quitting the client and relaunching. I've seen this occasionally as well.

#anchorsaweigh

[WOLFC]
Members
2,912 posts
16,686 battles
1 hour ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Looks like some synching issues with the server.

Try quitting the client and relaunching. I've seen this occasionally as well.

#anchorsaweigh

Hi, just got back ... I tried quitting and relaunching ... and it's still not working as @Umbaretz laid it out in the Developer's Corner ... he even reaffirmed it when folks asked about examples:

• "Additional content settings are updated. Now you will still get bonuses from a camouflage when you hide it. The standard permanent camouflage or in case the ship doesn't have one – the Type 5 camouflage will be displayed instead;"

WHY would I want to remount another, different camo?  Most likely single use which would be consumed ... when he states we should get the benefits of the special camo? Note in my images that I do not have the standard permanent camo ... so it should be displaying Type 5 camo.

I'm not running any mods and have never run any camo mods.

[RRC]
Beta Testers
838 posts
15,169 battles

According to iEarlGray and the update notes, I should have gotten 4 containers with this update. Two in my port already and another two I had to collect in the armory but only the ones in the armory made it to my game client so I guess I only get 2? 

[WG]
1,650 posts
9,969 battles
45 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

Hi, just got back ... I tried quitting and relaunching ... and it's still not working as @Umbaretz laid it out in the Developer's Corner ... he even reaffirmed it when folks asked about examples:

• "Additional content settings are updated. Now you will still get bonuses from a camouflage when you hide it. The standard permanent camouflage or in case the ship doesn't have one – the Type 5 camouflage will be displayed instead;"

WHY would I want to remount another, different camo?  Most likely single use which would be consumed ... when he states we should get the benefits of the special camo? Note in my images that I do not have the standard permanent camo ... so it should be displaying Type 5 camo.

I'm not running any mods and have never run any camo mods.

Is this the post you were referring to?

[WG]
1,650 posts
9,969 battles
3 minutes ago, Banished_Privateer said:

My flag on Loyang is not changing:
image.thumb.png.52d11cd330203cf3a31cdd2ee70d3395.png

The image you provided isn't displaying properly.

Are you referring to the national ensign or signal flags?

[-AHOY]
Members
256 posts
7,444 battles
14 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

The image you provided isn't displaying properly.

Are you referring to the national ensign or signal flags?

try to refresh and yes.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,912 posts
16,686 battles
1 hour ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Is this the post you were referring to?

Yes, that's the one.

[WG]
1,650 posts
9,969 battles
2 hours ago, G0lfSierra1 said:

According to iEarlGray and the update notes, I should have gotten 4 containers with this update. Two in my port already and another two I had to collect in the armory but only the ones in the armory made it to my game client so I guess I only get 2? 

1. Go to the "Containers" tab
  2. Look for "Get Free Containers"
  3. Click on it and you should receive 2 more containers
  • Cool 1

[WG]
1,650 posts
9,969 battles
1 hour ago, Banished_Privateer said:

try to refresh and yes.

Looks like a port sync issue.

Try exiting out and relaunching the game.

Members
3 posts
20 battles

After the update this morning, I came back to the game and it won't load.  Stops at about 90% and just freezes there indefinitely.  Nothing changed at my end.

[WG]
1,650 posts
9,969 battles
33 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

Yes, that's the one.

The Dev Blog is a separate publication from the Update notes listed here:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-0811-new-year/

The feature mentioned in the Dev Blog is not a part of the 0.8.11 Update.

The Dev Blogs forecast items that are typically a few patches away to provide players some visibility on what's planned for the future.

Hope that clarifies your question.

#anchorsaweigh

• Cool 1

[WG]
1,650 posts
9,969 battles
26 minutes ago, MoondogE9 said:

After the update this morning, I came back to the game and it won't load.  Stops at about 90% and just freezes there indefinitely.  Nothing changed at my end.

Were you ever able to login to the game?

If not, perform a "check and repair" on your game client to see if any files were corrupted or damaged during the installation.

1. Game settings
  2. Check and repair

[B2P]
[B2P]
Members
1 post
7,511 battles
4 hours ago, Viitseadmiral_MadOll said:

Edit:

Played Alsace now, and now Alsace captain and flags are stuck, seems like every time i play different ship, this ship commander and flags will stay. 

IMG_20191211_183715.jpg

I had this same bug. Showed a US BB captain even though I was choosing skills for a UK DD captain.

[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,352 posts
23,832 battles

Wasnt able to collect my Santa crates from the supply ship. I clicked the banner, it showed the loading icon spinning, and then gave me nothing.a

[WG]
1,650 posts
9,969 battles
4 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Wasnt able to collect my Santa crates from the supply ship. I clicked the banner, it showed the loading icon spinning, and then gave me nothing.a

Did you receive the 2 containers from the Armory?

Try relaunching and see if the banner is still offering gifts in your Container tab.

[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,352 posts
23,832 battles
10 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Did you receive the 2 containers from the Armory?

Try relaunching and see if the banner is still offering gifts in your Container tab.

Yes I did receive my armory containers. Let me finish this battle, I'll restart and report back.

[BEARS]
[BEARS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,595 battles

Could not get to the Armory . Just got the spinning symbol . Tried a few times after checking everything out and playing two battles and still would not work . I waited over three minutes the last time .

I am now going to see if relaunching works .

:Smile_honoring:

P.S. @Gneisenau013 any word on the Friends list fix ?

• Cool 2

Members
7 posts
5 battles

Hi all

I known this is not the topic but i ask wargaming staff why they take so long to reply to my message re my tranfers from asia to na server. I have sent 3 message in the last 8 hours with out a dam answer.You people at wargaming need to google the words Customer Service. Not good enough wargaming. I suggest that wargaming not offer server tranfers again,

thanks for nothing wargaming