You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DocWalker

Sansonetti's Tracers ...

53 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
2,912 posts
16,686 battles

... may have been the only thing OP on Italian cruisers. 

t.jpg.c1a57c96cf4d6e58f1308e1690e1066c.jpg

Missed this on the first read this morning, but they are changing from Green/White/Red to Red.

1946416698_tracercolor.jpg.ea22b960bd22d8718a56de06199449da.jpg

Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles
7 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

... may have been the only thing OP on Italian cruisers. 

t.jpg.c1a57c96cf4d6e58f1308e1690e1066c.jpg

Missed this on the first read this morning, but they are changing from Green/White/Red to Red.

1946416698_tracercolor.jpg.ea22b960bd22d8718a56de06199449da.jpg

Why would you go through all the trouble to program colored tracers, and then take them out right away.  Makes little sense.

IMO, all the captains should get multi-colored tracers.  I'd love spreading some red white and blue love, courtesy of Halsey on US cruisers ;)

• Cool 9

[WOLFC]
Members
2,912 posts
16,686 battles
3 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Why would you go through all the trouble to program colored tracers, and then take them out right away.  Makes little sense.

IMO, all the captains should get multi-colored tracers.  I'd love spreading some red white and blue love, courtesy of Halsey on US cruisers ;)

I agree ... and thought they were pretty cool.  Red, White & Blue?  YES with please and whipped cream on top. 

I know some said here they didn't like them, but it's an option that can be turned off.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,787 posts
9,790 battles
46 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Why on earth are they removing the three-color tracers? 

Seems like such a waste. 

@Femennenly -- any word on the reason behind this change? 

My guess would be one of (or a combination of) two reasons:

1) Aesthetics - I’ve seen some posts on the forum complaining about them not being practical/realistic, or just not liking them, etc.

or

2) With all legendary commanders firing the same color tracers, Luigi’s shells (By which I mean AP, since IIRC SAP has a unique appearance) are not as idenfiable. The three-color tracers were a dead giveaway that you were under fire from the pasta boat on the red team. Now, you need to deduce the identity of your attacker based on position, number of shells, ROF, etc, just like any other ship.

[POP]
Members
4,445 posts
11,564 battles

I’m fine with an option in the settings to turn off the multicolored tracers for others (or just switching them to the plain red) if you don’t want to see them, but personally I like the look of the three color tracers on my end. It’s different from the other colored tracer captains. 

If WG’s insisting on changing them from the multicolored ones for everyone, why make them red like half the other captains? Why not keep them somewhat unique and make them green?

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,256 posts
16,326 battles
58 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Why on earth are they removing the three-color tracers? 

Seems like such a waste. 

@Femennenly -- any word on the reason behind this change? 

Unfortunately, the idea of multi-colored tracers did not fit the style of our game. That's why the colors of Luigi Sansonetti and Günther Lütjens were changed to red.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 11
  • Boring 2

[KAPPA]
Members
1,340 posts
7,571 battles
4 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Unfortunately, the idea of multi-colored tracers did not fit the style of our game. That's why the colors of Luigi Sansonetti and Günther Lütjens were changed to red.

You forgot to mention that you are also removing that tinge of yellow from Kuznetsov's tracers. Not to worry, I believe this should cover for that. I know you guys are only human after all.

Still, I'm gonna miss those trippy tracers, I rushed Sansonetti as soon as I heard the tri-color tracers were being removed because I wanted to see them for myself. 

Edited by CaptHarlock_222

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,779 posts
5 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

I don't see how they're different from the single-color tracers, but... oh well.  Thanks for the answer. 

[WOLF4]
Members
164 posts
3,812 battles

Thank you WG. The mixed colors did not work well. I would have preferred Italian green. But red is better than the current vomit color.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

To be honest, the multicolor tracers is one thing I really liked about the captain.  It is visually nice.   What a shame. 

• Cool 6

[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,352 posts
23,832 battles

I'm going to miss shooting skittles at people but oh well.

Edited by Skuggsja
  • Funny 1

[SIM]
Members
5,077 posts
8,205 battles
54 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Pardon? You have ship skins with robot octopuses on them, space ship skins, and plenty of anime weirdness, but multi-colored tracers were too much? You couldn’t just give people the option to hide ahistorical tracer effects?

• Cool 24
  • Funny 6

[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
128 posts
6,471 battles
2 hours ago, Femennenly said:

If you have ships sailing around with giant lobster fish camo's..... but THIS didn't fit the style of the game? :Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 1

[EQRN]
Members
2,052 posts
17,829 battles

Sorry, but how do camos that physically distort ships, sometimes in grotesque abominations, “fit the style of our game”, but tracer colors don’t?

• Cool 2

Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

I'm sorry but as people above said, this reason is a stretch at best.  

• Cool 1

[USNR]
Members
297 posts
3,846 battles

I hate the Halloween camos, beer cans on top of ships, but whatever. I'm convinced WG just enjoys tinkering with their game. It's nothing to get too ruffled about.

Members
510 posts
14,456 battles
2 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

With all legendary commanders firing the same color tracers, Luigi’s shells (By which I mean AP, since IIRC SAP has a unique appearance) are not as idenfiable. The three-color tracers were a dead giveaway that you were under fire from the pasta boat on the red team. Now, you need to deduce the identity of your attacker based on position, number of shells, ROF, etc, just like any other ship.

The French captain shoots a distinctive purplish-blue shell, which is a much different shade than Ovechkin's blue.   

Members
510 posts
14,456 battles
3 hours ago, Femennenly said:

Ummm....have you seen the Mogami camo?  The ship is getting violated by a giant octopus!!  

Edited by ThumperD702
  • Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,364 posts
19,543 battles
3 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

My guess would be one of (or a combination of) two reasons:

1) Aesthetics - I’ve seen some posts on the forum complaining about them not being practical/realistic, or just not liking them, etc.

or

2) With all legendary commanders firing the same color tracers, Luigi’s shells (By which I mean AP, since IIRC SAP has a unique appearance) are not as idenfiable. The three-color tracers were a dead giveaway that you were under fire from the pasta boat on the red team. Now, you need to deduce the identity of your attacker based on position, number of shells, ROF, etc, just like any other ship.

Or it could be that paying attention to where they come from made it easy to spot, and fire on, smoked up Italian Cruisers, which, to be honest, have enough problems already.

2 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

Pardon? You have ship skins with robot octopuses on them, space ship skins, and plenty of anime weirdness, but multi-colored tracers were too much? You couldn’t just give people the option to hide ahistorical tracer effects?

Ya gotta admit, there's a point being made here! (And everyone else who said what @SkaerKrow said, you've been NINJA'D!!)

[--K--]
Members
1,349 posts
10,475 battles

Giant scorpion Yamato... check.

multi-color tracers...  GULAG  

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
551 posts
5,203 battles

Hmmm, the fact that multi-colored tracers made it WAY past the 'idea' stage and into actual use in game kinda belies that statement.

Edited by SkullCowboy_60
  • Cool 3