You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Legio_X_

I usually get Santa crates, but....

18 comments in this topic

Members
2,439 posts
5,404 battles

I have 3 of the B ships in the list (Tirpitz, Mass, Atago).

Nothing would piss me off more than getting  3 of the same damn ship that I will never play. 

Edited by Legio_X_
  • Cool 2
  • Confused 1

Members
2,439 posts
5,404 battles
2 minutes ago, Slumlord_Dasboot said:

Except then you can do the mission to get the doubloons and 100k experience which is win. 

Uh...seriously? No thanks

[PLDN]
Supertester
2,156 posts
6,629 battles

I mean, you chose to get the black ships and brought this on yourself. Unless you got them for free of course, in which case you've only got something like a 1/20 chance of getting them again. And got them for free.

From my perspective, you have a chance of getting extra doubloons, port slots, and free experience. Not to mention potential access to special camos like Tirpitz's Tarnanstrich, which is the same as the permanent camo but with +100% free experience tacked on. This is to your benefit.

Worst case scenario if you get a duplicate: you get 2500 doubloons

The best Santa crate has a chance to drop only 2000 doubloons

Edited by X15

[RLGN]
Members
14,481 posts
25,669 battles
1 hour ago, Legio_X_ said:

Nothing would piss me off more than getting  3 of the same damn ship that I will never play. 

At least two of those ships are still good, and all three represent first win bonuses, even for an out of spec captain.

32 minutes ago, X15 said:

From my perspective, you have a chance of getting extra doubloons, port slots, and free experience. Not to mention potential access to special camos like Tirpitz's Tarnanstrich, which is the same as the permanent camo but with +100% free experience tacked on. This is to your benefit.

I think the chances for dubs have been nerfed pretty hard this time around.

In any case...

I’ve read of a few players trying to figure out if they can get their ARP ships back, now that camo mechanics function.

Why is is so hard for players to understand the first win value of duplicate ships? Even if you hate the bloody things, run a battle in Co-op and just don’t suck; that’s credits/xp/fxp you didn’t have before.

I damn sure didn’t grind my ARP Kongo Captain to 19 points by just running her in Kongo, and only Kongo. There was also Haruna, Kirishima, and Hiei, and after she converted to a cruiser captain, Atago, Takao, Ashigara, Myoko, (who’s now driving Shokaku,) Nachi, and Haguro.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
10,366 posts
17,639 battles
56 minutes ago, X15 said:

Worst case scenario if you get a duplicate: you get 2500 doubloons

Where does it say that? and even so you used to get the value of the ship in doubloons.

[RLGN]
Members
14,481 posts
25,669 battles
Just now, Sovereigndawg said:

Where does it say that? and even so you used to get the value of the ship in doubloons.

My understanding is, this time around you literally have to have every premium before you could possibly draw a duplicate and get dubs.

[TBW]
Members
10,366 posts
17,639 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

My understanding is, this time around you literally have to have every premium before you could possibly draw a duplicate and get dubs.

yup, except then they won't allow you to get ship drops (duplicates) anymore and just give something else that can drop, so premium time or doubloons is all they are worth after that the rest of the stuff is just booby prizes.

[PLDN]
Supertester
2,156 posts
6,629 battles
5 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

The black ships come with missions for 2500 doubloons from playing 5 battles in the regular version. They aren't a duplicate, it's an identical ship with a different name, so you don't get the full refund as you would still get from getting two of the same ship and owning every other ship on the list.

[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,371 posts
23,882 battles

I wont be picking any up this year. Between my kids getting older and wanting more expensive stuff and the fact that there are only 2 ships I dont have, I cant bring myself to do it.

Besides, I might pick up Fujin or V.U. from the freebie crates and if i dont i wont be upset.

Edited by Skuggsja

[RLGN]
Members
14,481 posts
25,669 battles
21 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

yup, except then they won't allow you to get ship drops (duplicates) anymore and just give something else that can drop, so premium time or doubloons is all they are worth after that the rest of the stuff is just booby prizes.

Looking through the list, I wouldn’t really disagree. Our opinions may differ on a few of the items, but most are generally not worth the dubs a dup ship would give.

• Cool 1

[ABCD3]
Members
498 posts
12,571 battles

Can't go wrong with having a Shadow ship from a $5 crate.

[TBW]
Members
10,366 posts
17,639 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Looking through the list, I wouldn’t really disagree. Our opinions may differ on a few of the items, but most are generally not worth the dubs a dup ship would give.

Normally I would take the lesser Items in stride, you are going to get what you get. In the past I have probably averaged 2.5 ships for every 15 crates. I have never won premium time, I have gotten doubloons. What I look forward to, is the doubloons from the 2.5 ships per 15 boxes. To add insult they now doubled up on the Marblehead and put the Lima one in the mix. To me, that is just another snaky low move and snaky low moves seem to be more and more common. I don't hate the game or WG for trying to make money, more and more of their moves seem to be getting more and more greedy however.

I feel like I am over feeding a fat dog and I am giving it more whenever it wants more. It's not good for the dog and the dog will probably die sooner, rather than later. Therefore I feel I have to cut back on the dog chow and put the dog on an extreme diet. Like maybe premium time is all I will ever buy from now on and if that goes up, that can go the way of the Dodo too.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,621 posts
11,318 battles
3 hours ago, Legio_X_ said:

Right and you don't even have the free 2500 doubloon missions you got if you had them already .

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,621 posts
11,318 battles
1 hour ago, X15 said:

The black ships come with missions for 2500 doubloons from playing 5 battles in the regular version. They aren't a duplicate, it's an identical ship with a different name, so you don't get the full refund as you would still get from getting two of the same ship and owning every other ship on the list.

Yea the black ships came with a mission if you already had the ship when you bought it . I don't know if the mission is still there the black event is over.

[PLDN]
Supertester
2,156 posts
6,629 battles
1 hour ago, clammboy said:

Yea the black ships came with a mission if you already had the ship when you bought it . I don't know if the mission is still there the black event is over.

The mission lasts at least through the new year.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,621 posts
11,318 battles
1 hour ago, X15 said:

The mission lasts at least through the new year.

Oh so then if you bye the duplicate regular ship and you have the Black you still have the mission till Jan 1st at least ok thanks . 

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,621 posts
11,318 battles
6 hours ago, Legio_X_ said:

But you would have the 3 missions for 2500 doubloons each so you would get 7500 doubloons and there very easy to complete I did them . Then you could sell the 3 regular ships for credits and you still make out well for 5 dollar crates .