Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

Ten Simple Things that would make PvE 100X better

29 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
13,281 posts
36,602 battles

Time for my annual post.

First, a thanks to WG for implementing some of the suggestions made before, including adding a mix of ships to the red team instead of simply mirroring the green players, and also for at least thinking about doing something for the games that end with red ships still unkilled.

Here are ten more....

1. Make the Bot CV turn and race toward the center of the map when all other red ships are dead. The current scenario of having to kill the CV at the end when it is spinning in circles needlessly prolongs matches. Sometimes the CV goes stern-on to the oncoming ships, meaning that certain cruisers that fire SAP/AP only have serious problems damaging heavily armored high tier CVs. The answer is to make sure the CV turns toward the human team and commits suicide, ending the match more rapidly. 

2. Remove Two Brothers from the Map Rotation. Even with the increased coop team size, one side always has too few ships and there are players who get little damage. 

3. Change the spawns to help slow BBs. Slow BBs are often left with nothing to shoot at because the kills go to nimbler, faster ships. Why not alter the spawns to put the slow BBs on one side and the faster ships on the other?

4. Add 1 or 2 extra ships to the Red Team when the Green Team is all humans. We can handle it.

5. Add a coop hard mode for clans to do together. It would be awesome to load in as a team and face two-three waves of bots or similar, and have to coordinate among teammates for the win. PvE-only clans would really get a bang out of it.

6. Add a "WAIT FOR OTHER PLAYERS" check box to the coop battle button. Many players want to play with other humans, it is a good way to meet people and enjoy gaming together. There is no reason that the MM cannot wait to form teams that include at least two humans at a player's request. Indeed, the Operations div screen already does this in practice when it asks you to check a box picking up other players. Meanwhile players who don't mind all bot matches can simply leave the box unchecked  and wait the usual 30 seconds. 

7. Remove the bot cheating fire protection. Because bots use a fire protection cheat that reduces their chance of catching on fire, it is difficult to practice realistically with bots or to learn the capabilities of one's HE spam. Return the bots to the same level of fire chance reduction as the humans.

8. Remove standard mode from all maps in Coop. Domination provides much greater rewards for players, and a better chance for victory when bots outnumber humans at the end of a match.

9. Remove the bot ability to damage team members. Humans already do enough team damage in coop. Bot weapons, especially torps, should not damage green ships. Team damage is already gone from operations and the earth still placidly spins on its axis same as before.

10. Add a cross-spawn similar to the original Hotspot. If the spawns alternated to form an X like the original Hotspot spawns, slower ships could get in the game more rapidly, and brawls and knife fights would develop right away. The match would also go faster. 

• Cool 12
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[CO-OP]
Members
1,602 posts
25,228 battles

As much as I dislike standard battle it does give the red bots an earning capacity from the get go and so the zero rule is likely to apply.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,450 posts
19,366 battles

I can find myself agreeing with most of those.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
4,465 posts
19,521 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

Time for my annual post.

First, a thanks to WG for implementing some of the suggestions made before, including adding a mix of ships to the red team instead of simply mirroring the green players, and also for at least thinking about doing something for the games that end with red ships still unkilled.

Here are ten more....

1. Make the Bot CV turn and race toward the center of the map when all other red ships are dead. The current scenario of having to kill the CV at the end when it is spinning in circles needlessly prolongs matches. Sometimes the CV goes stern-on to the oncoming ships, meaning that certain cruisers that fire SAP/AP only have serious problems damaging heavily armored high tier CVs. The answer is to make sure the CV turns toward the human team and commits suicide, ending the match more rapidly. 

2. Remove Two Brothers from the Map Rotation. Even with the increased coop team size, one side always has too few ships and there are players who get little damage. 

3. Change the spawns to help slow BBs. Slow BBs are often left with nothing to shoot at because the kills go to nimbler, faster ships. Why not alter the spawns to put the slow BBs on one side and the faster ships on the other?

4. Add 1 or 2 extra ships to the Red Team when the Green Team is all humans. We can handle it.

5. Add a coop hard mode for clans to do together. It would be awesome to load in as a team and face two-three waves of bots or similar, and have to coordinate among teammates for the win. PvE-only clans would really get a bang out of it.

6. Add a "WAIT FOR OTHER PLAYERS" check box to the coop battle button. Many players want to play with other humans, it is a good way to meet people and enjoy gaming together. There is no reason that the MM cannot wait to form teams that include at least two humans at a player's request. Indeed, the Operations div screen already does this in practice when it asks you to check a box picking up other players. Meanwhile players who don't mind all bot matches can simply leave the box unchecked  and wait the usual 30 seconds. 

7. Remove the bot cheating fire protection. Because bots use a fire protection cheat that reduces their chance of catching on fire, it is difficult to practice realistically with bots or to learn the capabilities of one's HE spam. Return the bots to the same level of fire chance reduction as the humans.

8. Remove standard mode from all maps in Coop. Domination provides much greater rewards for players, and a better chance for victory when bots outnumber humans at the end of a match.

9. Remove the bot ability to damage team members. Humans already do enough team damage in coop. Bot weapons, especially torps, should not damage green ships. Team damage is already gone from operations and the earth still placidly spins on its axis same as before.

10. Add a cross-spawn similar to the original Hotspot. If the spawns alternated to form an X like the original Hotspot spawns, slower ships could get in the game more rapidly, and brawls and knife fights would develop right away. The match would also go faster.

Oh my !  You do this annually? 

I'd add:

11)  Add the Open Ocean map so that the humans and the Bots can't run into Land masses delaying the game when the mercy rule isn't working.

12)  Create a Free-For-All (FFA) map where all nine ships randomly spawn all over the maps.  Next to each other in most cases.

13)  Add in the Golden Consumables in COOP for real money....!  All 8 of them (the golden: bullet (the WoTs variety), torpedo (guided torps), wrench (repair), eye (radar), ear (sonar), Eagle (heavy attack aircraft), Hound (a 3x speed boost) and the golden Sneaker (a stealth system that eliminate radar and lowers your detect to 2.5 and torpedo detect to 1)

And, radar and sonar get added to COOP !  I almost forgot to add this !!!

Edited by Asym_KS
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
12,172 posts
25,028 battles

Time for my annual post.

Here are ten more....

I am ok  with most of it. Luke warm on some and like others a lot. But have to say NO to removing 2 Brothers. That map is fine for Co-op and I find it fun. Standard on it sucks but domination is great. 

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,206 posts
9,533 battles
15 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I am ok  with most of it. Luke warm on some and like others a lot. But have to say NO to removing 2 Brothers. That map is fine for Co-op and I find it fun. Standard on it sucks but domination is great. 

I agree it's a map I love the most in ships with torpedo reload booster because if I am at the south spawn, I race towards the center and take a position right before the middle of the channel and torp the incoming bots as they come in one by one.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,790 posts
14,794 battles

Time for my annual post.

Here are ten more....

1. No. This is the natural consequence of there being no mercy rule; all the bots available for you to kill. If that's what you want, you have to live with the full implications.

2. Sometimes you get the full side and sometimes you don't.  

3. Put the slow battleships up front seems like a better solution to me. Make sure they can't spawn on their own back line.

4. Maybe.

5. I can see this as an event mode, not necessarily a regular thing. Maybe even an endless-waves thing where they keep on coming until you are all dead? You would get "losing" XP, but the farming of hits, kills, citadels, etc. etc. and the credit returns could be awesome and the XP gains from the number of kills might outweigh the lack of the win bonus.

6. How long are you prepared to wait, and how many humans are you going to pull out of other queues to do it? I can see ways in which this could make MM extremely complicated, and frankly I'd rather load into an all-bot co-op game fast than sit in a queue just to ensure other humans.

7. IMO this rests on an unproven assertion.

8. No. In a bot-heavy match or with lots of humans accustomed to Random battle camping, the reds can sometimes cap you out in Domination or Epicentre and lose you the game that way. You think you want this, but you really wouldn't like it.

9. I can definitely see a case for this, but the number of times I have been shot or torped by friendly bots in the last two years can be counted on my thumbs.

10. This gets back to your point number 3. 

[USCC]
Members
3,024 posts
13,776 battles

I like the all those ideas, good thoughts @Taichunger 

WG, if you do nothing else on that list, at least do this please!!!!!

"2. Remove Two Brothers from the Map Rotation." 

• Boring 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,915 posts

I'd be fine with Two Brothers if it was changed to One Brother and that idiotic slot down the middle was removed.  Nothing ruins a battle on that map quicker than someone trying to rush that thing and dragging all the bots away from one or both sides of the map. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,438 posts
20,188 battles

I say leave Two Brothers and instead remove Shatter from the map rotation. That is the most annoying map for Coop, especially if you spawn on C cap side.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
166 posts
15,610 battles
4 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

I agree it's a map I love the most in ships with torpedo reload booster because if I am at the south spawn, I race towards the center and take a position right before the middle of the channel and torp the incoming bots as they come in one by one.

I used to do this all the time but lately some yahoo will always ignore my ambush setup and rush into the gap to die, clogging up the spout. :(

[PVE]
Members
1,459 posts
39,885 battles

Beside the mercy rule I think everything in coop is fine the way it is.

The less WG tries to change things the less they can mess it up.

Edited by cecill611

[PVE]
Members
19,881 posts
12,085 battles
6 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Time for my annual post.

Here are ten more....

Nah, Bot CVs are fine as they are.

I like this map and we should keep it. 

This would be good. Put slow BBs in the front as the other, faster ships can pass them.

Except newbies may not be able to.

I've suggested having an Operation called Toaster Shoot-out which would be a Scenario that works like co-op, but with 14 bots. Either all at once or in two closely spaced waves. It would be a nice change for a week away from scripted scenarios.

That is a VERY good idea.

They hit DC as soon as they catch fire.

Nah, still need that mode as it is in Randoms.

You wanted more bots to fight in #4. :Smile_hiding::Smile_teethhappy:

Different spawns would be cool.

[WOLFG]
Members
10,033 posts
9,074 battles

Battle starts. Fuso gets spotted.

[PVE]
Members
12,172 posts
25,028 battles
2 hours ago, Lightninger said:

I say leave Two Brothers and instead remove Shatter from the map rotation. That is the most annoying map for Coop, especially if you spawn on C cap side.

Yes. HATE that map.

• Cool 1

[USCC]
Members
3,024 posts
13,776 battles
48 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Battle starts. Fuso gets spotted.

Fuso doesn't care, Fuso warms to the attention. 

gipfgfgfgfghy.gif.f3cc19a952f820b0a10ffd20f35e2bf8.gif

Maybe not this much warmth though.

[INTEL]
Members
13,281 posts
36,602 battles
6 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

Of course, lots of us do that. But if you're in a slow ship, or the side that doesn't have a DD, you get nada. It's those people I am thinking about. 

[INTEL]
Members
13,281 posts
36,602 battles
47 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yes. HATE that map.

It's by far the worst map in the game.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,528 posts
7 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

Aannd this is why I hate that map.   It pulls the bots out of the left and right caps, and makes them pull a stoopid.  As often as not, they all rush together, and get stuck in there.   Or they just stop, and go on a coffee break.

It may be great for the DD doing it,  but it sucks for everyone else- who now have nothing to shoot at.   At least until you finally gat around those ginormous mountains.

I'd add:

- please have the bots NOT just ignore someone engaging them, to sail away to parts unknown.   Not only is it silly, and immersion breaking- it's damned irritating, when you finally manage to close to brawling range- and the stupid thing just goes away.    It's FUN brawling and knife fighting with the bots!  Not only are they pretty good at it, when the program wants them to be (which makes for exciting, adrenaline fueled brawls!)- but there are plenty of ships that are tailor made for that style of fight.   And I don't mean torp spammers.

- Add Solomons back to the rotation more often.   It's been more than a year since I've seen that map...

- agreed on Ocean.   It's an interesting change of pace.   Plus there are no stupid islands to jump out in front of my ship at the worst moment!    Or to prevent you and your team from supporting each other.

Also, what in the world have you guys got against my cruisers??   It's like the bots have sworn unholy vengeance against them...

General requests- not just Co-op related:

- What in the world did you DO to the 3" AAA guns on DM, Salem, and Worcester???   Those were, by far, the best guns they had- now they're just meh.   And they ARE artillery guns, not autocannons...

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

Members
1,438 posts
20,188 battles
54 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

- Add Solomons back to the rotation more often.   It's been more than a year since I've seen that map...

Solomon Islands is a low tier map, max tier 5 ships. You are playing the wrong ships if you don't see that map.

[CO-OP]
Members
1,602 posts
25,228 battles

Shatter... meh, Crash Zone Alpha... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
271 posts
7,298 battles
1 hour ago, Lightninger said:

Solomon Islands is a low tier map, max tier 5 ships. You are playing the wrong ships if you don't see that map.

I dislike Solomon Islands because it's basically a low-tier Two Brothers, and bog help you if you need to steam all the way around one of those islands in a slow af dreadnought that barely manages 20 kt. 

[USCC]
Members
3,024 posts
13,776 battles
12 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

It's exactly that reason right there I hate this map, great if you're in a dd, sucks for anyone going left or right.
When i see a dd head for mid, I just follow right along and try to be as much a pita as I can be. 

Sign in to follow this