You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JaysUsedBoatParts

Exactly how can I try to get the musashi?

55 comments in this topic

Banned
715 posts
1,041 battles

Dear wows gurus ans santa.

What is the best way to try for her? I heard it was Santa crates but is it? which ones? School me please.

Thanks

Edited by JaysUsedBoatParts

[ARGSY]
Members
20,614 posts
14,686 battles

At this stage, you would be better off just grinding for the Yamato. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,352 posts
23,832 battles

Spend a [edited] on Santa Crates. 

One year I went crazy on Santa Crates, I had the money to spare, and it filled out my roster. Once your roster is full than you start pulling those ships because there is nothing else to pull.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

It's in the containers, but not only is there a low chance of getting a ship in the first place, different ships have different drop rates, as in, if you roll a ship, some ships are far more likely to drop than others. The Musashi is near the bottom, if not the bottom, of drop rates, with the other 8 'banned' premiums. In all reality you'd likely need to have the other *75* ships already in port before you have a chance at 1 of the 8 Banned Premiums. I know for me, in the last two years, that was the case; I didn't get the Nikolai, Gremy, or Kutz, the 3 'banned' I was missing, until I had *all* of the other possible ship drops.

[BUOY]
Members
1,052 posts
14,732 battles
15 minutes ago, JaysUsedBoatParts said:

What is the best way to try for her? I heard it was Santa crates but is it? which ones? School me please.

Thanks

Step 1. Hope WG offers the Armada pack this year and if they do, buy it to get every one of those ships out of the drop pool.

Alt Step 1 if no Armada. Bite the bullet and just buy all the ships at full price.

Step 2. If the Armada pack doesn't have ships like Alaska, buy them to get them out of the drop pool.

Step 3. Buy Santa boxes until you pull the Mushy.

And yes, all this will be very expensive to guarantee just one ship.

My recommendation is to just grind the Yamato.

Edited by lloyd1701

[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles
1 minute ago, JaysUsedBoatParts said:

Do you have too keep those ships too keep from getting duplicates or to get reimbursed to try again?

Yep!

[-1]
Members
728 posts
10,176 battles
22 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

At this stage, you would be better off just grinding for the Yamato. 

I have both; the main difference is that Musashi prints credits and Yama does not, even with permacamo and prem account (((

I have to admit though that I played only few ranked games in Yama so far.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
4 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

I have both; the main difference is that Musashi prints credits and Yama does not, even with permacamo and prem account (((

I have to admit though that I played only few ranked games in Yama so far.

There are other, more available ships that print credits. Most of the Coal ships do, as does the Prinz w/ the Camo.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,614 posts
14,686 battles
6 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

It depends on whether you're after the gameplay or the credit printing. If you want the gameplay, Yamato is your guaranteed ticket to Yamato-class battleship gameplay without spending money (at least if you got the Yamato permacamo from the HSF collection).

If you want the credit printing, there is always the Jean Bart.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,614 posts
14,686 battles
3 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

as does the Prinz w/ the Camo.

Wait, whut?

Is this the Prinz Eitel Friedrich we're talking about? Or the Eugen?

Must be the Eugen.:Smile_teethhappy:

[SRBL]
Members
491 posts
12,035 battles

Crazy thing is when I played as a Maskerado earlier in the year I did the Try Your Luck containers and got it on the first SC I pulled. 

It's a fun ship to have, I take the one in my account often, nothing funnier than blapping a T7 CA with this ship. 

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Wait, whut?

Is this the Prinz Eitel Friedrich we're talking about? Or the Eugen?

Must be the Eugen.:Smile_teethhappy:

The Prinz Eugen with the Eagle Camo generates Credits on a comparable (not equal, but comparable) level to the Missouri and is a far easier alternative insofar as acquisition.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,614 posts
14,686 battles
7 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

The Prinz Eugen with the Eagle Camo generates Credits on a comparable (not equal, but comparable) level to the Missouri and is a far easier alternative insofar as acquisition.

Is the Eagle camo freely available, though, or is it one of these rare, restricted things for which one must sacrifice the right number and category of virgin during a blood moon on a centenary leap year?

• Funny 1

[RVNHQ]
Members
261 posts
8,840 battles

I believe you can purchase the alternative Adler camo for Prinz Eugen for 3k dubs.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Is the Eagle camo freely available, though, or is it one of these rare, restricted things for which one must sacrifice the right number and category of virgin during a blood moon on a centenary leap year?

It's always available for purchase, on the ship itself (not in the Armory). And iirc the other High Credit Producing Camos have all been added to the Armory. And as mentioned, the Coal Ships like the Salem are also inherently very high earners, easily pulling a profit even on a T10 loss. I'm not entirely sure what the preoccupation with credit earning is in this game, as it seems hard to not continuously turn a staggering profit; I've got close to a billion and I do not make a particular effort.

Edited by _RC1138

[ARGSY]
Members
20,614 posts
14,686 battles
2 minutes ago, Beleaf_ said:

I believe you can purchase the alternative Adler camo for Prinz Eugen for 3k dubs.

Ah, yes.

I checked the bonuses. 10% to cash earnings.

I bought the special camos for Warspite and Shinonome that give +35% to earnings. They essentially wipe out your service costs and then some. Even in co-op, the earnings are impressive and they also give 100% rather than 50% ship XP bonus.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Ah, yes.

I checked the bonuses. 10% to cash earnings.

I bought the special camos for Warspite and Shinonome that give +35% to earnings. They essentially wipe out your service costs and then some. Even in co-op, the earnings are impressive and they also give 100% rather than 50% ship XP bonus.

Doesn't the Eagle Camo also reduce ship repair costs? Because that can often times increase earnings (by actual value) more than the credit boost. Also, as often it is forgotten, ships THEMSELVES have unique modifiers, hidden from players, on Credit earnings. Not all ships performing the same actions, at the same tier, earn the same credits. So that 10% boost on 1 ship may result in paltry real earnings compared to say a 5% boost on a ship with a much higher base earning.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,614 posts
14,686 battles
1 minute ago, _RC1138 said:

Doesn't the Eagle Camo also reduce ship repair costs? Because that can often times increase earnings (by actual value) more than the credit boost. Also, as often it is forgotten, ships THEMSELVES have unique modifiers, hidden from players, on Credit earnings. Not all ships performing the same actions, at the same tier, earn the same credits. So that 10% boost on 1 ship may result in paltry real earnings compared to say a 5% boost on a ship with a much higher base earning.

It does. Point about individual ship earnings noted; the Eugen may be blessed already in that regard, but I don't have one and at this time my hands are full with so many other recent premium purchases that I don't want any more. 

[IRNBN]
Members
3,477 posts
10,357 battles
1 hour ago, JaysUsedBoatParts said:

Thanks

It's easy.

1. Sell your house and your car.

2. Buy 6.022x10n23 Santa Megacrates.

3.???

4. Profit!

• Funny 2

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,991 posts
5,814 battles
45 minutes ago, Tom_Greg said:

It's a fun ship to have, I take the one in my account often, nothing funnier than blapping a T7 CA with this ship. 

I must disagree my good chap. Imho there is nothing nothing funnier in a Musashi then running into a Colorado, and watching him trying to run away from you. It happened to my Musashi once.

Imagine the Benny Hill theme tune, as you run the Colorado down and jam 18.1 inch shells up it's slow fat backside.

• Cool 1