BrushWolf

Movies and Television Shows that you can watch over and over and over.

17 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,624 posts
14,196 battles

Just what the title says, what shows and movies can you watch over and over and never get tired of them. For me The Original Star Trek's Balance of Terror, Babylong 5's Severed Dreams, Have Gun will Travel with Richard Boone, Gunsmoke, and almost every John Wane movie. What are yours?

[TBW]
Members
10,359 posts
17,632 battles

Excalibur, Star Wars, Star Trek, Gilligan's Island, Twilight Zone, National Geographic, Silverado.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,025 posts
22,709 battles

Ahh nice thread. For me it is comedic gold like "Fraiser" , "Last Man Standing", "Boston Legal", "Murphy Brown", and "Cybill" although the last two requires you to remember those days. I also will watch any of the Star Trek franchises save the new one, "Firefly", and "Farscape". Odd that you mention it but I have "Babylon 5" queued up to watch when I get the time next year. Another great tv show. 

Movies that I love to watch over and over are  "Shaun of the Dead", "Bubba Ho-Tep", "Aliens",  "Serenity", and "Galaxy Quest". Those are my top picks, there are herds of other titles I love. 

OMG I forgot "Stargate SG-1" and "Stargate Atlantis".. Someone needs to revoke my nerd card..... 

Edited by Taylor3006

[WORX]
Members
11,105 posts
18,735 battles

Deep space nine... Best Star Trak TV series in the franchise.

And boxing Documentaries like this one...

The rematch???? The rematch was a fraud.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,025 posts
22,709 battles
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

So underrated and yet one of the finest of the franchise. I was so in love with Nana Visitor too.......... 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,624 posts
14,196 battles
16 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

And boxing Documentaries like this one...

The rematch???? The rematch was a fraud.

I agree that DS 9 is the best of the Next Generation series but to me even with its flaws The Original Series is the best because of the reliance on acting over special effects that became more and more prevalent in the latter shows.

Ah, the sweet science. Although I think we need limits on how many matches a fighter can have in their career I enjoy the heck out of a well fought match. I hated Ali back in the day but came to realize just how good he was. This gif shows how good he was.

ali.gif

12 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

So underrated and yet one of the finest of the franchise. I was so in love with Nana Visitor too.......... 

So sexy and only a short second behind Nichelle Nichols/Uhura for making young men fall in love.

A favorite scene of Uhura, a bit older but still a beauty.

[RLGN]
Members
14,457 posts
25,582 battles

Tora Tora Tora, (every Dec 7th,) The Longest Day, They Were Expendable, Midway (Classic,) Midway, (New, probably, I’ve seen it three separate times with four different people.) Action in the North Atlantic, Father Goose, Operation Petticoat, Victory at Sea, various anime, and more regular shows...

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
4,441 posts
11,564 battles

In terms of TV shows - MASH (and yes, I have watched it over and over again), NCIS (although I kind of lost interest over the last few seasons, but the first ten or so I'll watch over and over), Star Trek TOS and TNG, Stargate SG-1, and on the lighter side shows like Fraiser and the Golden Girls.

Movies would definitely include the original Star Wars trilogy, the first few Harry Potter films (although I'll watch them all whenever Freeform has their HP marathons), Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Fiddler on the Roof, and for something newer/more serious, probably The King's Speech. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
6,531 posts
22,432 battles

Unbreakable trilogy/Aliens franchise (including vs Predators)/Tremors/Evil Dead franchise (including TV series)/Abyss directors cut (props to Cameron & whole crew for a film shoot that was so grueling the idea of an "Abyss II" was referred to as, "Son of Abyss").

Honorable mention top 5:

(1st 1 also Cameron) Avatar (would watch a bunch in a theater w/3D)/Rocky Horror (in theater w/audience only)/Nightmare Before Xmas (watch it once a year at Xmas but might as well just throw in all Burton)/

Oops...getting late...need to be up early for work...will finish (including TV choices) tomorrow.

[WOLF2]
Members
829 posts
19,196 battles

I watched this series when it originally on the SyFy network. With it's 4th season starting soon On Amazon Prime I signed up for the service a few months ago and have watched the whole series twice since then. This is one of my favorite scenes. 

The movie Them is my most watched movie since I first saw it in the early 1960s followed by original The Day The Earth Stood Still. 

[O_O]
Members
6,552 posts
15,556 battles

The original Magnum, P.I.

Seinfeld

Band of Brothers

Aliens

Raiders of the Lost Ark

13 Hours

Act of Valor

Beverly Hills Cop

...so many more.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,025 posts
22,709 battles
4 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

So sexy and only a short second behind Nichelle Nichols/Uhura for making young men fall in love.

A favorite scene of Uhura, a bit older but still a beauty.

Nichelle has always been stunningly beautiful but a woman of my mother's age so only had a crush on her when younger. Nana Visitor is my age so I know it is true love, she just doesn't know it yet!  

EDIT: just looked up Nana's age and she is just a touch older but I could make it work.. 

Edited by Taylor3006

Members
6,123 posts
7,471 battles
5 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

"Stargate SG-1" and "Stargate Atlantis"

I came here to comment exactly this. Excellent shows.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,624 posts
14,196 battles
7 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Nichelle has always been stunningly beautiful but a woman of my mother's age so only had a crush on her when younger. Nana Visitor is my age so I know it is true love, she just doesn't know it yet!  

EDIT: just looked up Nana's age and she is just a touch older but I could make it work.. 

You can still enjoy her beauty and she has aged well. Nana is two years younger than me and has also aged extremely well

5 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Murder on the Orient Express (With Finney/Connery)

THEM

Criminal Minds

CSI

Yeah, the Bacall/Bergman version is the best.

Never got into THEM

Criminal Minds is on one of the local broadcast channels a couple days a week and I usually catch a few episodes.

I am working through CSI Miami and CSI New York on Prime but for some reason they don't have the original show.