You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kizarvexis

PSA 8.11 Snowflakes, Dockyard, Directives, Collection, Puerto Rico

671 comments in this topic

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,801 posts

This post is VERY helpful and clearly conveys the needed information.  Thanks for your time covering this event Kiz.  I am sure your work is appreciated by many and I will for sure use this as guide as the information is filtered in when the event starts.

• Cool 2

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
1,016 posts
12,381 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

This post is VERY helpful and clearly conveys the needed informtion.  Thanks for your time covering this event Kiz.  I am sure your work is appreciated by many and I will for sure use this a guide a the information is filtered in when the event starts.

Yo Kiz, as above, great info.

Minor point, but I always figured  that only Santa and his Reindeer 'Blew Off' snowflakes. lol.

• Funny 1

[WOLF8]
Members
7,403 posts
6,312 battles

Well done. This was very informative. :Smile_great:

If there's one thing I'd like to take a note, it's...

58 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

NOTE: Premiums ships are a rare drop. You may buy/earn many containers and not get a premium ship. Only buy containers if you are happy with the least of the rewards in the container.

NOTE: Premiums ships are a rare drop. You may buy/earn many containers and not get a premium ship. Only buy containers if you are happy with the least of the rewards in the container.

I can't emphasize enough on how important this is. And yet, please mark my words, we will still see some people whining about their RNG pulls from the crates... lol.

• Cool 4

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,025 posts
22,709 battles
23 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

I can't emphasize enough on how important this is. And yet, please mark my words, we will still see some people whining about their RNG pulls from the crates... lol.

So what you are saying is there is a chance of getting a ship? 

sorry couldn't resist the "Dumb & Dumber" reference. 

• Cool 3

[POP]
Members
4,441 posts
11,564 battles
18 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

So what you are saying is there is a chance of getting a ship? 

sorry couldn't resist the "Dumb & Dumber" reference. 

Hey, at least the chances of getting a ship is higher than the chances of Queen Elizabeth getting elected president of the US

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Cool 1

[SHAN]
Beta Testers
445 posts

I am curious why they put the cut off for snowflakes at tier 5. Last year premiums below tier 5 had snowflakes on them.

Cirran

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
1,016 posts
12,381 battles
10 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Hey, at least the chances of getting a ship is higher than the chances of Queen Elizabeth getting elected president of the US

I dunno, I wouldn't take bets on that one! lol

• Funny 1

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,085 posts
3,983 battles

Thanks, Kiz...look forward to seeing the final figures drop for the shipbuilding grind.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
4,441 posts
11,564 battles
9 minutes ago, Cirran said:

I am curious why they put the cut off for snowflakes at tier 5. Last year premiums below tier 5 had snowflakes on them.

Cirran

Probably to discourage 'seal clubbing' with the t2-4 premiums, at least in part.

[PVE]
Members
19,850 posts
12,029 battles
2 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Well done. This was very informative. :Smile_great:

If there's one thing I'd like to take a note, it's...

:Smile_teethhappy:

:Smile_honoring:

[ARGSY]
Members
20,570 posts
14,686 battles

I will, of course, shamelessly steal the directive list for my own analysis of how to complete them (just try and stop me, MUAHAHAHAHAAA!!!), but your whole-event analysis is going to be the more valuable by far.

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,512 posts
6,676 battles

tenor.gif?itemid=9714798

• Funny 4

[EQRN]
Members
2,052 posts
17,819 battles

I’ve been looking at the T6 campaign, and I think those 2 camo images refer to T8 mount-able camos - not the T6 ships they’re pasted over.  I hope there are winter perma camos with the ships, they’re one of the few perma camos of recent that I like.

[GRAVE]
Members
1,296 posts
19,010 battles
9 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I’ve been looking at the T6 campaign, and I think those 2 camo images refer to T8 mount-able camos - not the T6 ships they’re pasted over.  I hope there are winter perma camos with the ships, they’re one of the few perma camos of recent that I like.

Nope, the perma camos that come with Izmail and Trento are T8 New Year linkable camos. I'm not exactly sure why there're not giving out perma camos for those four ships, and any excuse of Guepard and Trento got their own national camos is irrelevant because Furious and Izmail didn't get one.

[FORM]
Members
173 posts
1,392 battles

Thanks for all that info! +1

There was a breakdown somewhere that looked like an excel doc (I can't find it now) that shows how long (with boosts) the PR building takes and when it would be completed, etc. Any chance someone has a link to that? Thanks.

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
820 posts
7,294 battles

On the 8.11 update video that WG rolled out, I noticed that the total construction points for Puerto Rico was 51,300,000. Doubloon boosters cost 1,000 but that is likely screen grabs from the play test server. 

But I did see the construction points required at 51.3M, which is higher than what was on the PTS I believe. 

3:36 in the video:

[PVE]
Members
19,850 posts
12,029 battles
1 hour ago, Arctander2 said:

Thanks for all that info! +1

There was a breakdown somewhere that looked like an excel doc (I can't find it now) that shows how long (with boosts) the PR building takes and when it would be completed, etc. Any chance someone has a link to that? Thanks.

I did some in the PTS preview thread, but since the live server times have changed, it's no longer valid. It was using PTS numbers and they may have changed.