You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HorrorRoach

Santa Mega crate discrepancy NA vs EU? 5,000 doubloons for EU but not NA

21 comments in this topic

[BS]
Members
1,980 posts
10,887 battles

Looking at the NA news article about Santa crates, the Mega crate section doesn't say anything about 5,000 doubloons being a possible drop. But I just noticed:

https://www.wows-gamer-blog.com/2019/12/santa-containers-2019.html?fbclid=IwAR2C4Htvry5SPwCMRr10dStuOT-mUBzv0DKujwG9eTWIZvS6Wc_fP0JdPVM

From an EU guy on wows-gamers-blog on Facebook:

image.thumb.png.854fbbd9a1fecce1f4a1ae19fa2d5b09.png

Really? People like me who have almost every ship, won't have a chance to draw 5,000 doubloons after we've gotten the last couple ships we don't have, but EU people will?

EJ

• Boring 1

[BS]
Members
1,980 posts
10,887 battles

Russian maybe? IDK, could be false somehow. Maybe they got rid of the 5,000 doubloons at the last minute. I sent him a message asking where he got that, we'll see.

[-KAK-]
Members
596 posts
11,142 battles
12 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

Russian maybe? IDK, could be false somehow. Maybe they got rid of the 5,000 doubloons at the last minute. I sent him a message asking where he got that, we'll see.

Just checked the russian site, it seems to say the same thing as EU & NA. 

I'm with the rest of you, I'd say that WG had planned to do one thing, then changed their mind close to the last minute.

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,436 posts
9,962 battles
13 minutes ago, TheOmegaDuck said:

Just checked the russian site, it seems to say the same thing as EU & NA. 

I'm with the rest of you, I'd say that WG had planned to do one thing, then changed their mind close to the last minute.

Translation:  They pulled a scrooge on Christmas, nice.  Looking at that PR grind to boot, well...

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,025 posts
22,705 battles

Ehh they have been nerfing crate prizes for a while, is one reason I haven't bought them in years. Besides this time around I am horrified by the idea I could get a premium carrier or more premium time. I do feel sorry for those people who drop $5 on a Mega Santa Gift and get just 5 one use camos for their money. All in all the crates are super simple to ignore. Just farm the free ones and be happy with those. Wargaming has seen fit to make it really easy not to spend money this time around. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
19,850 posts
12,029 battles
1 hour ago, HorrorRoach said:

Looking at the NA news article about Santa crates, the Mega crate section doesn't say anything about 5,000 doubloons being a possible drop. But I just noticed:

https://www.wows-gamer-blog.com/2019/12/santa-containers-2019.html?fbclid=IwAR2C4Htvry5SPwCMRr10dStuOT-mUBzv0DKujwG9eTWIZvS6Wc_fP0JdPVM

From an EU guy on wows-gamers-blog on Facebook:

image.thumb.png.854fbbd9a1fecce1f4a1ae19fa2d5b09.png

Really? People like me who have almost every ship, won't have a chance to draw 5,000 doubloons after we've gotten the last couple ships we don't have, but EU people will?

EJ

1 hour ago, Rollingonit said:

Where is that blog getting his info from? 

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/new-year-2020-event/

Pulled from wows.eu

mew.jpg

Yeah, go with the NA WG article. That gamer blog stuff came out last week and was taken down right quick.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/new-year-2020-event/

[ARGSY]
Members
20,545 posts
14,665 battles
10 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

That gamer blog stuff came out last week and was taken down right quick.

I'm surprised the gamer blog itself doesn't get taken down right quick. Maybe they'll learn what happens when they're too quick with the scoop.

[PVE]
Members
19,850 posts
12,029 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm surprised the gamer blog itself doesn't get taken down right quick. Maybe they'll learn what happens when they're too quick with the scoop.

Especially since their scoop wasn't all correct.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,545 posts
14,665 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

Especially since their scoop wasn't all correct.

That was exactly my point.

Speaking of scoops being early or late, my Wednesday night is going to be hell IRL. You might not see a tactical analysis out of me until at least Thursday.

[PVE]
Members
19,850 posts
12,029 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Speaking of scoops being early or late, my Wednesday night is going to be hell IRL. You might not see a tactical analysis out of me until at least Thursday.

I'm up early tomorrow to start gathering numbers. I may not play at all tomorrow.

• Cool 1

[IRNBN]
Members
3,475 posts
10,320 battles
40 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Chemotherapy, colonoscopy, or in-laws visiting?

I got 2 of 3 going on and still manage bot stomp or two. :Smile_teethhappy:

[PVE]
Members
19,850 posts
12,029 battles
19 minutes ago, TF77 said:

I got 2 of 3 going on and still manage bot stomp or two. :Smile_teethhappy:

I hope it is the last two.

[IRNBN]
Members
3,475 posts
10,320 battles

I hope it is the last two.

I wish. Infusions this week on top of in-laws and their :etc_swear: screaming brats on top of it.

It's a real gamer who can Main Tank an epic raid in EQ2 and still hit the barf pail between the legs at the same time! :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,545 posts
14,665 battles
26 minutes ago, TF77 said:

Children's Christmas concerts and being obliged to go see Frozen II:Smile_teethhappy:

1 minute ago, TF77 said:

It's a real gamer who can Main Tank an epic raid in EQ2 and still hit the barf pail between the legs at the same time!

Oh dear. At least you won't have a camera up your behind while you're doing all this.

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
19,850 posts
12,029 battles
3 minutes ago, TF77 said:

I wish. Infusions this week on top of in-laws and their :etc_swear: screaming brats on top of it.

It's a real gamer who can Main Tank an epic raid in EQ2 and still hit the barf pail between the legs at the same time! :Smile_teethhappy:

Aww, so sorry to hear that. Prayers for healing and comfort for you and your family in this trying time.

Mad skillz tho. :Smile_honoring:

Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Children's Christmas concerts and being obliged to go see Frozen II:Smile_teethhappy:

:Smile_teethhappy:

[IRNBN]
Members
3,475 posts
10,320 battles

Aww, so sorry to hear that. Prayers for healing and comfort for you and your family in this trying time.

Thanks. I'm holding my own. Wife says the only reason not dead yet is Hell doesn't need two Satans. :Smile_teethhappy:

[PVE]
Members
19,850 posts
12,029 battles
1 minute ago, TF77 said:

Thanks. I'm holding my own. Wife says the only reason not dead yet is Hell doesn't need two Satans. :Smile_teethhappy:

:Smile_teethhappy: :Smile_honoring:

[DVYJC]
Members
3,205 posts
7,083 battles
27 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Oh dear. At least you won't have a camera up your behind while you're doing all this.

Can't we just ask Wargaming if they found any polyps while they were up there?

I actually went and saw Frozen II of my own free will and rather enjoyed it, but then, I enjoyed the first one the first time I saw it, it was only after 86 successive viewings that I started to hate it. Oddly my daughter never suffered that same phenomenon.

• Funny 1