You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SerahKhan

Thak you WG; 1x Positive and 1 Negative; I am Saving 1,500$ This Year

74 comments in this topic

[90THB]
Members
433 posts
10,974 battles

Hi WG and all

Thank you for all the wonderful stuff we got on Anniversary, and this Xmas Event

That is the Positive, and it is a BIG One..

===

However, the Negative now..

No Armada bundle for 2019; I saved 1,000 $ but did not get new ships, and /or many Doubloons for my Duplicates... so Great for me, not for you, I spent 0$...

2nd

This ^ above

I would have spent another 500$ or so for Xmas crates, but since if I have the ships, I get another (very inferior) prize, I will NOT be buying many crates this Year..

I am sure you have decided to monetize differently this Year, but I guarantee you are going to leave a LOT of money on the table, unspent by Whales, like me ...

I was Ready to spend a fortune this Xmas, now Ill spend it somewhere esle, maybe [edited] oir something else, like the Steam Sale or something

Thanks ! (I guess.....)

Take care

Jean

A Mega-Huge Whale... SAVING A FORTUNE NOT SPENT AT WG THIS YEAR...

Edited by SerahKhan
Typos
  • Cool 10
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 8

Members
566 posts
255 battles

if missouri comes back for a day i'll spend whatever it takes to get it. i could have got missouri when i started playing for $200 and grinding like hell and i didn't and i regret it. i have never spent a $.01, a one time clanmate bought me the gas can. respect.

• Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[POP]
Members
4,441 posts
11,564 battles

Regarding the armada bundle, the last two years it wasn’t announced until a few days after the patch and closer to Christmas, so I wouldn’t assume it’s not happening until there’s an official statement from WG saying so. 

For the Santa crates, I know many people the last two years bought more crates even after getting all the ships they wanted or could because of the doubloon compensation. Since I’m betting a large number of people buying high numbers of them were players that were going partly for the doubloons, I wouldn’t be surprised if this year their sales for crates drop quite a bit. You’ll have newer players buying them for sure since they probably don’t have a whole lot of the ships on the list, but most of the people last year at least that went hunting for the rare ships and doubloons were older players. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,025 posts
22,709 battles

I have been skipping buying crates for the past couple of years because they have been kind of crap. If you look at the prizes included besides the ships, you can get either 180 days of premium time (really nice) OR you could get 5 one use camos (seriously?). Granted those are just two of the options of a Mega Santa crate but think it is really stupid that Wargaming believes these two rewards are even remotely equal ..  For the past few years this has become pretty standard fare with loot crates so I just don't bother with them. Remember if you are not happy with the least reward in a crate, then they are NOT worth spending money on. Every year the forum is filled with complaints about the crap you get for the money spent so be forewarned. 

Farm the free ones and keep your money in your pocket unless you want to spend $5 for five, one use camos. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 4

[90THB]
Members
433 posts
10,974 battles
9 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Regarding the armada bundle, the last two years it wasn’t announced until a few days after the patch and closer to Christmas, so I wouldn’t assume it’s not happening until there’s an official statement from WG saying so. 

For the Santa crates, I know many people the last two years bought more crates even after getting all the ships they wanted or could because of the doubloon compensation. Since I’m betting a large number of people buying high numbers of them were players that were going partly for the doubloons, I wouldn’t be surprised if this year their sales for crates drop quite a bit. You’ll have newer players buying them for sure since they probably don’t have a whole lot of the ships on the list, but most of the people last year at least that went hunting for the rare ships and doubloons were older players. 

Armada bundle was Black Friday Last Year

I know , because I bought it

When Xmas came around I got Xmas Crates , and all the rare ships dropped for me, incl Missouri

The rest was good stuff like dubs..

This Year. they "lose" a fortune from me, Im barely spending anything, as I indicated above..

regards

Jean

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,801 posts

Little early to call the armada thing.  Christmas is still 16 days away.  Maybe it isn't coming but WG hasn't said so.

[90THB]
Members
433 posts
10,974 battles

hahaha no.

Nothing to spend it on :)   (of Value, compared to Last Year) ...

Love it!

Thank you

Edited by SerahKhan
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[KAPPA]
Members
3,115 posts
8,342 battles

Yeah... Reminds me of myself last year. The best part of the Haloween containers was the duplicate skin doubloons. So nice, in fact, that I bought 2 full-size bundles.

• Cool 1

Members
566 posts
255 battles

i think the point is not that each crate is worth the price, but that people (are supposed to) fish for crates with more valuable rewards than the cost. not sure that makes sense as far as maximizing revenue, but that's my gut vs. weegee's marking data. i collect bronze pennies because they have scrap metal value. not sure how to value pixels though. if wg would just sell missouri for a dollar amount i'd probably buy it because free acount, hard to farm silver. not gonna do santa crates though. with my luck i could drop $2k and never get it. not even gonna try.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,025 posts
22,709 battles
2 minutes ago, throwawayforumalt said:

i think the point is not that each crate is worth the price, but that people (are supposed to) fish for crates with more valuable rewards than the cost. not sure that makes sense as far as maximizing revenue, but that's my gut vs. weegee's marking data. i collect bronze pennies because they have scrap metal value. not sure how to value pixels though. if wg would just sell missouri for a dollar amount i'd probably buy it because free acount, hard to farm silver. not gonna do santa crates though. with my luck i could drop $2k and never get it. not even gonna try.

No doubt this is the idea behind them. What I find truly offensive is that the crates, in order to not qualify as gambling, need to give you the value of your money no matter what the outcome. Five, one use camos are not worth five dollars no matter what Wargaming believes. It is this kind of behavior I find abhorrent and is one reason I welcome government regulation into the game industry since they seem incapable of doing the right thing on their own. 

• Cool 7

[_SMS_]
Members
936 posts
4,341 battles
8 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Five, one use camos are not worth five dollars no matter what Wargaming believes.

You can sell the camo. If you get more silver for that sale than you can buy for $1 it is worth more than a dollar.  Unfortunately WG wins again.  

Members
566 posts
255 battles
8 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

No doubt this is the idea behind them. What I find truly offensive is that the crates, in order to not qualify as gambling, need to give you the value of your money no matter what the outcome. Five, one use camos are not worth five dollars no matter what Wargaming believes. It is this kind of behavior I find abhorrent and is one reason I welcome government regulation into the game industry since they seem incapable of doing the right thing on their own. 

maybe so but what is the value according to who. and who enforces that. gambling by any other name would flop as hard. people will spend more to chase a prize than they would spend on the prize, apparently. the last i heard companies had to disclose drop rates from random (paid) containers. i'm sure wg thinks their consumable camos are worth more than gold. some may see it differently.

[CAP]
Members
344 posts
15,423 battles
1 hour ago, throwawayforumalt said:

if missouri comes back for a day i'll spend whatever it takes to get it. i could have got missouri when i started playing for $200 and grinding like hell and i didn't and i regret it. i have never spent a $.01, a one time clanmate bought me the gas can. respect.

well, Missouri is on the list for Santa crates so lucky you. :)

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,900 posts
4,605 battles
1 hour ago, SerahKhan said:

Hi WG and all

Thank you for all the wonderful stuff we got on Anniversary, and this Xmas Event

That is the Positive, and it is a BIG One..

===

However, the Negative now..

No Armada bundle for 2019; I saved 1,000 $ but did not get new ships, and /or many Doubloons for my Duplicates... so Great for me, not for you, I spent 0$...

2nd

This ^ above

I would have spent another 500$ or so for Xmas crates, but since if I have the ships, I get another (very inferior) prize, I will NOT be buying many crates this Year..

I am sure you have decided to monetize differently this Year, but I guarantee you are going to leave a LOT of money on the table, unspent by Whales, like me ...

I was Ready to spend a fortune this Xmas, now Ill spend it somewhere esle, maybe [edited] oir something else, like the Steam Sale or something

Thanks ! (I guess.....)

Take care

Jean

A Mega-Huge Whale... SAVING A FORTUNE NOT SPENT AT WG THIS YEAR...

Why not buy a new car lease or something instead of spending it on video games in the first place? Or better yet a new 80 inch tv or save it for PlayStation 5 coming out next year. Or maybe buy a whole lot of your favorite alcohol beverage. Or take your family out to eat see many alternatives 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[CAP]
Members
344 posts
15,423 battles

I'm certainly not going to be going crazy this year on Santa crates.  The only ships I don't have are 2 fairly blah ships (Ark Royal and VC) which are hardly worth the risk of winning.  Also no incentive to buy a bunch since after I get the 2 bad boats I don't have, I'll get some more camos to sell. Great.

Give me Steel if I have all the other ships on the list and I'll reconsider. :) 

• Cool 1

[BS]
Members
1,980 posts
10,890 battles

https://www.wows-gamer-blog.com/2019/12/santa-containers-2019.html?fbclid=IwAR0w5rPisaspTpgrxQiqM1g4GOyzNny0unrIu2stgS4pPUvTADs1dM5mG7g

Why does this say you get 5,000 doubloons? I hope it's not from a different server, that'd irritate me. Giving NA customers less for their money wouldn't even surprise me though.

Or did they realize their mistake and change it for all servers?

Edit: Oh no, it's from an EU poster. Crap, this might be controversial when people find out.

image.thumb.png.854fbbd9a1fecce1f4a1ae19fa2d5b09.png

Edited by HorrorRoach
  • Cool 1

Members
566 posts
255 battles

it says 'or' 5,000 dubs. i would guess that doesn't happen often. in your case, probably ever.

edit: i have 0 interest in playing any of the listed ships except missouri. pass. don't even want them in my port, scrolling through my tech tree ships every battle is annoying enough

Edited by throwawayforumalt
more qq
  • Funny 1

[TARK]
Members
6,908 posts
2,609 battles

IMO, buying crates is a dumb way to go about purchasing things in this game.

WG can think a camo is worth several dollars...but I disagree, and my valuation is just as valid as WGs...this being a market price discussion after all.

If WG were to offer content at a price I am willing to pay...I'd purchase.

I'm still free2play.

Shrug.

• Cool 2

Members
566 posts
255 battles

☝️ this. if wg could get enough people playing, they could make $$$ on $.05 a camo. since supply is free and unlimited. as it is, only hardcore neckbeard gamers can stand this game. if this was my first video game, i'd probably pawn my laptop.

• Boring 1

[PQUOD]
Members
2,386 posts
5,096 battles
47 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Well said.

[BS]
Members
1,980 posts
10,890 battles
10 minutes ago, throwawayforumalt said:

it says 'or' 5,000 dubs. i would guess that doesn't happen often. in your case, probably ever.

edit: i have 0 interest in playing any of the listed ships except missouri. pass. don't even want them in my port, scrolling through my tech tree ships every battle is annoying enough

before you assume: