You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Starzfan

PVE, remove capping option

66 comments in this topic

[AWLVS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
134 posts
3,147 battles

WOWS needs to remove the option to cap to win in PVE mode.   It is absurd that people trying to earn capping ribbons come to PVE battles and do nothing but cap, ruining the game for all the other players.  In my last battle, someone capped leaving our full team alive and the enemy team with 3 battleships still alive.  It is absurd that all the rest of the players on the team should be denied their chance to do battle, earn credits and earn experience simply because someone is wanting to earn capture ribbons.  PVE battles should all be  kill or be killed battles.  Playing against computer controlled ships who do not think logically and do not react to changing map situations as humans do should eliminate the need for capping all together.  95% of the time, the human team is going to win simply be destroying all of the AI ships anyway.  In those rare occasions where the "human" team loses, so be it but this total [edited] of people capping and leaving half of the enemy team alive has got to stop. It makes playing these battles an absolute waste of time.  I make this post because this has been happening more and more costing us players more and more and making folks not want to even play.  People say the PVE mode is easy anyway so why should there even be a need to cap?  There shouldnt.  If you leave the capping option in leave it only for the AI ships, requiring the human players to respond to a ship on their cap to defend it because you know good and well that the AI ships will not return to defend their base if it is captured.   You folks really need to do a lot of work on the PVE mode.  I mean, wow, you added one more ship to each team in the last update. Do you realize what kind of difference that has made in battles? None.   Make some substantive changes that actually make a difference in how the mode runs.  12 ships per team would be nice, and, of course, remove this stupid capping option that is ruining this game mode.  This is supposed to be a battle game, not a race to a base.  Turn it into the fighting game is it supposed to be. Attached is an example of what I am referring to. If you will not remove the capping option at least make it take much longer for a team to cap the enemies base so that those of us who came to battle will have time to do so.  Something needs to change. 

Screen Shot 12-09-19 at 08.51 PM.JPG

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Confused 3
  • Boring 12

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,521 battles
8 minutes ago, Starzfan said:

Something needs to change. 

Yes it does! That would be a halt to the sniveling whining about this!

• Cool 12
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
19,850 posts
12,029 battles
9 minutes ago, Starzfan said:

WOWS needs to remove the option to cap to win in PVE mode.   It is absurd that people trying to earn capping ribbons come to PVE battles and do nothing but cap, ruining the game for all the other players.  In my last battle, someone capped leaving our full team alive and the enemy team with 3 battleships still alive.  It is absurd that all the rest of the players on the team should be denied their chance to do battle, earn credits and earn experience simply because someone is wanting to earn capture ribbons.  PVE battles should all be  kill or be killed battles.  Playing against computer controlled ships who do not think logically and do not react to changing map situations as humans do should eliminate the need for capping all together.  95% of the time, the human team is going to win simply be destroying all of the AI ships anyway.  In those rare occasions where the "human" team loses, so be it but this total [edited] of people capping and leaving half of the enemy team alive has got to stop. It makes playing these battles an absolute waste of time.  I make this post because this has been happening more and more costing us players more and more and making folks not want to even play.  People say the PVE mode is easy anyway so why should there even be a need to cap?  There shouldnt.  If you leave the capping option in leave it only for the AI ships, requiring the human players to respond to a ship on their cap to defend it because you know good and well that the AI ships will not return to defend their base if it is captured.   You folks really need to do a lot of work on the PVE mode.  I mean, wow, you added one more ship to each team in the last update. Do you realize what kind of difference that has made in battles? None.   Make some substantive changes that actually make a difference in how the mode runs.  12 ships per team would be nice, and, of course, remove this stupid capping option that is ruining this game mode.  This is supposed to be a battle game, not a race to a base.  Turn it into the fighting game is it supposed to be. Attached is an example of what I am referring to. If you will not remove the capping option at least make it take much longer for a team to cap the enemies base so that those of us who came to battle will have time to do so.  Something needs to change. 

No

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
1,459 posts
39,757 battles
10 minutes ago, Starzfan said:

No 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
4,425 posts
19,305 battles
10 minutes ago, Starzfan said:

No.  If anything needs to go it's the Mercy Rule....  Geeze.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,025 posts
22,709 battles

The capping had nothing to do with the win. No one on your team died, you killed all but three of the bots, the game will end........... It happens like this in almost every game. Capping points accrue so slowly that it does not matter in winning, but makes a gigantic difference in your score. If you want to kill all the bots, let your team mates die. That will extend the game. 

BTW this is often why battleships score on the bottom of the board, well them and carriers. You need fast ships, with fast firing guns to get the big numbers. Torpedoes are a huge help too. If you want to play BBs or battle cruisers, you must sail straight at the bots full speed and fight them, no dilly dallying around in the back, no fiddling around but get in their faces and blast them at point blank range. You will eat torpedoes often enough, but with the right BB/BC, you can do well.

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 3

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,624 posts
14,196 battles
1 minute ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Yes it does! That would be a halt to the sniveling whining about this!

It would be replaced with whining about long matches for little experience. One of the benefits of co-op is you can actually earn experience faster than in randoms because of the short matches

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[WOLF3]
Members
27,512 posts
24,067 battles

Capping isn't the issue.

It's the Mercy Rule going into effect because the bot team gets reduced to 0 points so quickly.  Capping has nothing to do with that.

• Cool 3

Members
1,072 posts
12 minutes ago, Starzfan said:

No.

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
3,134 posts
13,511 battles
22 minutes ago, Starzfan said:

Something needs to change.

Yes, it’s called growing up.

I wonder where you Kings of Co-op will go when you need to get some cap ribbons yourselves.

• Confused 2
  • Boring 4

[TBW]
Members
10,362 posts
17,639 battles
23 minutes ago, Starzfan said:

If you want the battle to last, you need to let the bots get a cap and get some points, or it just ends when enough ship kill points are taken from the enemy.

[TBW]
Members
10,362 posts
17,639 battles
1 minute ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

I wonder where you Kings of Co-op will go when you need to get some cap ribbons yourselves

Ranked of course.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[HINON]
Members
4,018 posts
4,702 battles
15 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

It happens like this in almost every game

Even in the PVP, most games will end if a team destroys all but three of the enemy without losing a single ship.

[DBRIS]
Members
638 posts
11,388 battles
40 minutes ago, Starzfan said:

Ummmm, No. Get a faster bote.

[PVE]
Members
6,534 posts
22,432 battles
33 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

This IS the mercy rule...his team didn't win by scoring 1000 points 1st...it won by taking out enough ships (6 w/out losing any to be precise) to reduce the bots to zero points.

OP is just confused into thinking capping had anything to do w/it...the game ended & w/out looking at the score he blamed capping.

[RLGN]
Members
14,458 posts
25,590 battles
2 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

I wonder where you Kings of Co-op will go when you need to get some cap ribbons yourselves.

I got three of the five I needed recently, brawling in caps with an Ark Royal.

So I guess I'll get them in Co-op?

Or Randoms, since I play both about 50/50 anyway.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[SQUAD]
Members
9,159 posts
11,191 battles
3 hours ago, Starzfan said:

Please tell me that wall of text is actually a joke, that you aren't serious. I'm begging you.

Members
3,097 posts
12,268 battles
4 hours ago, Starzfan said:

This is supposed to be a battle game, not a race to a base.  Turn it into the fighting game is it supposed to be.

If you want a real fighting game, you are playing a wrong mode, co-op is just a pretty looking Whac-A-Mole that does not fight back.

• Boring 3

[TBF]
Members
58 posts
1,547 battles

A game is a game no matter what, or how it ends.

Someone caps, game ends.  Kill all ships, game ends.  Same result after in picking a ship and hitting battle. 

[IRNBN]
Members
3,477 posts
10,357 battles
7 hours ago, Starzfan said:

No.

[A-D-F]
Members
2,094 posts
7,603 battles
7 hours ago, Starzfan said:

No.

• Cool 1

[USCC]
Members
3,010 posts
13,776 battles

Yes something needs to change, but capping is important at times, so no, and double no to that idea.

• Funny 1

[A-D-F]
Members
2,094 posts
7,603 battles
7 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Yes, it’s called growing up.

You may refer to me as "Your Royal Highness"....

2DC48E9F00000578-0-image-m-69_1445802009

or Steve.  :Smile_trollface:

[SALVO]
Members
25,035 posts
26,378 battles
7 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

Asym, that's what he's talking about even though he never used the words "mercy rule".