Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
StormSurgeAlpha

Unlisted WOWS Replay Videos

4 comments in this topic

Members
91 posts
18,827 battles

I occasionally upload a good replay to https://replayswows.com/. Without necessarily submitting them for competition, I've noticed some of my uploads get converted into a video on YouTube hosted on the WOWS Replay Channel. However, when I watch the video from YouTube, I notice the videos are marked as "Unlisted". So, the videos are there but hidden so no one perusing the Channel will see it as available content to watch.

So, what does it mean that a member of the WG staff converted my replay file to a replay video but left it unlisted so the public can't see it unless they happen to find it via the replaywows.com website? 

[WORX]
Members
11,116 posts
18,750 battles

This is like the meaning of life question.... It says to me, you're to curious for your own good...

Why do you care about it??? You put up a  replay on a public site but yet,  you dont want it found somewhere else.... To me, its ironic...

If some other site chooses for its content to be private then it is what it is... Not everyone is going to be like you..

• Boring 1

Members
91 posts
18,827 battles

Yes, I am curious. I'm curious why WG would choose to convert my replay file and host it on their YT channel but leave it unlisted so no one can see it there.

I put it up on the replywows site because I think others might enjoy seeing it. For it to be converted into a replay file and placed on YouTube by WG implies that my replay was somewhat exemplary, a video WG would like to promote. So, yeah, I wonder why they would leave it unlisted after going to the trouble of converting it to a video and hosting on their YT replay channel.

[POP]
Members
4,446 posts
11,577 battles

As far as I can recall, replays WoWS isn’t actually run by WG. The people that run the site will occasionally record some of the replays to put up on the replay page but they keep them unlisted on the channel since the purpose of the YouTube channel is to host unlisted videos to add to the relavent replay listing. 

Sign in to follow this