You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Old_Baldy_One

PSA - Free Captain Respecs (Clan Battle Clans only)

56 comments in this topic

Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

Lasts 6 days so get those respecs in while the getting is good.

Note:  Must have played at least 1 Clan Battle this season.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,832 posts

Well there are a few captains in my fleet who will be taking advantage of this due to certain AA skills getting borked by the rework and never really fixed.

[RLGN]
Members
14,484 posts
25,685 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Oh. 

Well, nevermind.

Never been in a clan where I participated in CB any way.

Got kicked out of my first Clan because I refused to.

Members
156 posts
2,940 battles

Honestly, CB is probably the most fun you cam have in WoWs if you have reliable clan members to play with. I don't like t10, but actually coordinating as a team is fun.

Thanks for the respec. This is gpod for multiple captains right? 1 respec or unlimited per captain? Been thinking of switching around some builds that aren't really working out.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,205 posts
17 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

My clan only has three active members. I've talked to one of them maybe twice in three years.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,090 posts
26,474 battles
25 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Prophet, if you want to get regular free Captain's respecs, just fight ONE frickin' clan battle.   That's a pretty damned low hurdle to meet.

[-AGW-]
Members
983 posts
14,069 battles

Can we have proforma clan battles for clans who don't want to battle? None of us are really into this clan ethic in any way...

Members
566 posts
255 battles

the first clan i was in, alaska mercenaries, i tried clan battles. and people in that clan didn't follow the strategy we were using. said it was a dumb strat so they rambo'd. only strat worse than a bad strat is one that half the team follows and half doesn't.

the clan i'm in now, no one has said anything in clan chat in about a month.

[RLGN]
Members
14,484 posts
25,685 battles
10 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Prophet, if you want to get regular free Captain's respecs, just fight ONE frickin' clan battle.   That's a pretty damned low hurdle to meet.

Maybe.

Things that happened in Tanks made me extremely disinterested in anything related to clans.

Someone a year or two ago convinced me not to dislike this like I used to, but it was still a year or more before I joined one.

CB sounded too much like Ranked to me, so that was a huge turn off. Team Speak never working for me, (it actually never has,) was my excuse for not participating in my first clan.

My current clan doesn't require that I do; but like @Snargfargle said about his clan; we have so few regularly active players anyway, I doubt we could.

[HRVAT]
Members
1,674 posts
12,556 battles
2 hours ago, Femennenly said:

It should be noted this is for those who played at least 1 clan battle.

Fem,

Good way to f**k 98 % of you player base.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[HRVAT]
Members
1,674 posts
12,556 battles
21 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Tell this to the people ( most ) not in a clan that does clan battle ( where you need entire team to do )

[P-V-E]
Members
1,508 posts

I am still waiting to respec commanders from ALL the changes this year relating to CV etc, unfortunately IRL work etc has caused me to be away when and if they have happened.

its about time WG had "tokens" for reset that get added to your a/c, that you can "consume" that grant 24h to reset all commanders (it could also be something sold in the shop too).

as some of use have NO interest in clan battles, especially not until ALL mods of ANY description are prohibited from CB and is played using a vanilla game in pure mode on a level playing field.

[SALVO]
Members
25,090 posts
26,474 battles
19 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

Good way to f**k 98 % of you player base.

The people doing clan battles are the ones who have needed to do respecs because CVs aren't in CBs, but are in randoms.  If you're not doing CBs, then you don't have this apparent need.

15 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

Tell this to the people ( most ) not in a clan that does clan battle ( where you need entire team to do )

They have every chance to join a clan, and that clan has every chance to do a minimal number of CBs if only to allow their members to get free respecs.  If you refuse to do CBs, even knowing that playing even one CB will allow you to free respecs from time to time, the problem's on you, not WG.

24 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Maybe.

Things that happened in Tanks made me extremely disinterested in anything related to clans.

Someone a year or two ago convinced me not to dislike this like I used to, but it was still a year or more before I joined one.

CB sounded too much like Ranked to me, so that was a huge turn off. Team Speak never working for me, (it actually never has,) was my excuse for not participating in my first clan.

My current clan doesn't require that I do; but like @Snargfargle said about his clan; we have so few regularly active players anyway, I doubt we could.

Prophet, if you and your clan's only goal in CBs is to get in a single battle for everyone who wants free respecs, then it shouldn't matter if you have team speak or not.  You could use the internal voice chat or Discord or nothing at all.  You don't even have to win a single CB.

As for having enough regularly active players, well, yes that might be a problem.  But at the same time, if you tried making clan announcements letting your members know that, for example, if they wanted free captain respecs, to show up on the first night of CBs, and you'd all try to play the absolute minimum number of battles necessary to get everyone that wanted them the free respecs, maybe you'd get them to show up for an hour or two.

• Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,090 posts
26,474 battles
3 minutes ago, b101uk said:

I am still waiting to respec commanders from ALL the changes this year relating to CV etc, unfortunately IRL work etc has caused me to be away when and if they have happened.

its about time WG had "tokens" for reset that get added to your a/c, that you can "consume" that grant 24h to reset all commanders (it could also be something sold in the shop too).

as some of use have NO interest in clan battles, especially not until ALL mods of ANY description are prohibited from CB and is played using a vanilla game in pure mode on a level playing field.

Dude, if your only goal is getting free captain respecs, then you shouldn't give a good god damn about how CBs are conducted.  Just get enough people together that want their free respecs, play just enough CBs to get everyone that one CB played, and then forget about it until the next season of CBs.

As for thinking that you have any right to demand that CB be pure vanilla, you can plow sand.  What's next?  Are you going to demand that no premium ships be allowed in CBs?  Or in Ranked as well?  No.  WG should never give in to the likes of you.

• Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,090 posts
26,474 battles
26 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

Clans only, huh? Unfortunate. 

Players in clans and have participated in one or more clan battles.  Same as it's been for the past I don't know how many seasons of CBs.  Maybe all of them since the first season.

• Boring 1

Members
4,332 posts
4,615 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Players in clans and have participated in one or more clan battles.  Same as it's been for the past I don't know how many seasons of CBs.  Maybe all of them since the first season.

Since i've never been in a clan before, i've never kept track of seasons as they come and go. So with a thread title such as this I figured this was a for everyone thing. 

• Cool 1