You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sbels

really $100 bucks for the the three PR boosters

90 comments in this topic

[W_H_S]
Members
60 posts
7,026 battles

please tell me this was a typo because if not this is not good :cap_book: this may put me off spending ANY money on Christmas stuff if WG is getting this greedy

• Cool 4
  • Boring 5

[SYN]
Members
8,236 posts
13,957 battles

You are not required to spend anything, just for those who don't want (or can't) to grind it out for free.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[WHS]
Beta Testers
1,036 posts
10,711 battles
2 minutes ago, Sbels said:

please tell me this was a typo because if not this is not good :cap_book: this may put me off spending ANY money on Christmas stuff if WG is getting this greedy

It's a T10 Premium

T8's cost up to $60. 
T9's cost up to $80
How much should a T10 cost in your opinion?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,801 posts
13 minutes ago, Sbels said:

It's a T10 Premium ship.  Go into the shop and look at the price of a T9 premium shop.  It's right on par. 

You don't have to buy anything.  I will have the PR, for free, by playing the game.  At lot mind you, WG isn't handing out T10 premium ships for logging in, you have to earn it, but it can be had for free.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,256 posts
16,326 battles

These ship can be earned without spending any money, the boosters are just for those interested in speeding up the process.

Fem, 

• Cool 6

[DVYJC]
Members
3,210 posts
7,113 battles
10 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

It's a T10 Premium ship.  Go into the shop and look at the price of a T9 premium shop.  It's right on par. 

You don't have to buy anything.  I will have the PR, for free, by playing the game.  At lot mind you, WG isn't handing out T10 premium ships for logging in, you have to earn it, but it can be had for free.

I won't lie, to this day I am glad I have Benham and would be a little sad if it became easily available after the grinding I had to do to get her. Although if she weren't one of my favorite ships I might feel less possessive.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
838 posts
10,022 battles
1 minute ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I won't lie, to this day I am glad I have Benham and would be a little sad if it became easily available after the grinding I had to do to get her. Although if she weren't one of my favorite ships I might feel less possessive.

I would agree, worked hard to get my Benham 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,544 posts
16,299 battles
2 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

LOL you can get it in a Santa Crate

[A-D-F]
7,801 posts
4 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

I would agree, worked hard to get my Benham 

I remember doing part of the grind while sitting in a car dealer repair shop waiting room, they were repairing my father's truck after an accident and I was waiting in the lobby to pick it up.  Oprah was on the TV in the lobby and I remember passing the time by working some on the Benham event instead of watching TV.  It was THAT hard :Smile_teethhappy:

[O7]
Members
1,493 posts
10,966 battles

i dont know how new you are to the game but wargaming is notorious for extremely greedy and grubby practices

• Cool 7
  • Boring 2

[DVYJC]
Members
3,210 posts
7,113 battles
3 minutes ago, paradat said:

LOL you can get it in a Santa Crate

Yeah I know, but if someone spends $1,500 specifically chasing Benham in Santa crates, I'll still feel pretty good about having her LOL.

[A-D-F]
7,801 posts
1 minute ago, enderland07 said:

Am I missing something about where this was announced?

Pick any thread currently on page one, or the news article in game today.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,115 posts
8,344 battles

Compare the price of a T8 ship to a T9 ship.

This is a T10 ship, so the price is a fairly logical leap from the previous, and even includes so many goodies as to make up the difference between a T9 ship and her.

[PVE]
Members
19,850 posts
12,029 battles
36 minutes ago, Sbels said:

There are other rewards with the grind. So if the 24,000 doubloons guarantees the PR, we don't yet know that it does but it may be likely, then these rewards are added.

Stage I
  - 5,000 FXP
  - 50 Zulu Hotel signals
  - 50 Zulu  signals
  - 1,000 coal
  - 1 day WoWS premium
  - Santa's Gift Container (likely $1 singlely). This is phase 6

Stage II
  - 2,000 coal
  - 10,000 FXP
  - 50 Papa Papa signals 
  - 50 Equal Speed Charlie London signals
  - 3,000 coal
  - Santa Big Gift Container (likely $3 singlely). This is phase 12

Stage III
 - 2 4th Anniversary Gift containers
 - 4,000 coal
  - Santa Mega Gift container (likely $5 singlely). This is Phase 18

Stage IV
 - 3 days WoWS premium
 - 10 Hydra signals
 - 10 Basilisk signals
 - 10 Scylla signals
 - 10 Leviathan signals
 - 1 New Year T8 perma-camo DD, CL/CA, or BB once. T8 perma-camo is 3,000 dubs normally. This is phase 24  

Stage V
 - 10 Dragon signals
 - 10 Wyvern signals
 - 10 Red Dragon signals
 - 10 Ouroboros signals
 - 5,000 coal
 - 1 New Year T8 perma-camo DD, CL/CA, or BB once T8 perma-camo is 3,000 dubs normally. This is phase 30

Stage VI
 - 5 Spring Sky one-use camo
 - 5 Asian Lantern one-use camo
 - 5 Mosaic Sky one-use camo
 - 2,000 steel
 - 10,000 coal
 - T10 CA Puerto Rico. This is phase 36

Plus the 3 Santa Mega Gift crates for the 3 dubs that cost 24k dubs.

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,279 posts
42 minutes ago, Sbels said:

I think they were going for realism by making PR a burdensome drain on resources.

• Funny 2
  • Boring 3

[W_H_S]
Members
60 posts
7,026 battles

yeah but the 100 dollars doesn't even get you the ship it just boosts the production I didn't have a problem with spending the 100 to buy the ship straight out but if you read the description it says "Three boosters are available in exchange for doubloons. Their total cost is 24,000 doubloons." 

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,101 posts
4,661 battles
42 minutes ago, Slumlord_Dasboot said:

I would say that its prolly going into the store for $100 bucks after the mission, so seems about right. 

Yet WG has been proud to say that they never sell T10 ships for cash.  This would be the first.  As a result, I don't expect to see it in the Shop.

BTW, there's 8 pages of this discussion here:

Edited by iDuckman

[DVYJC]
Members
3,210 posts
7,113 battles
5 minutes ago, Sbels said:

yeah but the 100 dollars doesn't even get you the ship it just boosts the production I didn't have a problem with spending the 100 to buy the ship straight out but if you read the description it says "Three boosters are available in exchange for doubloons. Their total cost is 24,000 doubloons." 

... it almost certainly boosts the production to the point where you can get the ship without doing anything else if you buy them from the start, so six of one, half dozen of the other.

[T_O_P]
Members
411 posts
8 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Yet WG has been proud to say that they never sell T10 ships for cash.  This would be the first.  As a result, I don't expect to see it in the Shop.

That is the key word right there :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[SOBA6]
Beta Testers
38 posts
4,223 battles
12 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

I think they were going for realism by making PR a burdensome drain on resources.

What a sad political low blow to bring into a thread about a game.

I traveled to Puerto Rico in the immediate aftermath of Hurricane Maria, I saw the devastation of the neighborhood that I called home, the high school I attended, saw beloved family members struggling to find potable water and food.

Please keep politics and cheap uninformed talking points out of this. 

• Cool 10
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,101 posts
4,661 battles
2 minutes ago, RusskiySpy said:

That is the key word right there :Smile_great:

Yes it is.  How does one buy stuff in the shop?  That's right.  Cash. 

(Otoh, selling it for Doubloons is purdy dang close.  And the coupon doesn't apply.)

[T_O_P]
Members
411 posts
3 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Yes it is.  How does one buy stuff in the shop?  That's right.  Cash. 

(Otoh, selling it for Doubloons is purdy dang close.  And the coupon doesn't apply.)

yes, that was my point. you spend cash to buy doubs, then you spend doubs to buy stuff such as ships. although I dont remember seing a T10 being "sold" for doubs either. i may be wrong but the highest i saw was T8.

Edited by RusskiySpy