You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TriHard_DodgeDealership

stop playing non radar cruisers in ranked

35 comments in this topic

[WORX]
Members
11,137 posts
18,750 battles

Translation...

Dont test yourself, dont challenge yourself... Just play over capable/OP ships..

:Smile_facepalm:

Playing less capable or more capable ships will not change the outcome or result in Ranking out faster... 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[WOLFB]
Members
431 posts
7,989 battles

Or you could just go the smarter route to save your sanity as I did and just not play ranked, ESPECIALLY T10 ranked, the most balanstm season ever.

Call me back to ranked once I can use my Pensacola and Mogami again. :V

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[BOTO]
Members
1,308 posts
15,812 battles
6 minutes ago, TriHard_DodgeDealership said:

just stop 

p.s. smolensk is fine though

Right, because we all know how useless Henri IV, Venezia, and Colbert are..........

• Cool 3

[POOII]
Members
474 posts
2,810 battles

private account, something tells me you don't know what your talking about and your stats prove it. I have played 24 ranked games this season 23 with hindy and 1 with Ven. My ranked winrate is currently 66%. Your topic is invalid. 

Edited by Slumlord_Dasboot

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
27 minutes ago, TriHard_DodgeDealership said:

just stop 

Yeah....I'll play whatever I want.  

That is if I ever play that mode again.

Members
6,634 posts
20,802 battles

every match has moving pieces, sometimes you get great ship combos and good players other times you get what feels like a team of monkeys....

I am a huge fan of playing tech tree ships that are considered... average, and always will, doing well is more satisfying than doing well in an OP ship. that said, I am playing mainly the woostah now as it very strong. and tired of the two step that is ranked, one step forward and one back, turn your partner round and round and save a star, teamkill, get chat banned, rage quit and eat a pint of ice cream, watch The Quiet Man again and drink scotch...………….

[POOII]
Members
474 posts
2,810 battles

9 times out of 10 the people complaining about others or crying in the chat have no idea what they're talking about. Literally just the other day I'm basically carrying a ranked team, leading the team in damage, putting in work and this DD dies and just as soon as he dies he sees me in the back behind a island and he starts crying how I need to contribute. 

The vision of a bat, in fact maybe if he had vision he would not be dead, we ended up winning that to....

Members
467 posts
24,496 battles

you dont have to play a radar boat to spot..try harder at getting closer to the enemy....when a bb is spotting ships its time for the rest to go back to tier 3

• Cool 2

[DVYJC]
Members
3,225 posts
7,152 battles

A couple non-radar cruisers are doing pretty well this round.

My frustration is with Minotaur... every time I take radar Minotaur out, I need smoke, and every time I take smoke Minotaur out, I end up needing radar.

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
34 minutes ago, jmanII said:

Yeah....I'll play whatever I want.  

That is if I ever play that mode again.

Exactly.

Same here.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,253 posts
36,544 battles

Just play ships you feel comfortable in... and have plus 50% win rate in....

• Funny 2

[PVE]
Members
4,440 posts
19,407 battles
1 hour ago, TriHard_DodgeDealership said:

just stop

Ah, OP.......I'm an IJN Main and the IJN isn't allowed radar.......  So, since I only have non radar ships, what is your advice?  Not play at all???? 

Me thinks, you didn't think this out at all....

• Funny 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,148 posts
16,237 battles
52 minutes ago, Slumlord_Dasboot said:

9 times out of 10 the people complaining about others or crying in the chat have no idea what they're talking about. Literally just the other day I'm basically carrying a ranked team, leading the team in damage, putting in work and this DD dies and just as soon as he dies he sees me in the back behind a island and he starts crying how I need to contribute. 

The vision of a bat, in fact maybe if he had vision he would not be dead, we ended up winning that to....

Actually bat is supposed to be rather good  https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/07/090727203745.htm    I  believe it might be more appropriate to compare the player of that  DD  and the OP to the vision of a mole rat,Hiding a lot and not seeing much

[WHS]
Beta Testers
1,036 posts
10,734 battles
1 hour ago, TriHard_DodgeDealership said:

just stop 

Negative. My Zao  is still going to be there. Why? Because I'm grinding legendary module and it's faster than random.

[PVE]
Members
4,440 posts
19,407 battles
27 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Just play ships you feel comfortable in... and have plus 50% win rate in....

Now, you are funny !  A 50% win rate..........yeah, like this is possible when the teams are Stompers or Stompee's every game.  And, I end up on the Stompee team no matter what happens.........even, if I am the number one on the losing team !!!

[USCG]
Members
605 posts
20,449 battles

I’m must be stupid when it comes to ranked.  I play destroyers so I either get lit up by a radar cruiser/s or a CV’s squadron of rocket planes. Even got “Old School Hydro’d” today in a GK... 

Still love the challenge though...

[INTEL]
Members
13,253 posts
36,544 battles
5 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Now, you are funny !  A 50% win rate..........yeah, like this is possible when the teams are Stompers or Stompee's every game.  And, I end up on the Stompee team no matter what happens.........even, if I am the number one on the losing team !!!

Lol. I am riding an 11 game losing streak, fell from R8 back to R10. I am just playing for credits and XP at this point. The teams are awful -- last match I was first in Thunderer and kept my star -- 91K damage, only hit DDs once and didn't cap. Our Smolensk suicided in the opening minutes. Previous match I fired first salvo and our 2 DDs died right away....  the teams are horribad for me right now...

• Cool 1

Members
566 posts
255 battles

won't matter, i was in a game where my team had 2 not one but 2 des moines and neither one radared until after my monty had been sunk by invisible ships

to save time just assume that your team has lower i.q. than a bag of potatoes

[PVE]
Members
4,440 posts
19,407 battles
14 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Lol. I am riding an 11 game losing streak, fell from R8 back to R10. I am just playing for credits and XP at this point. The teams are awful -- last match I was first in Thunderer and kept my star -- 91K damage, only hit DDs once and didn't cap. Our Smolensk suicided in the opening minutes. Previous match I fired first salvo and our 2 DDs died right away....  the teams are horribad for me right now...

You know something is amiss when a one handed old horse soldier at tier ten is number one in a few games being the Stompee's....   Yes, I kept the star lose it 5 minutes later in even a worse Stomp.........if that was possible????  I'm stuck at 12  and can't get to 11.......  No matter what I do, we win one and lose 4 or 5.......:Smile_facepalm:

[-K_P-]
Members
418 posts
3,500 battles
58 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

A couple non-radar cruisers are doing pretty well this round.

My frustration is with Minotaur... every time I take radar Minotaur out, I need smoke, and every time I take smoke Minotaur out, I end up needing radar.

Was having similar problem with my Mino, but oddly was having good luck with the Kleiber, and I'm not really a DD guy.  Only started enjoying them as I started playing a couple of the mid-tier RN DDs, Haida (sometimes), Freisland, Hill, Benham and Kleiber.  Could be because I play them like small cruisers rather than a regular DD.

[DVYJC]
Members
3,225 posts
7,152 battles
1 minute ago, Crij said:

Was having similar problem with my Mino, but oddly was having good luck with the Kleiber, and I'm not really a DD guy.  Only started enjoying them as I started playing a couple of the mid-tier RN DDs, Haida (sometimes), Freisland, Hill, Benham and Kleiber.  Could be because I play them like small cruisers rather than a regular DD.

I'm really not good with the French DDs, but I have Le Terrible (won in a contest) and have ground through the B-hull of Le Fantasque, having gotten Guepard in the early access, so I would like to have Mogador and Kleber as ranked options.