You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Legio_X_

Russian BBs are such easymode

28 comments in this topic

Members
2,439 posts
5,397 battles

I don't even play much BBs, because I'm not the best at them (DD/CA/CL player), but my god this line is probably the most laid back line you can play.

Just play them like oversize DM's with alot of armor, push close up to points with support on flanks, tank 1-2mil damage and laugh at all who try to kill you. 

As long as you watch your sides, you can tank for your entire team while your team does damage.

Edited by Legio_X_
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Members
6,634 posts
20,802 battles

The tier nine ship was no treat for me but I rarely play ships well when grinding through a line, to focused on getting to the next ship..... I do recall the Sinop feeling like playing a an old-school video game that would flash..... "Headshot" Damn near every time I shot a cruiser.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,395 posts
19,283 battles

You're not wrong.

• Cool 1

[-KIA-]
Members
5,188 posts
13,222 battles

In randoms where nobody focuses of course the tanky BB is hard to kill.  Nelson is easy as hell to play even when bottom tier cause you just outheal everything back, that's an example of a really stupidly powerful ship.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,075 posts
20,952 battles
1 hour ago, Legio_X_ said:

I don't even play much BBs, because I'm not the best at them (DD/CA/CL player), but my god this line is probably the most laid back line you can play.

Just play them like oversize DM's with alot of armor, push close up to points with support on flanks, tank 1-2mil damage and laugh at all who try to kill you. 

As long as you watch your sides, you can tank for your entire team while your team does damage.

Shh.....

Your going to let the secret out....

After your done tanking, push around island waifu and dev strike that broadside ship keeping you proxy spotted.

In a CB I took b in my Kremlin,  tanked 2 mil. And the said screw it I'll ram enemy Montana as I shoot at Des Moines....

Failed my ram, got des moines and ended up on right side of Monty and dev struck him....

Ended up ramming yammy... 

They are fun and boring at the same time.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,608 posts
11,301 battles
1 hour ago, Legio_X_ said:

long as you watch your sides, you can tank for your entire team while your team does damage.

You really don't have to watch your sides either …….  I've nailed them broadside and gotten very little damage compared to other ships.

Members
6,634 posts
20,802 battles

I played two games in the Kremlin ranked because of this thread. won both, both over 2k base. 1st and tied for 1st concerning xp. It's like ...at least to me, as maddening as the Montana is to hit ships at range, this thing chunks them like that fat kid playing hoops against kids 3 years younger..... blap… blap…… blap… when you only get like 6k you think you were jonesed. I did manage to ricochet off of a Mino somehow. I'll never truly understand this game. 

Members
1,058 posts
7,478 battles

All T10 BBs except for maybe one are easy mode. Second lowest skill floor ship type in the game, with only CVs beating them there, and the ONLY archetype (aka ship type) I have ever seen in all of gaming that is purposefully allowed by the devs to completely and utterly overperform as if they are immune to nerfs.

Edited by Varknyn12
  • Boring 4

[LZ1]
Members
275 posts
5,822 battles

I just got the Vladivostok last night. Prior to that I have had a lot of seat time in the Sinop. Every BB below the Sinop: Izmail on down is garbage. The Sinop is where things start to get fun, but even then there are huge huuuuge weaknesses. Upsides: accurate guns with good penetration inside 12km, decent rudder shift with upgraded hull, decent concealment. Downsides: extremely short ranged guns compared to other BBs of similar tiers plus the accuracy is pretty useless beyond 12-14km anyway; HUGE turning circle- basically guaranteed that once a CV sees you you're getting its full attention until you're dead. Everyone loves to torp you due to inability to turn on a dime. HUGE vulnerability if you show broadside. Even if you don't get a citadel hit you can still lose 70-80% of your health in one volley no problem. Some lesser issues: slow turret traverse and slower than average reload. You have to plan ahead better than most BBs. Additionally, you're up tiered a LOT, so you're usually much slower than most other BBs you're up against. Couple that with the short effective range and it's difficult to get to the fight, or to the fight after that due to the inability to quickly re-position. You're fighting with 14km effective guns while everyone else has 22km guns and is generally fighting at 18km+.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,634 posts
11,296 battles
2 hours ago, Legio_X_ said:

That's what gets me.     Incoming fire.... 'plink' (ha ha!)    Incoming fire.... 'plink' (HA HA!)

Incoming fire (cue dreaded citadel sound)   Wha??   Oh frak... broadsided by cross-fire.  

Full disclosure:  Still at T7.    I hear the real fun starts at the next tier.

Edited by DiddleDum

[LZ1]
Members
275 posts
5,822 battles
2 minutes ago, DiddleDum said:

That's what gets me.     Incoming fire.... 'plink' (ha ha!)    Incoming fire.... 'plink' (HA HA!)

Incoming fire (cue dreaded citadel sound)   Wha??   Oh frak... broadsided by cross-fire.  

The problem with the Vladivostok is that you end up in Tier 10 games about 90% of the time.

• Boring 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,634 posts
11,296 battles
Just now, hexeris said:

I have stated previously in other threads, Russian ships are bad for this game.

Well... if I had a dollar every time I read:

"CVs are bad for this game"

"DDs are bad for this game"

"HE is bad for this game"

"Camping is bad for this game"

"YOLOing is bad for this game"

"IHFE is bad for this game"

Your comment is noted.  Please take a number....

1861085537_Takeanumber.jpg.373249a289a17326d921bd7661caf252.jpg

• Cool 2

Members
3,097 posts
564 battles
4 minutes ago, murder_0ne said:

The problem with the Vladivostok is that you end up in Tier 10 games about 90% of the time.

I don't..... you must not have gotten the new MM update... LOL

40% at best is how often I see tier tens in ANY tier 8 ship now...

[TARK]
Members
6,909 posts
2,612 battles

Knyaz Suvarov is EASILY the best battleship at tier 3.

I'm confident (in a match without CVs that is), that I can carry almost any match to a close conclusion no matter how many ships we are down.

Facing a few enemy battleships? Just point the nose at them and laugh. 

Facing cruisers? They really cant run because you are not slow.

Facing DDs? Laugh as they try to YOLO you and your HE at close range is cruiser accurate. (I've solo dueled three DDs inside of 4km at the same time and survived - killed all three with a STOCK Suvarov).

I've only got a 5 point captain on her, and she is totally the best.

Members
3,655 posts
13,178 battles
1 hour ago, DiddleDum said:

T7 Sinop is one of the most OP ships tier for tier in the game. You should be honing every skill on that ship for the higher tiers. 

[WOLFG]
Members
29,567 posts
8,679 battles
3 hours ago, Legio_X_ said:

Keep telling people that.....

3 hours ago, Legio_X_ said:

.....but keep that quiet, it's fun to hit them when they taunt you with broadside, thinking they're invincible lol.

[WOLFG]
Members
29,567 posts
8,679 battles
1 hour ago, Varknyn12 said:

All T10 BBs except for maybe one are easy mode. Second lowest skill floor ship type in the game, with only CVs beating them there, and the ONLY archetype (aka ship type) I have ever seen in all of gaming that is purposefully allowed by the devs to completely and utterly overperform as if they are immune to nerfs.

How come when we don't ask you questions, you repeat your position ad nauseum, yet when we ask you a pointed question, you refuse to repeat your assertions, or explain your data?  

Zarth....the side dish nobody ordered....

Edited by Skpstr

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,779 posts

Some of my highest damage games in Montana and GK have come from farming massive citadels off Soviet tier IX and X BBs showing too much broadside. 

As for playing the Soviet BBs, I tried them on PTS, and they feel like the warship equivalent of watching paint dry, or mayonnaise and iceberg on white bread.   Dull, dull, dull.   The best thing I can say about getting the tier VI Soviet BB for free in the Goriza mission chain coming up is that I can play it once for coal, and then sell it for credits to get a ship I actually want.

[INTEL]
Members
13,224 posts
36,496 battles
2 hours ago, clammboy said:

You really don't have to watch your sides either …….  I've nailed them broadside and gotten very little damage compared to other ships.

Yup. In Randoms I have never cit a Kreml despite repeatedly nailing it at sub-10 km ranges, center hull, with Monty and Republique. Usually I get nothing but overpens. I don't what kind of [edited] armor scheme it has, but the Russian bias is strong with that one. 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,779 posts
1 minute ago, Taichunger said:

Yup. In Randoms I have never cit a Kreml despite repeatedly nailing it at sub-10 km ranges, center hull, with Monty and Republique. Usually I get nothing but overpens. I don't what kind of [edited] armor scheme it has, but the Russian bias is strong with that one. 

Which is odd, because I've citadelled a Kreml from about 12km with GK's 406s, on more than one occasion. 

IME, the Soviet BBs have sides like butter.

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
4 hours ago, Legio_X_ said:

Yeah, "limited" DC charges on paper, but in practical terms it's a limitation that doesn't really exist.  Devs made sure of that.  Plus you get that rapid cooldown that would make Royal Navy BBs envious. 

Never once came close to exhausting mine in the OktoRev, so much so that you stop thinking about that aspect altogether.

I imagine it is the same for all of the RU BBs.

Edited by Kuckoo

Members
4,332 posts
4,615 battles

Poltava is a bit tougher to play but generally agree. Ironically I had a Roon constantly light me on fire and even with only 3 repairs, didn't use them all until the waning moments of the match. Shame the standard is only 2 heals though. I always uses those up faster.