Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
henrychenhenry

Enterprise, welcome to the ranks of Nikolai I, Guilio Cesare, Belfast, and Mikhail Kutuzov!

72 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

992
[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts

Below is a snip of the list of Santa Crate ships. The ships are listed from T9 decreasing...

...except for some very special ships that aren't!

image.png.0cbf5119a521d288c3c7257bba50d0b1.png

It's sad to see yet another historic ship join Belfast.

P.S. Benham returns!

Edited by henrychenhenry
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,445 posts
7,009 battles
29 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

Below is a snip of the list of Santa Crate ships. The ships are listed from T9 decreasing...

 

I think they are listed in reverse order of drop probability, if you go further down the line you find T6 BBs listed above T7 DDs and Italian cruisers just kinda floating out there in the middle of the list.

 

Matt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
992
[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
5 minutes ago, mobryan said:

I think they are listed in reverse order of drop probability, if you go further down the line you find T6 BBs listed above T7 DDs and Italian cruisers just kinda floating out there in the middle of the list.

 

Matt

Thanks for pointing this out! You're right, it's not quite T9 down.

Hmm, MO is not a rarer drop than Nikolai?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,445 posts
7,009 battles
2 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

Thanks for pointing this out! You're right, it's not quite T9 down.

Hmm, MO is not a rarer drop than Nikolai?

Well, MO is primarily OP from the economic sense, whereas Nicky is just straight up BALANSED.

 

Matt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,672
[POP]
Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles
24 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

Thanks for pointing this out! You're right, it's not quite T9 down.

Hmm, MO is not a rarer drop than Nikolai?

because WG is still living in wows pre rework,nikolai is pure [edited]now with new CVs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
624 posts
90 battles
48 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

Below is a snip of the list of Santa Crate ships. The ships are listed from T9 decreasing...

...except for some very special ships that aren't!

image.png.0cbf5119a521d288c3c7257bba50d0b1.png

It's sad to see yet another historic ship join Belfast.

P.S. Benham returns!

Your chances of landing any of those ships via Santa boxes is extremely low. Do not even attempt it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,115
Alpha Tester
2,552 posts
51 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

It's sad to see yet another historic ship join Belfast.

It's easier for WG to screw up real historical ships than paper/fake ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,072 posts
9 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Your chances of landing any of those ships via Santa boxes is extremely low. Do not even attempt it

Depends on what you already own.  I own all but five of those already.

I don't own: 

Fujin

Benham

Georgia

Jean Bart

Friesland

Looking at the rest of the list, there's no more than about 15 ships on the entire list I don't already own.

Also, did you catch that rolling another ship if you have everything on the list doesn't get  you doubloons, except for one specific case?

EDIT: To be clear, I had everything in the list as of the end of Xmas 2018.  So, the only 'new' ships in the list are new ships, or ships that weren't in the list last year.

Edited by agm114r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,060
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,847 posts
13 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Your chances of landing any of those ships via Santa boxes is extremely low. Do not even attempt it

Considering that if it drops a ship that you already own, it switches and drops another one that you do not, that might not be true.  The odds of getting what you want, depend on what you already have.  For everyone you do, your chances become better.

For example, I own 9 ships on that list.  So getting the one that I want, if any ship drops, is a 1 in 8 chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,595
Members
6,634 posts
20,802 battles
9 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Your chances of landing any of those ships via Santa boxes is extremely low. Do not even attempt it

that depends on what ships you already have. If you have most premiums you stand a good chance, otherwise you will probably fill up on other ships first. At least that has been my experience x3 Santa seasons.

I am a huge fan of these crates, I have been very fortunate and have received tons of premiums with them. Granted, I have spent a ton of money as well...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,072 posts
1 minute ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

that depends on what ships you already have. If you have most premiums you stand a good chance, otherwise you will probably fill up on other ships first. At least that has been my experience x3 Santa seasons.

I am a huge fan of these crates, I have been very fortunate and have received tons of premiums with them. Granted, I have spent a ton of money as well...

As have I.  I'll stick to what I said before in other years at this time: if you consider anything that isn't a ship or doubloons is 'trash', don't bother buying Santa crates.  You'll be disappointed and/or mad.

If you can use the signals, and the coal, and the w/e else, then you'll be fine.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,595
Members
6,634 posts
20,802 battles
4 minutes ago, agm114r said:

As have I.  I'll stick to what I said before in other years at this time: if you consider anything that isn't a ship or doubloons is 'trash', don't bother buying Santa crates.  You'll be disappointed and/or mad.

If you can use the signals, and the coal, and the w/e else, then you'll be fine.

 

ya, that is the deal that many don't realize. I still have over 200 days of premium from getting tons of premium time drops last year. Ships are awesome but the real value is the camo and flags and premium time that helps generate more captains xp, credits or regular xp.

I know we will see some posts claiming it's rigged when they get a Molotov, Krasny and a Monaghan drop, while expecting a big tier 9 drop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,072 posts
2 minutes ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

ya, that is the deal that many don't realize. I still have over 200 days of premium from getting tons of premium time drops last year. Ships are awesome but the real value is the camo and flags and premium time that helps generate more captains xp, credits or regular xp.

I know we will see some posts claiming it's rigged when they get a Molotov, Krasny and a Monaghan drop, while expecting a big tier 9 drop.

Odds are posted this time.  Yeah, there's about 17 ships I don't have on a quick count, but only Fujin is on the 'unavailable' list, I think, that I don't have, and, well, I'm not worried about that one.  I have Kami already, after all.  I otherwise have all the 'not for sale' ships, I think.

 

Edited by agm114r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
237
[55UP]
Members
406 posts
2,998 battles
2 hours ago, henrychenhenry said:

Below is a snip of the list of Santa Crate ships. The ships are listed from T9 decreasing...

...except for some very special ships that aren't!

image.png.0cbf5119a521d288c3c7257bba50d0b1.png

It's sad to see yet another historic ship join Belfast.

P.S. Benham returns!

I’m not sure what you mean about the ship order in the list. It’s ascending by tier, tier 4 through tier 9. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,445 posts
7,009 battles
4 minutes ago, FineousFingers said:

I’m not sure what you mean about the ship order in the list. It’s ascending by tier, tier 4 through tier 9. 

That is not the entire list, just a snippet.

 

Matt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,033
[DVYJC]
Members
3,281 posts
7,200 battles
4 minutes ago, FineousFingers said:

I’m not sure what you mean about the ship order in the list. It’s ascending by tier, tier 4 through tier 9. 

That's a picture snip, the full list has 86 ships, and they're mostly in the order of Removed from Normal Acquisition -> Tier IX -> Tier VIII -> Tier VII -> Tier VI -> Tier V; however, some of the Tier VI and Tier VII ships do not align with that order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
237
[55UP]
Members
406 posts
2,998 battles
2 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

That's a picture snip, the full list has 86 ships, and they're mostly in the order of Removed from Normal Acquisition -> Tier IX -> Tier VIII -> Tier VII -> Tier VI -> Tier V; however, some of the Tier VI and Tier VII ships do not align with that order.

Ah, thanks for the correction. Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,072 posts
23 minutes ago, Slumlord_Dasboot said:

If you drop 2k I bet you can get all of them..... maybe

Of course, if you have all but 17, you can get a higher proportion.  Also, the rarest one that I don't have, Fujin, is just Kami by another name, from what I've been told, so I'm not worried about that one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
545
[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,712 posts
4,169 battles
2 hours ago, Burnsy said:

Considering that if it drops a ship that you already own, it switches and drops another one that you do not, that might not be true.  The odds of getting what you want, depend on what you already have.  For everyone you do, your chances become better.

For example, I own 9 ships on that list.  So getting the one that I want, if any ship drops, is a 1 in 8 chance. 

Except that list is only about a quarter of the ships possible.  There are 86 ships in total that can drop from Santa crates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,060
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,847 posts
Just now, Gasboy said:

Except that list is only about a quarter of the ships possible.  There are 86 ships in total that can drop from Santa crates.

You are right, I should have specified of the "special" ships, or whatever we are calling them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×