Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Steeler_Nation_USA

A Tier 6 CV for the first Chain events?

12 comments in this topic

[DVYJC]
Members
3,210 posts
7,113 battles
53 minutes ago, Steeler_Nation_USA said:

More fuel to the fire. WoW must be REALLY concerned about Tier 6 MM huh. :cap_wander:

I'm actually really pleased with that. My clan doesn't have anyone earning clan battles wins with British CVs, and I didn't really want to grind Hermes. I have the other three already, so that's just be extra credits to buy more tech tree ships I've ground out for coal and steel snowflakes but couldn't afford to put in my port.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,616 posts
14,702 battles
1 hour ago, Steeler_Nation_USA said:

More fuel to the fire. WoW must be REALLY concerned about Tier 6 MM huh. :cap_wander:

:cap_popcorn:

10 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I'm actually really pleased with that. My clan doesn't have anyone earning clan battles wins with British CVs, and I didn't really want to grind Hermes. I have the other three already, so that's just be extra credits to buy more tech tree ships I've ground out for coal and steel snowflakes but couldn't afford to put in my port.

Bear in mind you have to have the Gorizia for the first battle, and if you're playing for free you can't earn her until December 20 (from Directive 3). That being said, you then have until end of play Jan 14 to finish it all up, so you're not going to be as rushed as with the PEF event last year.

Just be aware that they might do this as a temporary campaign, as they did last year, so you should try to have a free permanent-campaign slot handy.

There are two T8 permanent camos in this, 6000 doubloons value. Like the others so far, they can likely be put on anything at T8 except ARP ships and carriers.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[DVYJC]
Members
3,210 posts
7,113 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

:cap_popcorn:

Bear in mind you have to have the Gorizia for the first battle, and if you're playing for free you can't earn her until December 20 (from Directive 3). That being said, you then have until end of play Jan 14 to finish it all up, so you're not going to be as rushed as with the PEF event last year.

Just be aware that they might do this as a temporary campaign, as they did last year, so you should try to have a free permanent-campaign slot handy.

There are two T8 permanent camos in this, 6000 doubloons value. Like the others so far, they can likely be put on anything at T8 except ARP ships and carriers.

Hmm, that's a good point, but I also have enough doubloons right now that I could just buy Gorizia and earn the doubloons back... and be able to spend them on a Puerto Rico boost after Directive 3 if necessary. That seems to be a highly efficient use of doubloons.

I actually kind of like Zara, and I rarely hit anything with her torpedoes anyway, so I imagine I can grind Gorizia missions pretty well.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn

[ARGSY]
Members
20,616 posts
14,702 battles
30 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Hmm, that's a good point, but I also have enough doubloons right now that I could just buy Gorizia and earn the doubloons back...

Provided she's available for doubloons. I suspect she will be for cash only until Directive 3 unlock.

[DVYJC]
Members
3,210 posts
7,113 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Provided she's available for doubloons. I suspect she will be for cash only until Directive 3 unlock.

Yes, I just thought of that a few minutes ago... I might still do it, though.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,616 posts
14,702 battles
5 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Yes, I just thought of that a few minutes ago... I might still do it, though.

I've got a post specifically on what it would take for me to buy the mid-tier prize up front.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/201666-random-thoughts-from-deep-rlyeh-what-would-it-take-for-me-to-buy-an-event-ship-right-at-the-start/ 

Given the two T8 permacamos locked up in her, the easier (we hope) path through the directives, the credits from all the tech-tree ships (I have the lot) and (hopefully) the duplicate doubloons at the end, it looks like a no-brainer for me.

Not getting the permacamos for the T6 ships was something of a blow, BUT those would be 4000 doubloons to buy (assuming you had not won the Guepard and Trento ones in their events, which I did), and the T8 permacamos would be 6000 doubloons to buy (and will fit almost any non-CV). Overall the worth of the permacamos has gone up, even if there are fewer of them and for different ships.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[ARGSY]
Members
20,616 posts
14,702 battles
4 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

and from the worst CV line currently .

Perhaps, but the collection from that event gave a free permacamo for the T8 ship. That's not to be sneezed at.

Sign in to follow this