You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ClassicLib

Here it is folks: Snowflakes, Directives and PR Build for 0.8.11

248 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
3,128 posts
17,110 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/new-year-2020-event/

Early highlights:

• Steel and Coal in the Directives
  • Port Slots in the Directives
  • PR Shibuilding
    • Progress along the scale will start automatically on December 16, even if you don't log in to the game on that date.
    • Starting from phase 18, you'll be given the option to complete construction of the ship immediately in exchange for doubloons.
    • Please note: it will be impossible to complete the ship in time without using boosters.
    • The building process will continue automatically only until January 13, but the Dockyard will remain in your Ports until the end of Update 0.9.0. This means that you’ll still be able to complete the cruiser by using doubloons or Shipbuilding Points, the latter of which are granted immediately after activating boosters.
    • You don't have to wait for the first minutes of the ship’s construction period to activate your first boosters. You can do it immediately once Update 0.8.11 goes live to get your first Shipbuilding Points and rewards. On the first day of construction, i.e. December 16, you’ll receive a permanent bonus to the speed of shipbuilding.
    • Three boosters are available in exchange for doubloons. Their total cost is 24,000 doubloons.Eight boosters are available in exchange for Shipbuilding Tokens. Their total cost is 2,400 Shipbuilding Tokens:
      • The first and second boosters cost 200 Tokens
      • The third and fourth boosters cost 300 Tokens
      • The fifth to eighth boosters cost 350 Tokens

Additional highlights:

• Enter the Armory in Update 0.8.11 to obtain two Santa's Gift containers for free.
  • Two more Santa's Gift containers await you on the container ship in your Port.
  • Three Clan Brawls:
    • The fifth Brawl will be fought on December 21, in a 9 vs. 9 format with Tier V ships
    • The sixth Brawl will be fought on December 28, in a 4 vs. 4 format with Tier VIII ships
    • The seventh Brawl will be fought on January 4, in a 12 vs. 12 format with Tier X ships
  • Ranked Sprint 1v1 format starts Dec 27
  • Several other previous announced additions and changes

More details here:

Santa's Gift container drops one of the following rewards:

• A Premium ship and Commander with 10 skill points
  • 300 doubloons
  • 2,500 Coal
  • 10,000 Free XP
  • 30 days of Warships Premium Account
  • 4x New Year Streamer camouflages
  • 4x Frosty Fir Tree camouflages
  • 50x Zulu signals
  • 50x Papa Papa signals
  • 50x Zulu Hotel signals
  • 50x Equal Speed Charlie London signals

A Santa's Big Gift container drops one of the following rewards:

• 1,000 doubloons
  • 7,500 Coal
  • 90 days of Warships Premium Account
  • 12x New Year Streamer camouflages
  • 12x Frosty Fir Tree camouflages
  • 15x Dragon special signals
  • 15x Red Dragon special signals
  • 15x Wyvern special signals
  • 15x Hydra special signals
  • 15x Ouroboros special signals
  • 15x Basilisk special signals
  • 15x Scylla special signals
  • 15x Leviathan special signals

A Santa's Mega Gift container drops one of the following rewards:

• 2,000 doubloons
  • 12,500 Coal
  • 180 days of Warships Premium Account
  • 20x New Year Streamer camouflages
  • 20x Frosty Fir Tree camouflages
  • 5x Mosaic camouflages
  • 5x Asian Lantern camouflages
  • 5x Spring Sky camouflages
  • 30x Dragon special signals
  • 30x Red Dragon special signals
  • 30x Wyvern special signals
  • 30x Hydra special signals
  • 30x Ouroboros special signals
  • 30x Basilisk special signals
  • 30x Scylla special signals
  • 30x Leviathan special signal

NOTE:  Compensation for duplicate ships changes for this year - 

Rules of Compensation

• If a container drops a ship that is already in your Port, your New Year gift will be replaced with a supercontainer that will drop another ship from the list, a Port slot as well as a Commander with 10 skill points.
  • If you already have all the ships from the list in your Port, your Santa's container will drop a different reward out of those that can possibly drop from it.
  • If you didn’t immediately open your container, and prior to opening it you obtained a ship that could drop from the container, it’s possible for a duplicate ship to be dropped. If this occurs, you’ll receive compensation equal to the ship's cost in the form of doubloons, a Commander with 10 skill points, and a Port slot.
Edited by ClassicLib
  • Cool 5

[WOLFG]
Members
587 posts
13,087 battles

24k doubloons for all three Doubloon boosters, lol.  Well, at least the Puerto Rico can be built without doubloons.  Will just have to make sure to do all the directives and so on.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
3,128 posts
17,110 battles
14 minutes ago, Colonel_Potter said:

24k doubloons for all three Doubloon boosters, lol.  Well, at least the Puerto Rico can be built without doubloons.  Will just have to make sure to do all the directives and so on.

I'm not too surprised by this.  I was thinking it would be at least 15,000.

24,000 doubloons = $96 USD

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,512 posts
6,676 battles

LOL...was looking forward to spending 15-20 bucks to easy grind the PR....   Meh ...24K dubloons!! ($100.00 US)      i'll pass....  I got snowflakes to grind anyway.    Marketing department clearly not thinking this through well IMO.    1/2 or more of the player base would have probably spent 10-20 bucks to make this easier    Now they'll snag a 100 or so whales instead.      

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[INTEL]
Members
3,128 posts
17,110 battles
4 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

LOL...was looking forward to spending 15-20 bucks to easy grind the PR....   Meh ...24K dubloons!! ($100.00 US)      i'll pass....  I got snowflakes to grind anyway.    Marketing department clearly not thinking this through well IMO.    1/2 or more of the player base would have probably spent 10-20 bucks to make this easier    Now they'll snag a 100 or so whales instead.      

You'll be able to get it as long as you use some of your tokens on boosters.

"It’s entirely possible to build  X Puerto Rico using only the boosters available for Shipbuilding Tokens."

I'll probably buy 1 booster to ease the path.

Edit:  Grinding Snowflakes will also get you progress towards the directives (and the tokens)

Edited by ClassicLib

[RKLES]
Members
12,554 posts
14,283 battles

I just hope I come out of all this with plenty of extra Doubloons, Coal, Steel, Free XP, Premium Time, maybe even an extra premium ship, and have my sanity intact afterwards lol.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
906 posts
3,533 battles
20 minutes ago, Colonel_Potter said:

The free tokens can get you all but one booster even without completing Directive 7 (the specific Tier X grind on test). So at most that is one doubloon booster.

Spending 24k on boosters is if you want to buy the ship from 50% completion by Stage.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,512 posts
6,676 battles
8 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

"It’s entirely possible to build  X Puerto Rico using only the boosters available for Shipbuilding Tokens."

Wished I had some handle on how much a booster pack will speed the grind?     Santa crates out there begging for cash too...     Along with Holidays that demand a lot on the budget for most people.     I mean hey... its voluntary.   Not griping...just think they could have likely generated a lot more cash overall making this a little cheaper.  I'm sure the price will likely just make a lot of casual players turn their nose up at it entirely.   I surely hope a lot of the directives can be accomplished while farming wins in Co-op?        

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
3,128 posts
17,110 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I just hope I come out of all this with plenty of extra Doubloons, Coal, Steel, Free XP, Premium Time, maybe even an extra premium ship, and have my sanity intact afterwards lol.

I was just looking at the Gift Containers.  I'm in those for the dragon signals and in the past, I've begrudgingly taken the chance of getting the Frosty Fir Camo.  This year WG has wised up.  One of the differences between the Big and Mega Gistds is the Camo contents.  The Big gifts have a chance of NY Streamer and Frosty Fir.  The Mega gift adds Mosaic, Asian Lantern and Spring Sky.  hmmmmm.

I guess I'll have to see what the drop rate turns out on those.  It's mighty tempting to take a chance on getting those latter three camos.  Dang you WG.

I'm happy with coal and Free XP, just to a lesser extent on the FXP.  No steel in the Gift containers.

[SVF]
Members
1,756 posts
2,320 battles
10 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

I highly suspect you would need to get all 8 token boosts (2400 tokens), spend 24k doubloons, or some combination of the first two to get PR in time.  Completing all Directives,  including the stupid 7th one that is very restrictive in the viable T10s,  gives only 1950 tokens.  640 are placed in the daily missions (hello again, no life grind), and a paltry 75 are available in daily shipments.

Edited by landcollector

[INTEL]
Members
3,128 posts
17,110 battles
4 minutes ago, TwoLate51 said:

So we get the cheapest Santa gift box for a tier 10 snowflake?

That's what it looks like

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,025 posts
22,723 battles
16 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

I'm not too surprised by this.  I was thinking it would be at least 15,000.

24,000 doubloons = $96 USD

It really depends on how you buy your doubloons. In smaller amounts 1 doubloon is around half a penny or thereabouts. In large quantities you can get a bigger discount but I always assume that the price of a doubloon is that half a cent. It is an absurd amount for a booster. For that amount you should be able to just buy the boat outright without fiddling around waiting for it to be built. 

BTW thanks for posting this in an easy to read format Lib! 

Edited by Taylor3006

Beta Testers
906 posts
3,533 battles
2 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

It really depends on how you buy your doubloons. In smaller amounts 1 doubloon is around half a penny or thereabouts. In large quantities you can get a bigger discount but I always assume that the price of a doubloon is that half a cent. It is an absurd amount for a booster. For that amount you should be able to just buy the boat outright without fiddling around waiting for it to be built. 

Buying the boat outright is more or less what the three doubloon boosters did on test. It guaranteed completion well before the end of the event. 

[INTEL]
Members
3,128 posts
17,110 battles
6 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

Wished I had some handle on how much a booster pack will speed the grind?     Santa crates out there begging for cash too...     Along with Holidays that demand a lot on the budget for most people.     I mean hey... its voluntary.   Not griping...just think they could have likely generated a lot more cash overall making this a little cheaper.  I'm sure the price will likely just make a lot of casual players turn their nose up at it entirely.   I surely hope a lot of the directives can be accomplished while farming wins in Co-op?        

3 minutes ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

We need to figure out how long it takes to build PR without any booters, and then how much boosters speed up the grind. 

I'm eagerly awaiting @Kizarvexis analysis.

[RKLES]
Members
12,554 posts
14,283 battles
4 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

I was just looking at the Gift Containers.  I'm in those for the dragon signals and in the past, I've begrudgingly taken the chance of getting the Frosty Fir Camo.  This year WG has wised up.  One of the differences between the Big and Mega Gistds is the Camo contents.  The Big gifts have a chance of NY Streamer and Frosty Fir.  The Mega gift adds Mosaic, Asian Lantern and Spring Sky.  hmmmmm.

I guess I'll have to see what the drop rate turns out on those.  It's mighty tempting to take a chance on getting those latter three camos.  Dang you WG.

I'm happy with coal and Free XP, just to a lesser extent on the FXP.  No steel in the Gift containers.

I am just hoping with all the containers that will be flying around from the looks of things that I will pick up 1,200 Doubloons, or perhaps a few more. Then I can add Roma to my port with a Doubloons ship coupon in Armory, then start saving up Doubloons for the next ship. The Red and White striped deck of Roma would be rather festive to sail during this time of the year. :cap_happy:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,025 posts
22,723 battles
4 minutes ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

We need to figure out how long it takes to build PR without any booters, and then how much boosters speed up the grind. 

Yeah, hopefully just one booster will help the grind quite a bit. We definitely need the numbers. 

2 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

I'm eagerly awaiting @Kizarvexis analysis.

Probably won't know until the patch goes live though. This whole thing is giving me a headache. 

[INTEL]
Members
3,128 posts
17,110 battles
4 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I just went straight to the Premium Store and used the 'Buy Any Amount' link.

I have to parse out the highlights myself to make any sense out of it.  All of the content they post is important in some way but it's hard to digest it sometimes.

[THOR]
Members
464 posts
6,135 battles
3 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

That's what it looks like

I am on my regrind with Iowa. I guess no need to worry to get Montanna to get a regular Santa Crate. When I finish this bbq grind I can get Ohio if I want. 

[INTEL]
Members
3,128 posts
17,110 battles
1 minute ago, Taylor3006 said:

Probably won't know until the patch goes live though. This whole thing is giving me a headache. 

He does a very good job of fleshing out the possibilities.  Based on the dates they published he can adjust his calculations.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,025 posts
22,723 battles
Just now, ClassicLib said:

I just went straight to the Premium Store and used the 'Buy Any Amount' link.

I have to parse out the highlights myself to make any sense out of it.  All of the content they post is important in some way but it's hard to digest it sometimes.

No worries, I understand how you got to your figures. I have like 50k doubloons just sitting around with nothing that interests me for sale or on the horizon. Many of those are even cheaper doubloons where I bought a premium ship I already owned at a big discount (ie USS Texas) where it was half price but you got full doubloon value. Even with that, I am just shocked at the booster price and doubt I will spend more than one booster  if at all. Really don't care about the ship other than it is a tier 10 that I can use to farm annual rewards. 

[INTEL]
Members
3,128 posts
17,110 battles
1 minute ago, TwoLate51 said:

I am on my regrind with Iowa. I guess no need to worry to get Montanna to get a regular Santa Crate. When I finish this bbq grind I can get Ohio if I want. 

Me too.  I anticipated this and ground a line up to Tier IX.  Then started on the next line to get the Tier VIII and IX.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,402 posts
19,283 battles

It's a pity they aren't saying how much the individual dub boosters will be.