You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Weekend Spree.

19 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
20,616 posts
14,702 battles

On Friday night, I put on the man pants and dived headlong into the world of Randoms, something I've shunned for most of this year.

Finished the Final Task of Yamamoto campaign Mission #3, claimed the supercontainers it gives, and one of them had 1500 steel. If my calculations are correct, that's the Black in hand (should I prefer it to the Flint) once my steel snowflakes are brushed off and the December coupon drops.

The rest of the weekend was a bit of a muddle, a frustration of being uptiered consistently (T9-heavy games in the Colorado are no fun) and teams that strove hard to snatch defeat from victory by dying in large droves when ahead on points. I did manage to get the Arizona rental mission, and she was a lot of fun. If she ever goes on sale, I'll give serious consideration to buying her. Unfortunately, it was a bright spot in an otherwise dismal Saturday.

Sunday afternoon was much of the same.

But then, on Sunday night, the clouds parted and the sun shone upon a radiant glory of non-T9 MM and teams that did their utmost to claw victory back from defeat instead. The XP flowed in raging torrents, and the North Carolina is now mine. :Smile_great: 

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[4HIM]
Members
3,107 posts
13,065 battles

I too need to get back to Randoms.  Best I go T6 - T7 so I don't stink the joint up too badly.  Though a decent Random match would let me finish off the last upgrade on the NC.  Need to unlock Roon as well. 

[SHAFT]
Members
800 posts
17,351 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

On Friday night, I put on the man pants and dived headlong into the world of Randoms, something I've shunned for most of this year.

Finished the Final Task of Yamamoto campaign Mission #3, claimed the supercontainers it gives, and one of them had 1500 steel. If my calculations are correct, that's the Black in hand (should I prefer it to the Flint) once my steel snowflakes are brushed off and the December coupon drops.

The rest of the weekend was a bit of a muddle, a frustration of being uptiered consistently (T9-heavy games in the Colorado are no fun) and teams that strove hard to snatch defeat from victory by dying in large droves when ahead on points. I did manage to get the Arizona rental mission, and she was a lot of fun. If she ever goes on sale, I'll give serious consideration to buying her. Unfortunately, it was a bright spot in an otherwise dismal Saturday.

But then, on Sunday night, the clouds parted and the sun shone upon a radiant glory of non-T9 MM and teams that did their utmost to claw victory back from defeat instead. The XP flowed in raging torrents, and the North Carolina is now mine. :Smile_great: 

Grats, I only have the CV tasks outstanding on all the campaigns still, but the rewards for getting everything done are very helpful.

For myself I finally unlocked the Kremlin, have about one more game to unlock Henry and also got the Lion unlocked. Making steady progress up the coal collection mountain to have enough to get Thunderer before Christmas. Although may hold depending on how close I get to the Conq before then, I don't enjoy playing long range sniping in bbs  from the back line.

FXP sitting at 825k and if Aegis is on rotation come Wednesday expect to get the Friesland unlocked by the weekend. Have full sets on xp and fxp flags just waiting to do some serious grinding with my Anshan.

Tried getting up to rank 5 and was finally able to get it done late Sunday evening after bouncing around rank 6 for most of Fri and Sat. I think I may have left it too late to try and rank out this season as I am seeing a significant drop in player quality since Thurs.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
838 posts
10,022 battles

Ran a few randoms for Naval Battles and also ran some clan battles. Glad this CB season is over tbh. With how it falls into my life schedule the only time I can be on consistently is during cb and with typically 8-10 clan members able to run I choose to make sure I’m available to queue up as opposed to finishing items more selfishly and personally important. On a positive note Stalingrad will be mine on 12/26, marking the 3rd t10 resource ship to enter my port in the last 3 months (Smolensk and Thunderer). They will be nice for diversity in future ranked and CB season as well as anniversary and flake type events.

Edited by ditka_Fatdog

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,608 posts
11,301 battles

I finished the black container missions and I obtained the Italian commander . unfortunately 5 of the 6 containers had cameos and one doubloons I think . I didn’t get a ship in any of my black crates this year .  

[WOLF9]
Members
4,519 posts

Well, the weekend was full of stink.    And a few really good games!

Marathon played my DD's on Friday and knocked out all the DD missions in the directories.  Along the way,  I got 4/6 stars for part 4.   All in all, not a bad day.    Got basically team killed by some schmeckel in a Nurnberg  hell bent on getting ALL the damage and kills for himself at any cost.   When I got into position to point blank torp the only ship left on our side of the map, he dropped both torp launchers into my back.  I ate 5 of them, dropping me to a tiny sliver of health- which was promptly vaporized by a secondary shell from the NY.    Moron.   (this may have been Sat, come to think of it)

Saturday was lousy with stench, and I rage quit after only a few games.   Horrible frustrating matches...

Sunday was BB day.   Working on finishing directive 4, and cleaning up the remaining BB missions.   I ended up having my best game ever in Jean Bart, and a massive 200k+ game in Republique.    Lots of bot teams, so damage was there for the picking.

The JB game was especially hillarious, because it was one of THOSE games.  You know, where it seems like you're firing laser guided rail guns that simply don't miss?   You just KNOW "THAT'S going to hurt", as soon as you hit lmb.    Got a crap load of citadels, all from 3 salvos.   Blasted the hell out of a Conqueror for 5 cits and who knows how many normal pens in consecutive salvos- dropping him to a mere sliver.   Some goober from way back there killed it while my guns reloaded...  (he was on fire from my secondaries as well)

Jean Bart was annoyed.

It was then that the red CV popped into view- less than 12km away- fully broadside to me.   I fired, and almost dev struck it.   4 more citadels + normals, and he had less than 1000 hp left.  (from full health!)   My next salvo was just unnecessary overkill, lol.

Jean Bart's pride was soothed.

On my way South to savage that Conq,   I also trashed a cruiser of some sort- like flicking away an annoying gnat.  ( somewhere, the Chieftain said: "that ship offends me.  Remove it.")

Man, this ship is a monster, lol!

The trend continues:  DD's good; BB's good.  Cruisers?  Nope.  Not allowed to have a decent game in one.

The only exception was Bayard.   I was granted a short reprieve, and allowed to take Bayard out for a romp.   Offensively, these high tier French cruisers are just wicked, lol.  Can't take a punch,  but they will SAVAGE you, given half a chance.

I'm really beginning to wonder if somehow the devs got inside my head, determined what would be the optimal kinds of ships for me;  then released the French lines.

[RCNW3]
Members
1,928 posts
19,403 battles

Grinded a bit this weekend

Still doing Italian Cruisers, up to Brindisi.  This is a good tier 9 cruiser, have the Spamoni Commander in it, and loaded up with flags - had some tough games so not as much progress as I would like, about 90k left of the grind - 8 to 11 more games I would think.

Also, regrinding US DDs for the double points.  At the Benson, and was a tough weekend with terrible teams, only 3 wins out of 8 games.  Benson has been power creeped something awful.  When I originally grinded three years ago, only three lines of DDs in the game (and the Bly).  OWSF was still a thing, and Benson was a good gunboat.  Now with all the other gunboat DDs, and all the radar/hydro ships, decent guns and crappy torps do not cut it.  Getting tiered up is painful, Nothing like having a Friesland hunt you down and no real way to defend yourself.

Thinking this whole regrind thing is not worth it.  Will have 60k points after I finish the US DDs (two double points, one normal and the 10k we got at the start).  Regrinding really drains the resources (flags, camo, Commander exp, credits), and the long grinds at tier7/8/9 just gets too tiring.  Leaning towards Colbert at this point, since I would have to grind another line to get the 2k points needed for Ohio. Have the Georgia (which I enjoy), so not sold that I need to go through the extra pain required to get enough points for Ohio.

[H_]
Members
748 posts
11,818 battles

For some reason i got a T1 Italian cruiser in Port.. Still not sure where it came from.  So.. been a long time since i played a T1 boat.. so off i went. Considering im up to the Zara - not sure why i got it.

Wow..  sat in queue for the full 5 mins then got dumped into a 4x4  match i believe it was.   You could tell that some of the folks had played before like me a long time.  Ship handling / firing accuracy etc..  And OMG slow.. but it was fun and considering it was another 1 sided stomp.. My team won.. yay us..  So now i played it and it will sit in port not used again unless something special comes up.

Scenario :  i'm still trying to figure out how folks don't understand "protect the CV".. or you lose.  such a difficult concept i guess.  Granted I've had my share of brain farts but wow some spectacular losses in the scenario.  Some great games as well. 

didn't do any Ranked.. at 10.. will stay there.

Randoms- the usual some good some bad.. Usual stomps both ways..  

[ARGSY]
Members
20,616 posts
14,702 battles
1 minute ago, S16_Hunter said:

For some reason i got a T1 Italian cruiser in Port..

That's because this patch was the full-release debut of the Italian tech tree, and when a nation's tech tree debuts for the very first time you get the Tier 1 "cruiser" in port with its own free port slot.

You didn't see it with the Brit carriers and the Russian BBs because they already had existing tech trees to branch off.

The last time this happened was with the Pan-Asian destroyers, quite some time ago.

It will happen again when the pan-European destroyers make their entrance sometime in 2020.

[H_]
Members
748 posts
11,818 battles

Didn't know that.. Thanks.   

4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That's because this patch was the full-release debut of the Italian tech tree, and when a nation's tech tree debuts for the very first time you get the Tier 1 "cruiser" in port with its own free port slot.

Members
330 posts
14,002 battles
8 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Enjoy the North Carolina.  That was a long grind for me to the Iowa (which I researched and purchased this year); but now the grind is for the modules (unless I FXP them) and eventual culmination to the Montana.

My weekend spree was taken up mostly with packing (and I hate packing).  Still working on it with 3 days (counting today) left of work on the project site.  Then it's about 2 weeks of travel to move my stuff from Texas to New Jersey, all before Christmas.  I did play some to relax, but other than finishing the 4th directive in the Italian line, and doing some credit towards the HOF, not much else of significance.  Hoping I can get a jump on the Christmas/PR event on Wednesday and Thursday of this week before my travel comes into play (won't have my laptop with me so I'll be off-line for days at a time; warships withdrawals...LOL).

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,712 posts
4,169 battles

I finished the 4th leg of Honourable Service on Saturday and did the 5th leg in five games on Sunday.  So I now have a shiny new Shinonome. :D

EDIT: I also managed to buy the Lightning.  Next up is the Minsk.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,783 posts
8 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Congrats on escaping the Colorado.

NC has its own issues, but at least it has some other aspects that can be used to cover for those issues. 

[PVE]
Members
4,425 posts
19,305 battles

I was out in the woods till Sunday.....  And, Sunday was "just weird..."  Tried ranked and that told me to "do something else...." (extremely toxic and no one knew what to do???)  Played a few COOP and scenarios matches.  Like S16_Hunter said, there are a lot of players that have little or any idea of what to do......even, if told in chat.  I don't have any grinds at the moment and nothing really "to do" in the game so, I logged off and worked on cleaning up being gone for a few days hunting.....

I do have a lot of questions about the "build a ship" concept and the next patch...........but, they can wait.......

Members
3,657 posts
13,178 battles

First week back after 2 months.

Couldnt win in my secondary BBs, Ill have to refocus on influencing the battle more with these ships.

Started the ITA cruisers at tier 5. Ships are great for a cruiser player in random. They have their obvious weaknesses, but can still be setup to be used for great effectiveness. Nice speed and maneuverability, which I always look for in ships.

Overall not bad, for not playing in awhile. Playerbase skill wise, looks the same to me. Playerbase complaints, ITA cruiser complaints, CV complaints, still dont affect me.

weekend.jpg

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
5,077 posts
8,205 battles

Played a bit in an attempt to grind for the Freisland, but teams were so bad this weekend (and today) that I’m ready to uninstall. Ranked is good, randoms are literal horse feces. 

• Funny 1

[0456]
Members
484 posts
9,120 battles

can't say enough about the teams i've had the last week, (end)

resized1 - Copy.png

[NG-NL]
Members
6,179 posts
9,835 battles

Did some Ranked. Conqueror and Zao proved pretty worthy.

Think I've had enough of Ranked for this season, TBH.