You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HorrorRoach

I got an Arizona?

26 comments in this topic

[BS]
Members
1,981 posts
10,899 battles

Anyone know why I got an Arizona? I saw it pop up on the left side of the screen when I logged in, the Ship/port slot/commander. Problem is, I quit the game before my last battle ended, so I didn't get to see the rewards pop up after the battle (would've told me what mission I finished obv). Wasn't there some Arizona thingy going on I might've participated in?

Thing is, I already had an Arizona. I see 94,521 xp accrued on it as well. I thought credits or doubloons are given out for duplicate ships anyway, didn't get either of those.

EJ

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,624 posts
14,196 battles
6 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

You finished the CM for renting the AZ...

Just ignore it..

He must have forgotten that he had opted in but he gets a port slot and a captain that he keeps. I already have the AZ and when I finished tonight I only got the captain, I had 12 slots when I logged on and I had 12 when I logged off. @Femennenly could you check into this please?

Members
1 post
87 battles
15 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

He must have forgotten that he had opted in but he gets a port slot and a captain that he keeps. I already have the AZ and when I finished tonight I only got the captain, I had 12 slots when I logged on and I had 12 when I logged off. @Femennenly could you check into this please?

Same here.  Same problem.

Do we know if this is a glitch or by design?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,624 posts
14,196 battles
7 minutes ago, SouthTexasSquid said:

Same here.  Same problem.

Do we know if this is a glitch or by design?

It is not stated in the mission write up so I hope it is a glitch because if it isn't it is a rather low move by WG.

I had a heck of a time finding the captain not finding him in the reserve and finally noticed that my AZ was ready to go when she was not as I had no captain on her before finishing the mission and there he was. I am getting back to having too many extra captains but with 192 open reserve slots I am not worried.

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles

I wish AZ handled better - that's the reason I never play mine. She just loses too much speed in turns. It makes 21 knots feel downright glacial.

WV '41 is the better boat.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
4,446 posts
11,577 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

but he gets a port slot 

Are you sure about that? As far as I can recall from the other recent rental missions and rental ships, the only permanent thing is the captain - the slot gets removed with the ship when the rental period expires.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,624 posts
14,196 battles
2 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Are you sure about that? As far as I can recall from the other recent rental missions and rental ships, the only permanent thing is the captain - the slot gets removed with the ship when the rental period expires.

I could be wrong, I am definitely not infallible.

[ABCD3]
Members
491 posts
12,482 battles

If you have the Arizona already, you get the 6 pt. captain and slot port.   I  had 8 ports now I have 9.   

[WOLFC]
Members
2,912 posts
16,694 battles

Well, the article wasn't explicit about the slot or the commander being permanent ... but it sounds like you got an answer. 

aaa.jpg.60f35857e3d415fce195c89b079585f0.jpg

I didn't bother to Opt In to the Pearl Harbor event and didn't even realize the Arizona rental was the second part of the option.  Glad it wasn't something I really wanted.  These Opt-In, Untrackable missions really are an amateurish way to implement activities.

bbb.jpg.324dd38ea7d2496cf46001249064e0a3.jpg

Edited by DocWalker
typo

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,350 posts
12,441 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I could be wrong, I am definitely not infallible.

However you could possibly be inflatable.

[4HIM]
Members
3,107 posts
13,065 battles

The reward doesn't mention a port slot.  I thought it did when I hit "Participate", but looking at it now it only shows the ship and 6 point commander.  No mention of port slot.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,616 posts
14,702 battles
2 hours ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

The reward doesn't mention a port slot.  I thought it did when I hit "Participate", but looking at it now it only shows the ship and 6 point commander.  No mention of port slot.

I don't think I got one with the Kaga rental either (I didn't manage to finish the Saipan mission). It came with its own port slot and left with it.

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,521 battles
5 hours ago, DocWalker said:

These Opt-In, Untrackable missions really are an amateurish way to implement activities.

I opted in and the mission tracking was displayed in personal assignments just as any others are. There is another contest that is not a mission but a chance to earn points toward a prize using USN and IJN ships and an extra point for using specific ships listed. If it's too difficult to manually track the points one earns then this game is too difficult for one to play.

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,256 posts
16,326 battles
11 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Could you please indicate where you're seeing notice of a free port slot. 

As per the reward, I am only seeing:

image.png

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
820 posts
7,316 battles
6 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

image.png

I didn’t see it there either but in game under the Rewards Collected button I saw Arizona, the 6 point captain, and a port slot. I tried to screenshot it but I inadvertently clicked off of it and it disappeared. 

[WOLFG]
Members
9,927 posts
8,984 battles
1 minute ago, Diesel_Thunder said:

I didn’t see it there either but in game under the Rewards Collected button I saw Arizona, the 6 point captain, and a port slot. I tried to screenshot it but I inadvertently clicked off of it and it disappeared. 

I think that is just so it doesn't eat/cost you a port slot during the rental.

Definite cause of confusion.

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,256 posts
16,326 battles
6 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I think that is just so it doesn't eat/cost you a port slot during the rental.

Definite cause of confusion.

This would be correct.

3 minutes ago, Frigate007 said:

So you keep the Captain?

I believe so. 

[GOBI]
Members
1,085 posts
4,420 battles

Hope so, I did not realize it was a rental and upgraded ship and Captain. Played 8 battles in her, 3 wins in a row before my internet went south and could not hit anything with 5 loses in a row. Fun ship if top or mid tier. Stripped upgrades last night, moved Captain and retrained to Clemson. What is WG thinking about making it a rental? Or any ship a rental for such a short period? I can see it being useful if it was a t10 ship, but t6? Confused....

[RKLES]
Members
12,554 posts
14,283 battles
32 minutes ago, Frigate007 said:

Hope so, I did not realize it was a rental and upgraded ship and Captain. Played 8 battles in her, 3 wins in a row before my internet went south and could not hit anything with 5 loses in a row. Fun ship if top or mid tier. Stripped upgrades last night, moved Captain and retrained to Clemson. What is WG thinking about making it a rental? Or any ship a rental for such a short period? I can see it being useful if it was a t10 ship, but t6? Confused....

Yeah WG kind of dropped the ball with that one, since most multi sequence missions like that one are for ships you get to keep, especially if it’s like a tier VI premium. Heard a lot of people grumbling about that one. Because if it’s a rental then just hand it to the players more easily, but if you have a mission chain then let players keep the ship.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,624 posts
14,196 battles
8 hours ago, Fodder4U said:

However you could possibly be inflatable.

I am inflated. I am working on the weight slowly but surely.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,624 posts
14,196 battles
1 hour ago, Femennenly said:

image.png

The in game one showed an Arizona rental, a port slot, and the captain. It said nothing about it being taken away when the rental went away.

[KREW]
Members
590 posts
13,599 battles

Ahoy mates,

I got the Arizona rental and the Saipan rental, and after they went away, I did get to keep the 2 six point captains, but not the port slots.

Fair seas