You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
reza577

selling steel in santa crates?

19 comments in this topic

[-N-]
Beta Testers
152 posts
3,694 battles

I read on the forums that WG was selling steel last christmas or something, is that true?

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,127 posts
4,661 battles

No.  Steel was awarded for knocking certain Snowflakes off (playing to a win) certain ships. 

WG will do it again this year.  The Steel rewards are small, but ir you have a lot of high-tier ships, you could accumulate a significant amount.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,212 posts
16,540 battles

There was the Steel Monsters campaign which you could only get by purchasing from the premium shop that awarded 4k steel.

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,901 posts
4,624 battles
6 minutes ago, reza577 said:

I read on the forums that WG was selling steel last christmas or something, is that true?

There was a buyable steel campaign I think last year or the year before and yes the snowflakes for steel as well.

[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors, Supertester
946 posts
13,716 battles

Steel is a wasted resource. 

Bacon is more valuable. 

• Cool 4

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,447 posts
9,989 battles
17 minutes ago, _greifer said:

Bacon is more valuable. 

WG should have just done the big brain answer and made Steel instead "Strips of bacon".

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
4,465 posts
11,592 battles
12 minutes ago, CaliburxZero said:

WG should have just done the big brain answer and made Steel instead "Strips of bacon".

But then no one would spend it, because the vegetarians and vegans wouldn't want meat and the meat eaters would rather eat it than give it away for something

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,447 posts
9,989 battles
10 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

But then no one would spend it, because the vegetarians and vegans wouldn't want meat and the meat eaters would rather eat it than give it away for something

True, but I think we're only selling strips of bacon to you know... PEOPLE.  :Smile_trollface:

And hey, meat eaters will still buy~

[BUOY]
Members
1,062 posts
14,762 battles
47 minutes ago, reza577 said:

In addition to the mentioned Steel Monsters campaign, you could also get an additional 2k steel task with the $120 PEF bundle (as well as 200 steel per t8-10 premium if you really wanted to whale it up).

[PIMPS]
Members
1,554 posts
1 hour ago, _greifer said:

Bacon is more valuable. 

How about steel bacon strips?

• Cool 1

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles
1 hour ago, grumpymunky said:

There was the Steel Monsters campaign which you could only get by purchasing from the premium shop that awarded 4k steel.

I wonder if they'll do steel monsters again, or if it was just a one-off.

[SYN]
Members
8,236 posts
13,957 battles

They sold a (very easy) campaign in which steel could be earned, so yea, basically they sold steel. They have said nothing about them doing anything like that this year.

[IRNBN]
Members
3,493 posts
10,381 battles
3 hours ago, CaliburxZero said:

One mere strip is just a tease. But a pound of bacon? Now you're talking! :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,914 posts
16,734 battles
4 hours ago, reza577 said:

Here's the article on the Steel Campaigns and Missions ...

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/steel-monsters-campaign/

sss.jpg

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
12,125 posts
24,982 battles
6 hours ago, lloyd1701 said:

In addition to the mentioned Steel Monsters campaign, you could also get an additional 2k steel task with the $120 PEF bundle (as well as 200 steel per t8-10 premium if you really wanted to whale it up).

That mission was available to anyone with the PEF. It wasn't part of the bundle. I bought the base PEF and had access to it. IF you won the PEF you had access to it (but little time to complete it). It was called Nerves of Steel and it gave you 2019 steel (400 X 5 tasks and then 19 for completing).

[BUOY]
Members
1,062 posts
14,762 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

That mission was available to anyone with the PEF. It wasn't part of the bundle. I bought the base PEF and had access to it. IF you won the PEF you had access to it (but little time to complete it). It was called Nerves of Steel and it gave you 2019 steel (400 X 5 tasks and then 19 for completing).

There was another 2k mission on top of that for 4k steel with the Steel Prinz package.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,699 posts
14,760 battles
9 hours ago, reza577 said:

It was, last year.

This year they have not even hinted at plans to do so. On the PTS, 2000 steel were buried in the latter part of this year's massive ship-construction marathon, but we have yet to see if this will carry over to the live server.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,699 posts
14,760 battles
8 hours ago, _greifer said:

Bacon is more valuable. 

Both are useful. You use steel to form the heated surface upon which the bacon is cooked.

• Funny 1