Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Pugilistic

Guess What the Queue Looks Like at T 4

12 comments in this topic

[A-I-M]
Members
3,147 posts
22,445 battles

Got an even better one, DDs were 8 just a second or so before I took this screenshot. 

image.thumb.png.3e289b7fdfe5babd0f9748ceeab6a89e.png

Members
328 posts
20 battles

Of course it looks like that - T4 CV's have to grind through tiers 4 and 5 at T4 XP rates (which are much lower than T5 rates).   This means that a CV player trying to get to the next tier in their T4 CV will have to grind for four times as long as a player of the other classes trying to get through from T4 to the next tier.

Hence any single T4 CV player will have four times the impact in terms of battles played on the T4 queue as any other ship type - given this it's amazing there are so few CV's in the queue.

If WG want to solve the T4 CV population issue, then decreasing the XP requirements to get to T6 and/or increasing XP gains for T4 CV's will very directly benefit this.  A rebalance of T4 AA to plane health would help too, since although AA is very well balanced through the other tiers, at T4 it is a bit too weak, which encourages more experienced players to play T4 CV's.  The majority of the issue is the grind length though, since most T4 CV players are people grinding rather than clubbing.

It is concerning that WG are changing the CV MM caps, since that will inevitable result in many more T4 MM dumps, which give much worse match making and are less fun for almost everybody.  This is basically plastering over the cracks, rather than fixing them.

• Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
11,116 posts
18,750 battles

You guys know, posting a queue page at a given time... Is like watching Ruiz vs Joshua 2 fight...

Not everything seen is in real time

Not everything being displayed is accurate...

The match itself will not represent the queue stated...

• Boring 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,512 posts
6,676 battles

shot-19_12.08_20_22.25-0989.thumb.jpg.d9f94e8778923de586c8bd11daf2156e.jpg

just now...Cruisers are running off all the players at T4

• Cool 1

[-N-]
Beta Testers
152 posts
3,686 battles
35 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

image.thumb.png.7b67585e165327bfde2235d3ca578463.png

Well they are a fun engaging class. 

Unlike your BB class which takes 30 sec to shoot 1 Salvo and 10min to go from one side of map to the other. 

If anything we need more classes like the Carriers. Which is getting new players play the game. 

• Boring 3

[O_O]
Members
6,559 posts
15,568 battles

For CV's, T4 seems drastically overpopulated compared to T6 and T8.  One or even two CV's can be manageable...but 3 CV's per team at T4, where the rest of the ships have weak AA, is a problem.  I don't get why it happens because I can't do much damage with a T4 CV (probably because I am not a very good CV player), but I see plenty of other players who can work the system just fine.  It appears to me something needs to be tweaked.  CV heavy at tier 4 is NOT good for new players trying to learn the game.

Sign in to follow this