Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Seawolf148

Concealment/stackable

12 comments in this topic

Members
121 posts
1,932 battles

More rookie question....Concealment and stackables....If I have a hydroacoustic consumable (detects torps at 4.37K...Then have a special upgrade, +20%,have the Commander's  concealment skill +25%, then target acquisition consumable, +20%...Does that mean that I can detect a torps at around 6K? 

+20%+20%+25%= 55% of 4.37= 2.40...

Then, 4.37+2.4=6.76K.  ergo: I can detect torps at 6.67K?

Yes? Or is my math and understanding of  these things total out to lunch?  Is everything stack-able? (cumulative?) Something like the signal flags?

Thanks all.

Edited by Seawolf148

[WOLF5]
Members
900 posts
34,624 battles
15 minutes ago, Seawolf148 said:

More rookie question....Concealment and stackables....If I have a hydroacoustic consumable (detects torps at 4.37K...Then have a special upgrade, +20%,have the Commander's  concealment skill +25%, then target acquisition consumable, +20%...Does that mean that I can detect a torps at around 6K? 

Yes? Or is my math and understanding of  these things total out to lunch?  Is everything stack-able? (cumulative?) Something like the signal flags?

Thanks all.

You're out for breakfast.

The commander skill (Vigilance) extends your ability to detect torpedoes by +25%, The TASM module extends that a further +20%. Note these are multiplicative, not additive.  The special hydro module that you buy for coal increases the ACTION TIME for your hydro by 20%; it does not extend the range only the duration that your hydro is up.

So if your base torpedo detection is 4.37km, stacking vigilance and the TASM module you allow you to detect torpedoes at 6.56km. 4.37*1.25*1.20=6.56

The Concealment module and commander Concealment skill decrease your ships visibility to the reds and they do stack. They do not change your spotting range of red ships or torpedoes. 

Members
121 posts
1,932 battles

So, my math is correct for a 4.37K hydroacoustic?   That's quite the forewarning....over 6.6K.....

And thanks you the reply.

Edited by Seawolf148

Members
121 posts
1,932 battles
14 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

You're out for breakfast.

The commander skill (Vigilance) extends your ability to detect torpedoes by +25%, The TASM module extends that a further +20%. Note these are multiplicative, not additive.  The special hydro module that you buy for coal increases the ACTION TIME for your hydro by 20%; it does not extend the range only the duration that your hydro is up.

So if your base torpedo detection is 4.37km, stacking vigilance and the TASM module you allow you to detect torpedoes at 6.56km. 4.37*1.25*1.20=6.56

The Concealment module and commander Concealment skill decrease your ships visibility to the reds and they do stack. They do not change your spotting range of red ships or torpedoes. 

I'm out for breakfast? Well, thanks you for your adult reply. Was it too m ch to say that got the special upgrade wrong as it allows for increase in time?

So, it's more like 45%...25% commander skill+20% TASM+ 45%....My understanding was wrong by .11K  That's all you had to say....... Kids these days.....

Edited by Seawolf148
updated

[WOLF6]
Members
462 posts
3,461 battles

@Seawolf148

Vigilance stacks with Hydro

Vigilance stacks with TASM

TASM does not stack with Hydro

Remove TASM from your calculation.  It has no effect on hydro.  Also check your numbers.  No ship in the game has a base hydro range of 4.37 if the wiki is up to date.

Have you visited the wiki?  It has the answer to 90% of the questions asked on this forum.

Another good tool is wowsft.com.  Its Fitting Tool allows you to test different captain/ship build combinations, and shows the effect on ship stats.

As far as h9k_a's response, your first post literally asked if you were out to lunch.

[SALVO]
Members
25,035 posts
26,407 battles
1 hour ago, Seawolf148 said:

Thanks all.

Actually, I don't think that concealment is calculated that way.  That's the way that I thought it was calculated, but when comparing my calculations with what would show up on the wiki (IIRC), it never matched.  I think that the actual way that it's calculated is this:

(Base Concealment) x (0.9 for CE skill) x (0.9 for concealment upgrade) x (0.97 for camo) = Modified Concealment

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
3,002 posts
15,769 battles
1 hour ago, Seawolf148 said:

detects torps at 4.37K...Then have a special upgrade, +20%,have the Commander's  concealment skill +25%, then target acquisition consumable, +20%...Does that mean that I can detect a torps at around 6K?

4.37km+ 4.37*0.25  <-- ONLY

then + other spotting mechanics

Commander concealment is different from spotting incoming torp.

It also stack with the Captain skill Concealment expert + camo value

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,237 posts
4,119 battles
2 hours ago, Seawolf148 said:

Thanks all.

They are stackable, but they stack in a different way, you calculate the actual percentage value, then add it to the base value, not add percentages then multiply.

So if you have hydro that detects at 4.37, then it would be 4.37+(4.37*.25) = 5.46km.

Only Vigilance stacks with hydro, the others do not.

However, there is no base hydro range of 4.37. I suspect you have 3.5 base range, because 3.5 + (3.5*.25) = 4.375. So that 4.37 is your base plus vigilance. The game displays the current range, not the base range. So if you already have Vigilance on the captain, that's already been calculated.

You haven't told us which ship this is on, but 3.5 is base torp detection for high tier KMS DDs, Bismark, and all high tier CA/CLs except KMS. So if we're talking one of those with a vigilance captain in place, 4.37km is your final torp detection with hydro running. Sorry to burst your bubble, but 6+ km would be ridiculous.

• Cool 1

Members
121 posts
1,932 battles
On 12/8/2019 at 9:49 PM, AJTP89 said:

They are stackable, but they stack in a different way, you calculate the actual percentage value, then add it to the base value, not add percentages then multiply.

So if you have hydro that detects at 4.37, then it would be 4.37+(4.37*.25) = 5.46km.

Only Vigilance stacks with hydro, the others do not.

However, there is no base hydro range of 4.37. I suspect you have 3.5 base range, because 3.5 + (3.5*.25) = 4.375. So that 4.37 is your base plus vigilance. The game displays the current range, not the base range. So if you already have Vigilance on the captain, that's already been calculated.

You haven't told us which ship this is on, but 3.5 is base torp detection for high tier KMS DDs, Bismark, and all high tier CA/CLs except KMS. So if we're talking one of those with a vigilance captain in place, 4.37km is your final torp detection with hydro running. Sorry to burst your bubble, but 6+ km would be ridiculous.

I have  the Atago and with the hydroacoustic, it states that  the "detection of torpedoes"    4.37K. But that is the right. I just had never heard of base range before. Thanks...Now I understand...But 4.37 is still  a great distance.

On 12/8/2019 at 9:49 PM, AJTP89 said:

[CHASE]
[CHASE]
Beta Testers
391 posts
11,797 battles

I don't think there's a hydro in the game that detects torps at 4.37km. The best T8-T10 German hydro have torp detection at 4km. But the math regarding detection bonuses should be correct as posts above me point out

Sign in to follow this