Sign in to follow this  
Battlecruiser_Repulse

Just finished watching Castlevania (spoilers)

3 comments in this topic

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles

Boy, that was depressing. I've always been a fan of Dracula - not just in the Castlevania games, but in Bram Stoker's original. He's rather easy to sympathize with, as far as villains go, although Castlevania's transformation of the character into essentially the ultimate misanthrope is particularly compelling.

Though I knew how the things would end - had to end - I was really sorry to see Vlad go. His intervention on behalf of Isaac was, arguably, the best moment of the entire series, and while I know Dracula will return (my guess is at the end of Season 3), it will never really be the same. Canonically, his death via Alucard was really the destruction of all remnants of his soul - I doubt he will ever be shown in such a relatable light again.

I'll be honest, much as I really liked Trevor, I was left wishing Dracula had won. He's the most interesting of all the characters, and it sucks he always has to lose. I don't believe this series will ever allow him to win, so - invariably - he'll just wind up dead again :[.

Edited by Battlecruiser_PrncsRoyal
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
8,402 posts
14,458 battles

The old-school Nintendo Castlevania franchise brings back some serious nostalgia from my youth.  Those games creeped me out a decent amount in my single-digit ages.

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles

I was, however, really disappointed with the pacing of season 2. The script read as if it had been expanded from 4 to 8 episodes with a ton of ditched ideas from season 1 utilized as filler. Whenever your three primary characters are stuck in the basement of a library for 3/4ths on an entire story arc (literally), you know you've got problems.

I mean, good grief, the series is called Castlevania; it's about time spent crawling through a fortress so large that it is frequently the entire game's content. And they can only devote one episode to attacking it AND fighting Dracula?

Sign in to follow this