You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Nick_Mikado

Commander skills

15 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
934 battles

I'm wondering if it makes sense to use each skill point as you get them, then redistribute when you have enough to get the next tier of skills

So  starting with a three point Capt. I pick one T-1 skill and then one from  T-2 then as I gain another point I add another  tier 1 skill  and then another  tier 1 so i end up with three tier 1 skills and one T-2 until i gain a third point and redistribute to  have one skill of each  T-1 T-2 and T-3.

this way while i''m playing to gain more commander points I'm using the ones I already have until I can get to a T-3 skill

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,070 posts
4,661 battles
4 minutes ago, Nick_Mikado said:

I'm wondering if it makes sense to use each skill point as you get them, then redistribute when you have enough to get the next tier of skills

Do you have a good job and make good money?  Does $2 USD mean much to you?  If not, then spend the Doubloons to reset the skills and at higher tiers the 500 Db to complete training.  Otherwise try to plan for the future when you use your points.

In my case, I have a bunch of captains with 12 points, awaiting that 13th or 14th.  (My Elite CXP goes for re-training.)

Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
19,850 posts
12,029 battles
14 minutes ago, Nick_Mikado said:

So  starting with a three point Capt. I pick one T-1 skill and then one from  T-2 then as I gain another point I add another  tier 1 skill  and then another  tier 1 so i end up with three tier 1 skills and one T-2 until i gain a third point and redistribute to  have one skill of each  T-1 T-2 and T-3.

this way while i''m playing to gain more commander points I'm using the ones I already have until I can get to a T-3 skill

11 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Do you have a good job and make good money?  Does $2 USD mean much to you?  If not, then spend the Doubloons to reset the skills and at higher tiers the 500 Db to complete training.  Otherwise try to plan for the future when you use your points.

In my case, I have a bunch of captains with 12 points, awaiting that 13th or 14th.  (My Elite CXP goes for re-training.)

This^^^

If spending $2 per reset if not a big deal, then sure. It would be cheaper to plan ahead what you want your Cmdrs to have and just buy the skills when you get the points.

I used to use a text file to keep track of what I planned to do, but now I have a spreadsheet made by Counter_Gambit to do that instead.

1642901667_skillplanning.thumb.JPG.2bbf1c48a1ea5ab61a6eda8204b3d2b8.JPG

[PVE]
Members
19,850 posts
12,029 battles
7 minutes ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

Spreadsheet says you're having fun???

For me yes. For others, it depends.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,070 posts
4,661 battles
11 minutes ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

Spreadsheet says you're having fun???

Yeah, actually.  I'd feel naked without mine.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,129 posts
13,477 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

Yeah, actually.  I'd feel naked without mine.

So, you’re saying that a spreadsheet is the most fun you can have with your clothes on?

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,070 posts
4,661 battles
8 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

So, you’re saying that a spreadsheet is the most fun you can have with your clothes on?

No, driving racy cars is the most fun you can have with your clothes on.  But a quality spreadsheet beats Angry Birds.  Or Twitter.

[PVE]
Members
19,850 posts
12,029 battles
8 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

No, driving racy cars is the most fun you can have with your clothes on.  But a quality spreadsheet beats Angry Birds.  Or Twitter.

So the race cars have to be racy?

Like this?

014-car-craft-vintage-funny-car-nhra-us-

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,070 posts
4,661 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

So the race cars have to be racy?

Like this?

Nah.  Too one-track minded.  Real racy cars have to negotiate actual streets with curves and hills — rather like those of a woman.  A road course like the Nordschleife at Nürburgring is close and a lot safer (not to say safe). Kinesthesia is great, but there should also be an awareness that you have your life in your own hands. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
19,850 posts
12,029 battles
6 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Nah.  Too one-track minded.  Real racy cars have to negotiate actual streets with curves and hills — rather like those of a woman.  A road course like the Nordschleife at Nürburgring is close and a lot safer (not to say safe). Kinesthesia is great, but there should also be an awareness that you have your life in your own hands. 

That was the first race car that I could find with the...top...um up.

So is this race car a racy car?

lemans-24-hours-of-le-mans-test-day-2015

;)

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,070 posts
4,661 battles

That's a pretty racy car.  Looks like the garages at LeMans.  It'll do.

[PVE]
Members
19,850 posts
12,029 battles
4 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

That's a pretty racy car.  Looks like the garages at LeMans.  It'll do.

:Smile_teethhappy: I did search on 24 hour of LeMans, so good eye.