You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Zath

Sharing a significant personal achievement

19 comments in this topic

[-K-]
SuperTest Coordinator, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,922 posts
21,232 battles

Hope that's OK!  Many of you know I teach high school...  two years ago I started the National Board Certification program.  This thing's like a Masters Program, except your work is graded and if you don't certify, you get nothing (GOOD DAY, SIR!).  Many people fail, spending thousands of dollars for the opportunity.  Few succeed.  Yesterday at midnight, I logged in to find out that I had succeeded.  I look back on two years of stress, strain, making me question if I even wanted to stay in education, and hope it was worth it.  Time will tell.  

Anyways, just wanted to share this.  I'm sure many of you have had significant personal achievements...  please feel free to share them here!  

• Cool 22

[TWFT]
Members
1,368 posts
37,792 battles

OUTSTANDING!  That is a epic achievement.  

You sort of made it to Rank 1 as a teacher.        :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[-K-]
5,922 posts
21,232 battles
21 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

OUTSTANDING!  That is a epic achievement.  

You sort of made it to Rank 1 as a teacher.        :Smile_honoring:

LOL I guess I did rank out...  didn't think of it that way!

16 minutes ago, Alabamastan said:

Gratz mate.

13 minutes ago, NoLoveForPhatShips said:

875404639_giphy(9).gif.25df9cb860f96de1ce18e083676ee4ff.gif

4 minutes ago, Lert said:

Nice! Grats.

Thanks guys <3

• Cool 1

[RST]
Members
516 posts
11,090 battles

Congratulations!!  Awesome professional (and personal) achievement.  Thank you for your service.

• Cool 1

[_RNG_]
Members
787 posts
8,525 battles

Congratulations @Lord_Zath! I didn't know you were a teacher but now that I do it all makes sense: here in World of Warships you are an educator, teaching players how to play better.

Thank you for your service - teachers deserve way more respect (and pay!) than they get.

• Cool 2

[-K-]
5,922 posts
21,232 battles
16 minutes ago, Jester_of_War said:

Congratulations @Lord_Zath! I didn't know you were a teacher but now that I do it all makes sense: here in World of Warships you are an educator, teaching players how to play better.

Thank you for your service - teachers deserve way more respect (and pay!) than they get.

Thanks!  A big reason I've dumped so much time and passion into ZRT is because, quite frankly, I don't feel as appreciated in my professional life.  So...  I put my talents elsewhere.  I'm hoping this cert will help bridge the gap, but I'm not certain.  What I am certain of is after 15 years of service at my school, I'm prettymuch stuck.  If I go elsewhere, I'll get maybe 8 or 9 years' of experience on the payscale.  Ouch.  

But rather than worry about that, I'm having a hell of a great time helping this community.  Not every job/career can be fulfilling...  that's why we have hobbies, right?  :)

Edited by Lord_Zath

[Y0L0]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,743 posts
5,513 battles

Congrats and thank you for your service to our children. Takes a real stand up person to be a teacher.

Also... Great Wonka quote!

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,862 posts
21,756 battles

Congrats Lord_Zath!  That is quite some achievement - and all completely voluntary, too!

http://www.nea.org/home/31738.htm

I am glad to know there are teachers of your caliber out there.

• Cool 1

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
1,042 posts
17,988 battles

Congratulations! That is fantastic. You have every right to be proud of your accomplishment. And you have my respect and appreciation not only for what you do here, but for your desire to teach new generations of young people important things that will enrich their lives and help to move the world increasingly into the light of knowledge.

May your continued career in education be long and rewarding!

Respects,

Am

• Cool 1

[-K-]
5,922 posts
21,232 battles

Thanks, all!  Not to derail the topic, but I'm about to go live with my giveaway stream.  Come hang out and win something!  Giving away $250 worth of prizes.  See thread below for infos :)

twitch.tv/lord_zath