Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Splash1701D

PT or PM for BB Commander Skills

PT or PM for BB Commander Skills  

20 members have voted

  1. 1. First Level BB Commander Skill

    • Priority Target
      14
    • Preventative Maintenance
      6

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

13
[USCGC]
Members
52 posts
2,067 battles

I'm taking Expert Marksman on the second level but there sees to be some debate on the best point for the first level Commander Skill for BB. 

Also, after choosing Priority Target, where am I supposed to see the notification/alert? 

Edited by Splash1701D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,505
[RKLES]
Members
12,554 posts
14,283 battles
35 minutes ago, Splash1701D said:

I'm taking Expert Marksman on the second level but there sees to be some debate on the best point for the first level Commander Skill for BB. 

Also, after choosing Priority Target, where am I supposed to see the notification/alert? 

The indicator for showing your detected gets a circle with the number of ships that have target lock on you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[USCGC]
Members
52 posts
2,067 battles
3 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

The indicator for showing your detected gets a circle with the number of ships that have target lock on you.

Is it the Gold/Yellow circle thing that shows in the upper right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,505
[RKLES]
Members
12,554 posts
14,283 battles
3 minutes ago, Splash1701D said:

Is it the Gold/Yellow circle thing that shows in the upper right?

I think so, sounds about right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[USCGC]
Members
52 posts
2,067 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I think so, sounds about right.

I think so too. I just finished a battle where I was heading for a Cap and I saw a "1" pop in there and then it climbed quickly, one at a time, to "5". Noticing that I was all alone in my eagerness to Cap A, I did a hard to starboard but my Tier V CL armor sucks and I was soon visiting Davy Jones' locker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,077
[WORX]
Members
11,197 posts
18,804 battles

I take both... Especially, I do mean ESPECIALLY with BBs that have odd main battery turret configurations. (two or three battery configurations).

If its a BB with more then three then, I say go with PT for the majority of your BB builds...

Some BB turrets/main batteries are weaker then others... You should get PM down the road IF its not your first choice...

PT and ICFA both give you a warning icon when you're being pointed with guns from the reds.

  • ICFA actually tells you if the shots from long long range are "incoming" to your position. Very under used skill...

PT is good %90 of the time, while ICFA is good from tier 8 and above cruisers.

Hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,369
[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,256 posts
4,127 battles
2 hours ago, Splash1701D said:

I think so too. I just finished a battle where I was heading for a Cap and I saw a "1" pop in there and then it climbed quickly, one at a time, to "5". Noticing that I was all alone in my eagerness to Cap A, I did a hard to starboard but my Tier V CL armor sucks and I was soon visiting Davy Jones' locker. 

Yup, that's why PT is useful, let's you know if you can continue, or if way too many people are interested in putting holes in your ship. I've seen mine climb to 9, that was not fun. Some people claim if your good at situational awareness you don't need it, but IMO there's a difference between seeing them on the minimap and seeing if they're paying attention. And the minimap doesn't show unspotted ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
429
[NSEW]
Members
1,983 posts
11,000 battles
On 12/8/2019 at 1:02 PM, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

If you are good with reading the minimap, you can go without Priority Target...

Yeah, until a full 3 salvos of torps comin at you angry. Accurately, and close.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,845
[TARK]
Members
7,024 posts
2,634 battles
37 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Yeah, until a full 3 salvos of torps comin at you angry. Accurately, and close.

 

You didnt read the minimap, or you went alone.

Reading the map encompasses understanding what is shows and does not show. If the enemy DDs arent spotted and haven't been spotted for some time...you'd better be sailing evasively or with screening vessels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
318
[BIER]
Members
463 posts
7,138 battles

Also, be aware that Preventative Maintenance DOES NOT in any way apply to AA mounts or Secondaries.

For a BB, PM is really a big waste.  You already have the Upgrade slots to help increase your main gun survivability, and you hardly ever end up with engine or steering knocked out (and when you do, it's from torps, and PM doesn't really help that much against torps, due to their huge damage).  MAM1 in Slot 1 is the best choice here for BBs. 

Don't take PM on a BB. If you already have PT, and need to take another T1 skill for some reason, Expert Loader is a decent choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
269
[GC]
Alpha Tester
821 posts
4,048 battles

Priority Target gives you tons of information, and once you understand how to interpret what it's telling you, allows you to make decisions that can greatly influence the match. As such, it is far more valuable to any ship class than a bit better RNG when it comes to modules breaking.

PT > PM on every class, though destroyers, fragile as they are, can justify taking PM on the first pass since DD usually are #1 on everybody's hit list whenever they're spotted, anyway.

3 hours ago, LAnybody said:

If you already have PT, and need to take another T1 skill for some reason, Expert Loader is a decent choice.

This.

--Helms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×