Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
reza577

Coal upgrades in the armory???

25 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

157
[-N-]
Beta Testers
152 posts
3,694 battles

I have sene hydro upgrade and defensive AA upgrade in armory tab.

Are they like consumables? or do they upgrade all your hydros on all ships?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,572
[PVE]
Members
19,852 posts
12,031 battles
3 minutes ago, reza577 said:

I have sene hydro upgrade and defensive AA upgrade in armory tab.

Are they like consumables? or do they upgrade all your hydros on all ships?

They only work on certain ships. Hydro upgrade in slot 2 buffs the run time of the Hydro consumable.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Upgrades#Special_Upgrades

 

There is a coupon every patch, so you can get one upgrade per patch for cheap.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Armory#Coupons

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
157
[-N-]
Beta Testers
152 posts
3,694 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

They only work on certain ships. Hydro upgrade in slot 2 buffs the run time of the Hydro consumable.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Upgrades#Special_Upgrades

 

There is a coupon every patch, so you can get one upgrade per patch for cheap.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Armory#Coupons

 

i see.

thanks for the link.

But they are a 1 time buy thing right? or do i have to keep buying them with coal? iam saving up coal for jeanbart, so i dont wanna waste it on anything.

:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,682
[HINON]
Members
13,417 posts
4 minutes ago, reza577 said:

i see.

thanks for the link.

But they are a 1 time buy thing right? or do i have to keep buying them with coal? iam saving up coal for jeanbart, so i dont wanna waste it on anything.

:(

 

One only for the ship you put it on but if you want to demount if rather than destroy it, you have to use doubloons. You can buy more to put on other ships though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,572
[PVE]
Members
19,852 posts
12,031 battles
17 minutes ago, reza577 said:

i see.

thanks for the link.

But they are a 1 time buy thing right? or do i have to keep buying them with coal? iam saving up coal for jeanbart, so i dont wanna waste it on anything.

:(

 

12 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

 

One only for the ship you put it on but if you want to demount if rather than destroy it, you have to use doubloons. You can buy more to put on other ships though.

This^^^

 

I have the RADAR upgrade on my Des Moines and if I want one for my Worcester, I need to either demount the one on the DM for 25 dubs or buy a new one for Worcester. They cost 17,000 coal or 12,750 coal if you use your once an update coupon. Every update refreshes your upgrade coupon, so you can buy them over time cheaper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,660 posts
2 hours ago, reza577 said:

i see.

thanks for the link.

But they are a 1 time buy thing right? or do i have to keep buying them with coal? iam saving up coal for jeanbart, so i dont wanna waste it on anything.

:(

It is an upgraded mod, not a consumable.  The upgrades go in a mod spot and stay there until you remove it.  You can purchase multiple upgrades of the same type.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,075
[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,130 posts
4,661 battles
2 hours ago, reza577 said:

ut they are a 1 time buy thing right? or do i have to keep buying them with coal? iam saving up coal for jeanbart, so i dont wanna waste it on anything

You have to buy one for every ship you put it on.  I find some are useful, but if you're really saving Coal, don't bother to buy any.  You won't miss them.  Go for Jean Bart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
984
[KAPPA]
Members
3,115 posts
8,346 battles
Just now, iDuckman said:

You have to buy one for every ship you put it on.  I find some are useful, but if you're really saving Coal, don't bother to buy any.  You won't miss them.  Go for Jean Bart.

I'd argue that the smoke buff on Haida, Perth and Huanghe might be missed, but other than that pretty spot on. Those smoke mods really make or break the latter two, and make Haida that much more potent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,075
[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,130 posts
4,661 battles
Just now, Shoggoth_pinup said:

I'd argue that the smoke buff on Haida, Perth and Huanghe might be missed, but other than that pretty spot on. Those smoke mods really make or break the latter two, and make Haida that much more potent.

I like the DCP Mod 1 boost on my max-survival Bad Bote (New Mexico), but I could live without it.  (2M Potential Damage?  No prob.)

I wonder how many DDs have been caught out by the Radar Mod 1, though.  It's an interesting idea, but I bet the answer is "none".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
145
[PPFV]
[PPFV]
Members
341 posts
12 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

I'd argue that the smoke buff on Haida, Perth and Huanghe might be missed, but other than that pretty spot on. Those smoke mods really make or break the latter two, and make Haida that much more potent.

The Speed Boost mod on French DDs and CLs is also pretty close to mandatory if you want to use them to their fullest potential. But yeah, Haida, Perth, and Huanghe are basically incomplete without them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
984
[KAPPA]
Members
3,115 posts
8,346 battles
18 minutes ago, Hermetica said:

The Speed Boost mod on French DDs and CLs is also pretty close to mandatory if you want to use them to their fullest potential. But yeah, Haida, Perth, and Huanghe are basically incomplete without them.

And let's not forget Georgia, too! From 3 minute duration to 4:30 at 38 knots! Gods do I love that ship for co-op... You can cause a lot of trouble in that first 4:30 of a match, while also annoying green cruiser that you at times outpace. :Smile_teethhappy:

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,505
[RKLES]
Members
12,554 posts
14,283 battles
3 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

 

This^^^

 

I have the RADAR upgrade on my Des Moines and if I want one for my Worcester, I need to either demount the one on the DM for 25 dubs or buy a new one for Worcester. They cost 17,000 coal or 12,750 coal if you use your once an update coupon. Every update refreshes your upgrade coupon, so you can buy them over time cheaper.

Yeah I am using coupons to buy the special modules each month can be tremendous savings in coal if you plan ahead and know what you will be needing ahead of time or if you really need a certain module. Think I am currently fielding 7 ships with special modules which could have cost 119,000 coal and instead costs only 89,250 coal, a savings of 29,750 coal. So needless to say the coupons really do help. Particularly when I have a least 1 additional ship that needs special modules and will likely have a few more ships in the future I outfit with special modules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,017
[DVYJC]
Members
3,230 posts
7,152 battles
12 hours ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

I'd argue that the smoke buff on Haida, Perth and Huanghe might be missed, but other than that pretty spot on. Those smoke mods really make or break the latter two, and make Haida that much more potent.

Also the speed boost on French DDs is stupid, you end up being able to be speed boosted for something like 80% of the match...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
566 posts
255 battles

i got dcp special mod for monty, and probably avoid 2 fires in the 8 extra seconds. idk, it's underwhelming, and my main guns get knocked out more. also afaik the leg mod will go in that slot when i get it soon, in another 17k base xp. i forget what the other choice was, spotter plane mod or something. i want to.save coal in case there's ever a ship worth buying. so probably won't get a lot of special upgrades.

on a side note, why do cruisers that don't need steering gears upgraded get 40% reduction but bb's get 20% that isn't even noticable

noticed that when i put mods on all the clan battle rentals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
220 posts
9,821 battles

IMO don't bother with them unless your gearing up a premium ship or a T10 otherwise its a waste of resources if your going up the tech tree. As others have said though they are a permanent mod for the ship you put it on but can only be removed with gold or destroyed and replaced. They are totally worth it on ships your going to keep (extending radar duration for example on Des Moines, speed boost on Henri, or extended hydro on Hindenburg) but not so much if your just climbing the tech tree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3
[5D4]
Members
26 posts
13,126 battles

Modifications purchased with coal they only work on certain ships, as posted above.

So my question is::
Which purchased modifications [with coal] to which ship provides best performance?
Is there a list of which ships and which modifications [ purchased with Coal] gives you the best performance?

Looking for some great and correct information on this topic of Modifications Purchased with Coal.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,108
[WPORT]
Members
5,929 posts
10,951 battles
On 12/8/2019 at 12:19 AM, reza577 said:

I have sene hydro upgrade and defensive AA upgrade in armory tab.

Are they like consumables? or do they upgrade all your hydros on all ships?

They fill an "upgrade" slot in the Modules menu.

They, in the case of hydro or speed-boost, extend the time that the consumable operates.  They only work on the one ship the upgrade is installed on.

The speed-boost consumable upgrade is nice on several of my DD's and even on one of my French BB's.  :-)

There are tier/ship requirements for upgrades, so read the description thoroughly before purchasing.
A qualifying ship won't show the upgrade is available until *after* the upgrade is purchased (but not yet installed).  Look in the qualifying ship's module menu after purchasing an upgrade and you should see a green "+" below the upgrade slot it can be installed to.

I imagine they can be de-mounted if necessary.  Haven't tried it yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,108
[WPORT]
Members
5,929 posts
10,951 battles
31 minutes ago, Cajun_15 said:

Modifications purchased with coal they only work on certain ships, as posted above.

So my question is::
Which purchased modifications [with coal] to which ship provides best performance?
Is there a list of which ships and which modifications [ purchased with Coal] gives you the best performance?

Looking for some great and correct information on this topic of Modifications Purchased with Coal.

 

The upgrades improve the utilization time of certain consumables.  

Extending the operation time of speed-boost or hydro-acoustic-search or radar is useful.  Ship gets somewhere faster.  Ship finds targets otherwise hidden for a longer than normal amount of time.

Whatever the consumable is, if you, yes you personally, decide that it is an important capability to have on the ship, then get it when you have the coal to spare in your budget.  Otherwise, make do with what you've got.  :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,117
[CVLUL]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,430 posts
13,508 battles
On 12/8/2019 at 12:19 AM, reza577 said:

I have sene hydro upgrade and defensive AA upgrade in armory tab.

Are they like consumables? or do they upgrade all your hydros on all ships?

No they are direct upgrades that you slot instead of the usual.  You pay for them once with coal, mount them on the desired ship and they will remain there buffing that ship in their stated function as long as they remain in the game.

I do highly recommend them.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3
[5D4]
Members
26 posts
13,126 battles

All the  information you all listed is information I already know and understand.
But the questions I directly asked was not answered, which was:
 

Which purchased modifications [with coal] to which ship provides best performance?
Is there a list of which ships and which modifications [ purchased with Coal] gives you the best performance?
 

The answers to the questions listed above are what I am asking about, only asking about...................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,572
[PVE]
Members
19,852 posts
12,031 battles
3 hours ago, Cajun_15 said:

All the  information you all listed is information I already know and understand.
But the questions I directly asked was not answered, which was:
 

Which purchased modifications [with coal] to which ship provides best performance?
Is there a list of which ships and which modifications [ purchased with Coal] gives you the best performance?
 

The answers to the questions listed above are what I am asking about, only asking about...................

There is not an exhaustive list that I know of. Here are some of mine.

DM & Worcester go for the RADAR mod.

Hipper & Prinz Eugen go for the Hydro mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
191
[ARGSY]
Members
471 posts
9,307 battles
On 12/8/2019 at 4:02 PM, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Also the speed boost on French DDs is stupid, you end up being able to be speed boosted for something like 80% of the match...

Yep, this is in my opinion one of the most cost effective upgrades in the game. Put them on any French ship that will take them. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
694 posts
3,697 battles
On 12/10/2019 at 3:40 PM, PowerSurged said:

IMO don't bother with them unless your gearing up a premium ship or a T10 otherwise its a waste of resources if your going up the tech tree

Plenty of good ships in the mid tiers of the game are worth keeping and playing geared well. T10 is arguably the worst tier to play at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
843 posts
4,679 battles
On 12/8/2019 at 7:43 PM, Shoggoth_pinup said:

And let's not forget Georgia, too! From 3 minute duration to 4:30 at 38 knots! Gods do I love that ship for co-op... You can cause a lot of trouble in that first 4:30 of a match, while also annoying green cruiser that you at times outpace. :Smile_teethhappy:

My favourite use for the first boost is hitting a weak flank and obliterating it.

My favourite use for the second boost is finding a battleship that isn't moving and torpedoing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
220 posts
9,821 battles
12 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

Plenty of good ships in the mid tiers of the game are worth keeping and playing geared well. T10 is arguably the worst tier to play at.

True I guess I was thinking of a newer player who may not have many coal ships. Even now personally I only slap on coal upgrades for my premiums/specials and T10s still as there's still several coal ships I want. But then again I don't tend to spend gold to demount either. 

Edited by PowerSurged

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×