You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Phasezer

New Rank Grind (Base XP) Suggestion!!

6 comments in this topic

[PN]
Members
6 posts
7,049 battles

Not sure if this has been suggested before.  I read somewhere a few weeks ago a good suggestion for an improved rank system.  Use Base XP instead of victories to gain stars.  I would like to add to it with the "gain the star system"  Where as, the top 3 players get double base xp winning and the top player on the losing side gets double base xp.  (Not sure if granting "double" base xp is possible.) Or some other reward for being top player(s) of each team.  I believe the this base xp system will promote more team play and players going for the WIN instead of the farming/ selfish play that the current "save the star system" promotes.  There will still be selfish/ farming players in the base xp system, but it'll be less stressful as you will not need to rely on the victory to still progress ranks.  Losses will count too since its base xp, however; it'll just  be a slower grind to the next rank level.     

So an example of base XP could be it takes 6000 base xp get rank 14 from rank 15.   

I think there is a better way to the rank system than what we currently have, feel free to improve or add to this. 

What does the community think? 

• Cool 1

[TASC]
Members
422 posts
9,757 battles

so it has been put forth before. any ideas on why it hasn't been used? i see tons of complaint posts about the save a star junk we have now. you can feel when it is nothing but save a star teams and people are just trying to save a star to the top or as far as they can go. 

a few games of that and i stop playing ranked. i be i'm not alone in that either. 

Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles
1 hour ago, rutilius83 said:

so it has been put forth before. any ideas on why it hasn't been used? i see tons of complaint posts about the save a star junk we have now. you can feel when it is nothing but save a star teams and people are just trying to save a star to the top or as far as they can go. 

a few games of that and i stop playing ranked. i be i'm not alone in that either. 

I don't think anyone is really in love with the current system, but it seems to be what WG wants.  You win, you progress.  You lose, you lose progress (or at least don't gain).  You system would make ranking out a fair bit easier and straight forward, being that you would always be making progress.  To balance that, you'd have to have a pretty high amount of XP required to hit the top ranks, and not sure people would really like that.

[PN]
Members
6 posts
7,049 battles

I don't think anyone is really in love with the current system, but it seems to be what WG wants.  You win, you progress.  You lose, you lose progress (or at least don't gain).  You system would make ranking out a fair bit easier and straight forward, being that you would always be making progress.  To balance that, you'd have to have a pretty high amount of XP required to hit the top ranks, and not sure people would really like that.

Of course the Devs can make it as grindy as they want.  Yes, i agree if it is to grindy, players would not enjoy it.   

I would like to see it used in rank sprint, since they like testing rank ideas in sprint, just to see if its feasible and if the community would like it.