Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tank_Ace

What better use of coal Thunderer or Smolensk

13 comments in this topic

Members
53 posts
1,355 battles

Ok it took me a while to almost save up enough coal for a Thunderer or Smolensk.   It took me more than a year.  So what is a better choice and why.  I have enough for a conqueror (waiting for a sale to purchase) but I am only up to a T8 on Russian CA's.  If I get one it will be a long while if ever to save up for the other. 

Also what about the Yoshino as an option. 

thanks 

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,478 posts
19,378 battles

Depends. Do you want to drive a mediocre ship doing mediocre things, or laugh at people's impotent range as you set them ablaze from smoke?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[LOIN]
Supertester
819 posts
11 minutes ago, Tank_Ace said:

Ok it took me a while to almost save up enough coal for a Thunderer or Smolensk.   It took me more than a year.  So what is a better choice and why.  I have enough for a conqueror (waiting for a sale to purchase) but I am only up to a T8 on Russian CA's.  If I get one it will be a long while if ever to save up for the other. 

Also what about the Yoshino as an option. 

thanks 

It kind of depends on you. The Smolinsk will be getting a nerf, that is if the HE changes go through. If battleships are your main, then go with Thunderor. If cruisers your cup of tea, then go with Smolinsk. 

They're both pretty good options.

Edited by Starfleet1701
  • Confused 1

[LOIN]
Supertester
819 posts
3 minutes ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

yoshino is bleh, floating coffin.

I have a friend who seems to enjoy it. I don't have it, but considered getting it. I do have the Alaska though, which that thing is awesome.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,847 posts
7 minutes ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

yoshino is bleh, floating coffin.

My opinion is the opposite.  It's a good ship.

[-KIA-]
Members
596 posts
6,653 battles
12 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

My opinion is the opposite.  It's a good ship.

The casemate is literally coffin shaped.

Members
53 posts
1,355 battles

The max Shooting range of the Smolensk it is 13.8km plus 20% with cap training, right?  Upgrade and flags does not apply to primary guns, right. 

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
840 posts
10,092 battles
7 minutes ago, Tank_Ace said:

The max Shooting range of the Smolensk it is 13.8km plus 20% with cap training, right?  Upgrade and flags does not apply to primary guns, right. 

You can get the range out to 19-20 with the range module and captain skills if desired but I only run range module and use cap skills for other things and my range is 16.2k I believe?

[T_O_P]
Members
422 posts

I recall seeing a post not too long ago where a person called Thunderer a disappointment because it was practically like playing Vanguard?? idk. I'm in the same situation as the OP though, and will have just enough coal when the coupons will reset. I will be getting a Smolensk. Just my dumb luck? I guess I won't get to payback and aggravate the opponent team HE-Spammers as much like they got to aggravate me for many months if the nerf will be substantial? yeah my primary targets will be other HE spammers until my self esteem will be restored  :Smile_hiding:

a case of "If you can't beat them, join them" :Smile_veryhappy:

Edited by RusskiySpy

[USCC]
Members
79 posts
13,111 battles

The Smolensk will have you laughing like Snidely Whiplash. Or maybe it's his dog, either way it's great fun.

Edited by Filthy

[TRIST]
Members
413 posts
4,324 battles

Smol's getting an armor nerf and there are some HE changes incoming, so I recommend Thunderer, since it's alot more fun anyways than just sitting behind an island or smoke and pressing one button. Also it's really good for ranked, I'll be saving for Thunderer myself 

Members
843 posts
4,679 battles

Smolensk is one of the most overpowered ships in the game's history. Even the incoming nerfs will do little to hurt it.

• Boring 1

Sign in to follow this