You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
reza577

first win of the day? christmas XP?

10 comments in this topic

[-N-]
Beta Testers
152 posts
3,699 battles

I know we get snowflakes, 1 use per ship. but anyone knows if we get the 100% XP boost or will it be 50%...?

If it's 50% i guess i just log in once for snowflake thing and that will be all for the month of december.

• Funny 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,847 posts
11 minutes ago, reza577 said:

I know we get snowflakes, 1 use per ship. but anyone knows if we get the 100% XP boost or will it be 50%...?

If it's 50% i guess i just log in once for snowflake thing and that will be all for the month of december.

No-one knows until we get the patch notes.  If they don't say, no-one knows until the patch goes live.

[-K-]
Members
8,402 posts
14,458 battles

If I was a betting man, I'd say it'll likely be 100% bonus, but no guarantees on that.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,478 posts
19,378 battles

We don't know yet, hasn't been announced.

[POP]
Members
4,481 posts
11,623 battles

Nothing's confirmed until we get the patch notes, but I'd be willing to bet we will have at least a few days of 100% around Christmas like they've done in the past.

Members
221 posts
21,739 battles

Did anyone mention that you should wait for the patch notes to come out?  :)

[LFD]
Alpha Tester
3,951 posts
678 battles
1 hour ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Nothing's confirmed until we get the patch notes...

I wouldn't even say that. There have been changes in both WoT and WoWs between the patch notes and patch going live. That doesn't even mention the fact that the patch notes may be written in a manner that is confusing, misleading, or vague. Most of the time they give out great patch notes and the patch matches almost perfectly, but that isn't always the case.

[PVE]
Members
19,888 posts
12,128 battles
2 hours ago, reza577 said:

The snowflake and first win bonuses are separate. The snowflake stays until you get the first win on that ship during the patch. The daily first win bonus changes day per day depending on what the global bonus is that day.

This is an example, we do not know if WG will do the daily bonus this way.

Say on Wed, Dec 11th, the daily first win bonus is +50%. Then if you play Montecuccoli and win, you get your 400 coal from the snowflake and your Daily +50% XP bonus. But say you don't play Genova.

On Thu, Dec 12th, the daily first win bonus is +50%. You play Montecuccoli again and win. You do not get any more coal as your snowflake is gone, but it is a new day so you get the +50% XP bonus again for the first win. You play Atlanta and win, so you get the +50% first win bonus and since you have not played Atlanta yet this patch AND won, get 750 coal from the snowflake. You play Genova and the daily bonus is still +50%, but you do not win. You do not get the daily first win bonus and the snowflake stays on the ship because you did not win.

Then on Fri, Dec 13th, the daily first win bonus is +100% XP. You play Montecuccoli and win again and get the +100% XP first win bonus. Still no coal for the Montecuccoli as you got the snowflake on the 11th. You play Atlanta and win, so get the +100% first win bonus, but no coal as you got the snowflake on the 12th. Say you play the Yorck and win, so you get the +100% first win bonus and 750 coal for the snowflake as this is the first time you have won in the Yorck this patch. You play Genova again and lose. So no +100% XP first win bonus and the snowflake stays.

Sat, you only have time for one game and decide on Genova. You play and win. So you get the +100% first win bonus and get 400 coal for the snowflake. At this point, you have got 4 snowflakes gone and all the rest of your ships with snowflakes that you have not won a game in yet stay on the ships until you win a game. The daily first win bonus can change each day, but the snowflake stays on until you win the first time on that ship in the patch.

So, if you have a number of ships, what is recommended by other players, is to hop into co-op and play each ship until you get a win to get the snowflake. That usually takes only one co-op game, but sometimes it will take two. Once you have all of your snowflakes gone, then you do not have to worry about missing one. You farm first win bonuses like you normally do. If there is a +100% first win bonus day, decide if the snowflake is worth more than the XP bonus to see if you should play random or co-op. Remember, the snowflakes can be blown off by a win in Random, Co-op, Scenario, Ranked, and/or Clan battles.